What's your idea of perfect offseason?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Hoist a big silver football-shaped trophy

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I am always realistic when it comes to the Rams! (maybe that should have been in Blue font!) But, After we re-tool our O-Line, and add LB help. The following Will happen; Quinn and Long Will Tie for the " Deacon Jones Award" For most sacks in a single Season. The Team will set NFL all-time Records in Sacks, INT's, D-Points scored, Most O-Points score, Go un-defeated, And Win the SB By A score of 49-12!! That's MY idea of a perfect Season!:D ( I got the score from my ROD member # 1249!)
In the end though...

...twin Swedish models is the best idea, and we all know it.
For once I have to disagree with you, RamzFanz, Twin Asian Girls, anytime!!(y):D

moklerman

Warner-phile
Okay, it's semantics but I would re-structure Sam's contract, not "make him take a pay cut". Obviously, his ability to stay on the field is the issue so I set it up so that he can attain what his contract is now as long as he's on the field every week(and producing).

Sign Matt Moore as the veteran FA with starting experience, potential upside and willingness to be a backup. Bring back Davis/Keenum/Gilbert as the developmental guy depending on who the coaching staff is highest on. I wouldn't be totally opposed to Hill returning but that isn't an optimal situation. He's going to be 35+ next year and has already shown that he can't stay healthy. Plus, he's not under contract.

Cut ties with J. Long and Wells to add to the freed up cap space.

Hire Mike Martz as a consultant for Schottenheimer. Still very unsure about Schottenheimer but am leary of starting over on offense. His offense has worked under the right conditions so it isn't a case of "needing" to scrap it all. But the personnel on this offense have not been adept at quickly acclimating so I don't think putting in something new is the right way to go for 2015.

Continue what they've already been doing on defense. The offense is really the issue but it isn't like it's a lost cause. Had they had some better luck with injuries we wouldn't even be talking about it.

Overall, this is the first time in a long time that I have faith in what's being done. Don't always agree with the particulars but this staff is professional and knows what it's doing. So, my offseason plan is to just sit back and enjoy.

lockdnram21

Legend
Cut Long and Wells. Restructure Bradfords contract. Sign the best Center in Fa(if theres a good one). Resign Britt. Draft a Guard. Draft Qb in either 2nd or 3rd round. Get a vet Qb to back up Bradford

moklerman

Warner-phile
Cut Long and Wells. Restructure Bradfords contract. Sign the best Center in Fa(if theres a good one). Resign Britt. Draft a Guard. Draft Qb in either 2nd or 3rd round. Get a vet Qb to back up Bradford
Forgot about re-signing Britt and I agree.

Snead is going to be busy this offseason, that's for sure. Bradford, J. Long, Wells, Britt, C. Long(?), Hill...lot of decisions to deal with.

fearsomefour

Legend
Restructure Bradford, cut Long and Wells (Cook doesn't save enough money to cut), Sign Wiz from Oakland, resign our important FA, draft Scherff the T from Iowa and plop him down at LG. Fierce O line. Find some affordable solid depth via FA at LB. Get off to a fast start next year and win the NFC West on the way to....big things.

Alan

Legend
MontrealRam adding what's necessary:
Swedish models. Twins. Female.
Good point. :LOL:

I guess you have to add that in in today's world. :coffee:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford restructuring his contract staying healthy through preseason and training camp picking a center and guard in the first 2 rounds. A QB round 3 and safety and cb and lb and dgb

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Most of the Rams offseason questions revolve around the offense, with QB and the offensive lines as the particular areas of concern and in my opinion they are also the two most important parts of the offense as well. I agree with a lot of the basic sentiments here about restructuring Bradford along with resigning Britt, Barksdale and Kendricks if $$'s allow. I think the Rams really need to invest draft capital in the offensive line this offseason but I do not want to see them reaching for a lineman when/if another Aaron Donald type of player is staring them in the face in the first round. Note: The Rams decision to take Robinson #2 overall looks like a great move in hindsight IMO with all of the other questions swirling around the line. I think the rams can upgrade from Joseph, Barnes, and Person but I would like to know what the team internally thinks they have in the young guys like Jones, Washington, and Rhaney along with the PS guys like Travis Bond and Steven Baker. Rhaney and Jones still hold some promise but if the Rams can find upgrades over them I am sure they will not hesitate.

The Rams surging defense promises to return mostly intact with a lot of young and ascending players. In Rotoworlds contract notes it does mention that Eugene Sims 2015 contract year is voidable. Even if Sims chooses to void his contract then at most the Rams would only have 3 vet FA's (Sims, Carrington and Herring) on the defense and none are starters. Herring is a depth/special teams guy and Carrington is a limited rotational D-lineman that I feel can be replaced or even resigned to modest deal. I would like to see Sims play out the final year of his contract, however I could see him leaving since he is the 4th DE in the rotation when the line is fully healthy. With Westrbooks (even Conrath and Brodine) waiting in the wings, losing Sims and Carrington is basic attrition. With the eye for D-line talent the Rams seem to have, finding another late round draft pick or another UDFA young guy to develop is the way to go unless another Donald type steal is sitting there in the early rounds of the draft.

Also two under the Radar moves, for my peace of mind, would be extensions for Hekker and Harkey who are RFA's. I am somewhat on the fence about resigning McLeod who is also an RFA but since he is a known quantity familiar with the system, I say re-up him for a modest price.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My dream would be that the team is actually ready to play a game at the beginning of the season instead of halfway through it... annnd hopefully that game is in St. Louis.
The OP said realistic offseason.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
G, C and 1a qb.

