When Will Kendricks Breakout?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

by all reports kendricks was highly involved in most of what the rams offense practiced during training camp. come start ofthe regular season we've hardly seen him. he's caught everything that's come his way but not many passes have come his way.

anyone have any idea why he is being used so sparingly so far in the offense? will they work him in slowly as the weeks go by or will they use a particular game to showcase his skills as some sort of surprise tactic against an unsuspecting d?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I wondered this myself. I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten too many passes, but you're right he does appear to catch everything thrown his way.

I wonder if it's just scheming for each team. For instance, it might be that the Schotty thought that the skill set the WR bring would be better served against the Lions and Redskins.

Also, I wonder if it's due to the weakness of the O-line. It might be that he's being asked to help block because our O-line is tattered and could be overwhelmed.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
brokeu91 said:
I wondered this myself. I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten too many passes, but you're right he does appear to catch everything thrown his way.

I wonder if it's just scheming for each team. For instance, it might be that the Schotty thought that the skill set the WR bring would be better served against the Lions and Redskins.

Also, I wonder if it's due to the weakness of the O-line. It might be that he's being asked to help block because our O-line is tattered and could be overwhelmed.

That's my sense of it, just can't afford to send him into the pattern with a beat up line . I think Shotty sees when a tackle is struggling and actually makes adjustments, THAT to ME is refreshing

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
We were asking when Bradford would break out last week, and he responded well. So I think all we need to do is get more publicity around Kendricks breaking out and the football gods will answer.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
After the drops bit him hard last year maybe they are just slow rolling him. If he catches 1 or 2 balls the first couple weeks, then you up the dose a bit and hope he 'catches' on...too punny!

But yeah, it's more likely he's being used as an extra body at the line to chip late blitzers and such.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I was very high on him last preseason where he was a beast. When the regular season came around, and he started dropping a lot of sure catches I lost faith in him.

From all the preseason games to his College footage he seemed to be a steady safety valve, or even a TE that will stretch the field like a Vernon Davis. I know he's not fast as Vernon, but he would be a mismatch for a lot of OLB's or Safeties around the league.

He's blocking seems to be ok from some of the runs I see him block, but I think he's true asset is stretching the defense. I saw Kendricks motioning a lot, or lining up at the FB position. That would be a good play for a Play-action or screen to the FB to switch things up

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I've seen him lay some pretty good blocks too. He's been a solid player so far this season. Kid has good work ethic. He'll be just fine with these coaches.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He'll get his 16 reception game here soon enough. Right now he's probably needed more on the line, but once Schotty sees a defense susceptible to a TE of Kendricks' skillset, he'll turn him loose. No doubt in my mind.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Let him block and help out the line, give him a few catches to help the confidence get higher, and when the time is right unleash him on a defense.