When Will Gurley Hit 1000?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

When Will Todd Gurley Break 1,000 Yards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Todd Gurley had his coming out party his rookie season 2015, in Arizona. Breaking off several long runs, and the memorable play Tyrann Mathieu ran him down, saving a touchdown. Gurley and the Honey Badger then did some pretty intense trash talk with each other.

It seems inevitable those two players will go their whole career battling each other. It is something to keep an eye on Sunday.

Hopefully Gurley builds on the good feelings with another big game at the University of Phoenix Stadium this weekend, as the Rams continue their quest for a successful inaugural season under Sean McVay.

Gurley currently has 865 rushing yards for the season. Good for 3rd in the league, after 11 games.

It is conceivable that the 3rd year back could break the thousand yard barrier with 135 yards Sunday.

Because of Gurley’s history against the Cardinals, and the type of game McVay may be planning, I believe it may happen! Let me know in the poll what you all think.

:football:

jap

Legend
Hell!, I'm waiting for Todd's first 200-yard rushing effort. I wouldn't mind by a 300-yard game campaign either. However, to get those kind of yards, Jared's fly guys will have to have the Cards so terrified by their scoring potential that they flood the field with DB in an effort to halt the Sean/Jerad blitzkrieg. Either that or the Card's D might have to suffer a complete collapse, or Todd might just go Gurley Express! crazy.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
How about a long td run ? Not sure what his longest is this season but I'm
Craving a long TD run from TG.

He is having a special season

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
I think he won't actually break 1000 until the Seahawks game. Arizona has the #10 rush defense, and Philadelphia is #1. McVay seems like he's been saving Gurley a bit these last few games, probably to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I could care less.

My interest is in the health of Gurley at this stage of the season. Gurley's top 2 reliefs have been out for a while now. No ideal when of if Brown will be able to return. Dunbar has been UN-healthy all season saw action in one game with 5 carries & injured his damaged knee again & has been out 2 weeks now. I would not be surprised to see Gurley listed on the injury list today with some type of neck stinger or right arm weakness concerns.

I saw a battered worn down Gurley running late in the 4th quarter against the Saints. His current relief is Tavon Austin who can not possibly carry any type of load for Gurley leaving the UDFA rookie Justin Davis. I would prefer to give Gurley some light work in AZ & get Davis some good amount of action & even throw in some outside runs by Pharoh Cooper.

McVay must keep Gurley healthy & ready to go in the real vital important games with the Seahawks & Eagles.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

His long is 36 for the year.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Same dude. I think 36 yards against the Texans. He hasn’t had a long run since his rookie year. Once he gets it, they will come in numbers.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
Dunbar should be healthy for this game and McVay stated that Brown is ahead of schedule and could play in the next game depends on how he pratices. So i think we should be to rest Gurley more in this game

I could care less.

My interest is in the health of Gurley at this stage of the season. Gurley's top 2 reliefs have been out for a while now. No ideal when of if Brown will be able to return. Dunbar has been UN-healthy all season saw action in one game with 5 carries & injured his damaged knee again & has been out 2 weeks now. I would not be surprised to see Gurley listed on the injury list today with some type of neck stinger or right arm weakness concerns.

I saw a battered worn down Gurley running late in the 4th quarter against the Saints. His current relief is Tavon Austin who can not possibly carry any type of load for Gurley leaving the UDFA rookie Justin Davis. I would prefer to give Gurley some light work in AZ & get Davis some good amount of action & even throw in some outside runs by Pharoh Cooper.

McVay must keep Gurley healthy & ready to go in the real vital important games with the Seahawks & Eagles.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he won't actually break 1000 until the Seahawks game. Arizona has the #10 rush defense, and Philadelphia is #1. McVay seems like he's been saving Gurley a bit these last few games, probably to keep him fresh for the playoffs.
Agree.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could care less.

So then you care quite a bit? :sneaky:

Seriously, though, Bonifay, I see your point. This was for kicks and giggles. Stats don't matter if you don't get the W. (Just ask Jameis Winston. He's got to be starving!)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My interest is in the health of Gurley at this stage of the season.

Exactly. McVay knows this and thankfully we have Brown coming back, because he can actually pound that rock for us and allow for a nice play action when TG comes out.

Keep TG healthy because we have a murder's row of games vs tough defenses ahead on the way to the Super Bowl.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Todd Gurley had his coming out party his rookie season 2015, in Arizona. Breaking off several long runs, and the memorable play Tyrann Mathieu ran him down, saving a touchdown. Gurley and the Honey Badger then did some pretty intense trash talk with each other.

It seems inevitable those two players will go their whole career battling each other. It is something to keep an eye on Sunday.

Hopefully Gurley builds on the good feelings with another big game at the University of Phoenix Stadium this weekend, as the Rams continue their quest for a successful inaugural season under Sean McVay.

Gurley currently has 865 rushing yards for the season. Good for 3rd in the league, after 11 games.

It is conceivable that the 3rd year back could break the thousand yard barrier with 135 yards Sunday.

Because of Gurley’s history against the Cardinals, and the type of game McVay may be planning, I believe it may happen! Let me know in the poll what you all think.

:football:
Not only will he Crack 1000 yards rushing against the Cards, But with only 21 more yards receiving he'll have 500 yards receiving for the Season so far!! Not a bad start with 4 more games to the Regular Season!!:D

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Can see it later than Philly considering we utilize him frequently as a receiver; couldn't careless if he does or doesn't as long as we're winning. Anyone complaining about him not making it 1k rushing yards is basically a fantasy football shill

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Don't know what you're talking about, the guy has over 1300 yards already. (y)

But as far as rushing yards, Todd needs 135 to get to 1000. If Dunbar or Brown is back for this game to block on some 3rd downs then I could see Gurley getting enough work on the ground to make it happen this week. But if not he'll do it against the Eagles!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Don't know what you're talking about, the guy has over 1300 yards already. (y)

But as far as rushing yards, Todd needs 135 to get to 1000. If Dunbar or Brown is back for this game to block on some 3rd downs then I could see Gurley getting enough work on the ground to make it happen this week. But if not he'll do it against the Eagles!

Both reserve RB who have been battling knee injuries Brown & Dunbar were listed yesterday as Limited Participation in Practice - Less than 100% of a player's normal repetitions.This is good information since both were listed as DNP last Friday. Hopefully one of these two can spell Gurley some against the Cards so he can be a little fresher for the Eagles & Seahawks games.

Rams listed 10 injuries yesterday. 8 DNP! Two new injuries show'd up with Ankles, CB Kayvon Webster & WR Josh Reynolds. CB Robey-Coleman, Nickell was still listed as Limited Participation in Practice too.