When is Sams surgery- and what is recovery this time?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tbux

Rookie
This may have been talked about already- and if so I apologize. I want to know with a second surgery on same knee if rehab is the same or is it longer? if he goes under the knife soon, wouldnt he be ready to go next year this time? He went out week 7 last year and was about ready in preseason. So shouldnt he be ok for next camp if he gets it done now?

what is success rate (surely lower) with the 2nd surgery of same knee? any experts on the subject?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I saw a report earlier that the recovery time is longer for a second operation.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I haven't seen anything official, but this article I posted in another thread suggests that the 2nd time can be easier. The ACL reconstructions require tunnels to be drilled in the femur and tibia, which are used to anchor the new grafts. Presuming the tunnels were properly placed and still intact, they can be re-used.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads...rds-from-an-acl-surgeon-and-your-prede.29339/

All of this is just speculation until we get official word (which I haven't seen yet).

tahoe

Pro Bowler
RG3 injured his ACL for the second time in the playoffs and still started the next season. Granted he wasnt as effective and probably came back too fast but Bradford would 6 months longer to recover than RG3 did