When all is said and done who will be the Rams #1 pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I think it will be a close decision between Brandon Scherff and Andrus Peat but I am going with Scherff. I think the Rams will be tempted to take one of the three talented WR's (Cooper, White or Parker) but in the end they know they have to finally get their OL in order to help protect Bradford and open running lanes for Mason, Cunningham and company so they can help keep the Rams offense sustain more drives to give the Rams defense a break!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm with you. I think it may be Peat because Scherff is more versatile and may be off the board before the 10th pick. It certainly will be hard to pass on Cooper or White but I think this draft is deep at WR and somebody like Rashard Greene may still be there in the 3rd. OT is the smart play this year and it wouldn't surprise or upset me to see them go OG and C with their next two picks.

FRO

Legend
I think the Rams are going for a big nasty OL. Scherff fits what they wanted in Martin last year. A nasty college LT who is better off at OG in the NFL.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, IMO, if they resign Barksdale then they could go in another direction WR or Scherff because Scherff would project as a guard and they will desperately need one. However, I have a feeling they are not that high on Barksdale and Joe will sign elsewhere which would make Andrus Peat or T.J. Clemmings too good to pass up considering the immediate need, plus it would give the Rams bookends for a long period of time.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If they draft another WR instead of Oline it will tell me that they either don't want to win or they don't care as long as the uninformed fan keeps coming to games to watch them lose.

BadCompany

Rookie
I won't pretend to be an expert, but my knee-jerk reaction would be
1) OL
2) OL or BPA if it's close
3) Best OL available

If a QB falls into that 2nd round window then fine. But otherwise I wouldn't complain one bit if we went three OL in the first three rounds.

Fix it. Please.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Even if Barksdale is re-signed, if they pick a WR (or any position other than OL) with the first round pick then I'm gonna have a meltdown on ROD (although it'll happen a few hours after everyone else has had their meltdown thanks to the time difference). This will then be followed by a series of smaller meltdowns during the course of the 2015 season as I watch the Rams crappy O line bumble its way through to another losing record.

Of course all of this can be avoided if Snisher does what we all know needs to be done and fixes the biggest glaring hole on this team.

EDIT: Anyone who replies and says that WR is a bigger hole needs to be banned and have laser eye surgery

thehammer

Rookie
I think the Rams are going for a big nasty OL. Scherff fits what they wanted in Martin last year. A nasty college LT who is better off at OG in the NFL.

+1
actually the fact that they almost drafted Martin last year does makes Scherff(a Martin clone) more likely this year....

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Well, IMO, if they resign Barksdale then they could go in another direction WR or Scherff because Scherff would project as a guard and they will desperately need one. However, I have a feeling they are not that high on Barksdale and Joe will sign elsewhere which would make Andrus Peat or T.J. Clemmings too good to pass up considering the immediate need, plus it would give the Rams bookends for a long period of time.
Barksdale should be coming off the bench. His pass protection is not up to par. Bottom line the Rams need to draft OL wihtt he first three picks. They have pleny of capable receivers in Britt, Quick, Bailey, Cook, Austin, and Givens.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I kinda like Clemmings. A bit of a risk as he's only had a couple years' experience at RT, but he's got all of the tools and a great work ethic. For me, it's a toss up between him and Scherff.

Realistically I can see them bringing back Barksdale and thus having a clear path for Scherff, but if it doesn't shake out that way, then I'm targeting Clemmings all the way.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm going o-line all the way with Scherff at the top of my list too

I would be interested to see a C be picked up in R2 - Reese Dismukes

So we could have
LT - Robinson
LG - Jones (yep I've switched him to guard)
C - Reese Dismukes
RG - Saffold
RT - Scherff

But... if Scherff isn't available at 10, I'd trade back a couple of spots, still targeting a LT and try and pick up a 4th too

FRO

Legend
I think the Rams could trade back and pick up a second round pick while still getting a very good offensive line prospect. Scherff, Clemmings, Collins, and Erving are all targets and I'm pretty sure one and probably multiple will be there in the mid twenties.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think that is what we have in Robinson....adding another guy like that is fine with me.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Honestly, even though I agree the line has to be fixed, I'd have even more reservations than last year with taking another tackle so high.

The holes are guard and center, and good teams can and do address those later. We already have our LT of the future.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think they have to strengthen the line. If there isn't a lineman on their board worth the 10th spot, then go BPA no matter what the position is.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not sure if Scherff will make it to #10 but I do agree with most everyone here thinking OL has got to be the pick. Since I don't know who will come or go in FA and I don't buy in to the we can get someone later to coach up idea just give me the best OL guy left on the Rams board at #10 and I'll be happy.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I like Scherff at 10 then best Center or Guard availble with the 2nd round pick then I say if DGB is still on the board trade the rest of our draft to get back up into the 2nd and draft him and I would be a happy man.

Best case scenario assuming they dont resign Barkesdale is to do everything we can to sign center Hudson in FA then draft our RT and Guard with the first 2 picks. we need to bring in at lease one good Vet starter in FA we cant have 3 rookies starting on the Oline.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The poor pass blocking single post dweller ORT (no longer a Ram) Barksdale should not figure here as to what the first #10 selection is best to improve & help this Ram team in 2015 & beyond. This kind of thinking IMO will be a very large mistake!

Rams have very serious issues presently & beyond in the OL. No other Ram unit is in such poor condition. The amount of holes ORT-OLG-Swing OT & OC ......This Org needs the best OL'er possible to help bring one of the worse OL up to par. (of course non of that means anything to the WR droolers ) With so many large questions & plain unknowns in this OL ....make this a easy selection. Whatever OL prospect brings the most to the line is the selection. This selection (whomever it is) needs to come & start right out of the very large heavy duty Box.

Now of the top prospects who is closest to to being that player? If there is not one prospect who comes close to filling that large order....better be looking for a good deal in a trade down or trade downs in that first rd.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm still holding out hope for a miracle trade UP scenario that allows us to draft Winston.

Crossing fingers.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they draft another WR instead of Oline it will tell me that they either don't want to win or they don't care as long as the uninformed fan keeps coming to games to watch them lose.

I think it's a bit extreme to say that.

Rams are going to supplement the 2 quality OL they have with at least one FA. They still have a chance to re-sign Barks at a decent rate too even if he just ends up being depth it will help. This draft looks very nice in the 2nd and 3rd rounds for interior OL types and even some RT types who can be moved around and play at OG.

IMO Rams will go BPA in the first round. Could be a DE given the quality of the position up high too, btw. Or one of those two big WRs. I just don't think OT is a given there.