Yes, I have a man crush on Carr. I would love for the Raiders to covet Marriota and be in position to grab him. Give them our 2nd and maybe Stacy. (One can dream).

Come to think of it, Winston seems to have Raider written all over him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Resign Hekker, Britt, Harkey, McLeod, Kendricks, and Hill. Trade Jared Cook and our fifth round pick to the New York Giants for their second and fourth round pick (I can't think of a team that needs a tight end more than the Giants). Sign Stephen Wisniewski in free agency. Cut J. Long, Wells, Bradford, Langford, Sims, Pead, and Givens for cap reasons. Move Joyner to free safety. Trade up to the number one overall slot for two firsts and a future second. And the draft goes like this:

1. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon.

2a (Giants). Ty Sambraillo, OG, Colorado State.

2b. Spencer Drango, OT, Baylor.

3. Markus Golden, DE, Mizzou.

4. Dres Anderson, WR, Utah. (He's the son of our very own Flipper Anderson, by the way.)

7. Kivon Cartwright, TE, Colorado State.

Our Super Bowl championship awaits.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Sign Stephen Wisniewski in free agency. Cut J. Long, Wells, Bradford, Langford, Sims, Pead, and Givens for cap reasons.

Kinda odd that with all you said in that post, the only lines I'm choosing to comment on are these. That said...:
  • Wisniewski has been solid for a long time, he'd be a nice pickup.
  • Long, Wells, Bradford and Langford could all give the Rams cap savings. But
    • Langford is still solid and durable, so I'm not seeing him cut.
    • Long... well... two years with injuries in a row. Better than average if healthy. I kinda imagine they take his money and use it to sign Barksdale (and get a refund in the process).
    • Bradford... that's a thread all unto itself.
    • Wells... surely with all that money they pay him, they can cut him and buy an upgrade. I'm with you there.
  • Sims, Pead, and Givens all have low cap numbers / low salaries.
    • Sims has been awesome. Can't imagine cutting him at such a low salary.
    • Pead has been around long enough to show an upside and hasn't. Time to replace him with a developmental guy with a high upsides. Or maybe they did that aready with Trey Watts.
    • Givens... same thought was with Pead. He's shown more, but has still wandered down to the bottom of the depth chart. He's shown a lot more, but not enough to earn significant game day action. The only thing I remember from him this year is being on the field when Hill threw that last minute INT against SD.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
First I would bring in Mike Martz as OC and then I would sign Adam Timmerman to play guard and Marshal Faulk as running back. Then I would draft Torry Holt.....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Kinda odd that with all you said in that post, the only lines I'm choosing to comment on are these. That said...:
  • Wisniewski has been solid for a long time, he'd be a nice pickup.
  • Long, Wells, Bradford and Langford could all give the Rams cap savings. But
    • Langford is still solid and durable, so I'm not seeing him cut.
    • Long... well... two years with injuries in a row. Better than average if healthy. I kinda imagine they take his money and use it to sign Barksdale (and get a refund in the process).
    • Bradford... that's a thread all unto itself.
    • Wells... surely with all that money they pay him, they can cut him and buy an upgrade. I'm with you there.
  • Sims, Pead, and Givens all have low cap numbers / low salaries.
    • Sims has been awesome. Can't imagine cutting him at such a low salary.
    • Pead has been around long enough to show an upside and hasn't. Time to replace him with a developmental guy with a high upsides. Or maybe they did that aready with Trey Watts.
    • Givens... same thought was with Pead. He's shown more, but has still wandered down to the bottom of the depth chart. He's shown a lot more, but not enough to earn significant game day action. The only thing I remember from him this year is being on the field when Hill threw that last minute INT against SD.

Sims is replaced by Golden in this draft and has an opt-out clause in his contract. Just saving enough money to resign the big names next year like Brockers, Jenkins, Johnson, Quick, Barron, Zuerlein, etc.

You're absolutely right about Langford, and I'd love to keep him if we can, but I just don't see it. Can't see us resigning Barksdale, unfortunately, because I think he's going to command a rather large contract on the open market. Hence why I picked Drango at tackle.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
First I would bring in Mike Martz as OC and then I would sign Adam Timmerman to play guard and Marshal Faulk as running back. Then I would draft Torry Holt.....
This message has been burned into my retinas forever! ;)

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Read it, learn it, and live it, forever! :p

We are going to party like it's 1999!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Sims is replaced by Golden in this draft and has an opt-out clause in his contract. Just saving enough money to resign the big names next year like Brockers, Jenkins, Johnson, Quick, Barron, Zuerlein, etc.

You're absolutely right about Langford, and I'd love to keep him if we can, but I just don't see it. Can't see us resigning Barksdale, unfortunately, because I think he's going to command a rather large contract on the open market. Hence why I picked Drango at tackle.

Imho, for certain positions, once you find solid players, you lock 'em up. RT and LT fall into that category. Barksdale will not get more on the open market that what we'd save by cutting Jake Long. Despite our success in 2014 draft, in general I have little faith in rookies and their ability to come in and perform, esp if you actually want to win.

Still, Sims is not a FA this year, so no need to cut him this off-season.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Resign Britt, Barksdale, Hekker, Hill, Kendricks, McLeod, Harkey, Barnes.
Cut Long and use money on signing a quality FA.
Draft OL, OL, OL with the first three picks.