When Justin Hollins returns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
McVAY Spoke about Hollins role when he returns.

McVAY spoke of Hollins incredible versatility and
hinted that we may see him lining up beside Jones
at one of the ILB spots.

If this is true I will be delighted to have him instead of
Reeder when the defense goes with 2 ILB's

Does anyone have any info on Hollins timeline for return??

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When Hollins returns we do the happy dance.

giphy.gif

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Yeah, now that we're so deep at OLB and thin at ILB, I was wondering if they'd try to move somebody in.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If I recall correctly they said around week 10 mark

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's great to hear that. Hollins moves pretty well for a big dude and he's rangy as F too. Might see him start giving Reeder some real competition. To date that has not been the case, as Reeder's the only guy in that room with some physicality.

So however that plays out the competition is good for us and all of a sudden our LB group overall is looking a hell of a lot better than it was a few weeks ago. :thumbsup1:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I see what that CBS sports site says about Week 9 but I do not think it is correct.

I recall that 10 weeks was the initial projection for his return ... not Week 10.

Ten Weeks from late-September would be around mid-December.

Also, it was a partially torn pec and it required surgery. A fully-torn-pec is usually season-ending; so I think the Rams are hopeful Hollins will paly this season but I don't think it will be in the next few weeks.

Would absolutely love to be wrong here because the Rams have no depth at ILB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Week 10 is next week. It will be awesome to get him back.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I like Justin Hollins a ton!

I bet he will make a pretty good impression on many when he gets an opportunity to plug an inside hole for some big hits.

One thing right off the bat is for QB's trying to throw over an over 6-5 rangy athletic ILB'er compared to the usual short stuff.

Hollins was a very big part of our defense early on. Having Floyd/ Miller/ Lewis/ Okoronkwo/ Garrett/ Jamir Jones & Justin Hollins available to use their pass-rushing skills to attack those offenses is going to be great to watch.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IIRC... Denver moved Hollins inside after his first year and the results were not good. That's why he became available to the Rams. He is, however, two years older and more experienced now.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I doubt Hollins is moved inside as some of you are suggesting. And if he is it will on situational roles.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
IIRC... Denver moved Hollins inside after his first year and the results were not good. That's why he became available to the Rams. He is, however, two years older and more experienced now.

That was my understanding also.

Found an article from August 2020, when Denver was moving Hollins inside (injuries were a factor). However, I could not find anything related to his performance inside

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Reeder is killing me lately even on special teams as he not only didn't catch one of them against the Lions, but got in the way and kicked the ball against the Texans, making it live and was bailed out by Higbee.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I doubt Hollins is moved inside as some of you are suggesting. And if he is it will on situational roles.
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/02/rams-justin-hollins-von-miller-injured-reserve-return/

McVay suggested that Hollins could play inside linebacker when he comes back from his pec injury, displaying the versatility and position flexibility to move around the defense.

“I think when you look at the versatility that Justin provides. I think he really established himself as a legitimate outside backer. But his versatility was one of the things that was so enticing that Brandon (Staley) had a really good feel for when we put in a claim for him last year and I thought he only built on his role,” McVay said. “And so now you’re saying right, Leonard (Floyd), Von, you bring Hollins back into the mix, there’s a lot of excitement with some things that you can draw up in ways that you can utilize ways to get our best 11 football players on the field, specifically defensively. When he does come back, whenever that is at some point this season, we’ll definitely be able to find some creative ways to utilize his skillset in addition to those other guys that’ll be out there with him.”

Hollins also played inside some last year.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If Hollins plays the inside... It will probably be on obvious passing downs where he can give different looks.. present as a pass rusher, or drop.

He ain't playing inside on first down.