What's your idea of perfect offseason?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Let's keep it realistic, but I think dumping Jared cook and jake long would be a great start, sign a better OLB, let Dunbar go, depending on our draft pick take the best QB in the first or pray hundley drops to the second and take the best OLB or guard in the first. Take a passing tight end at some point, sign a vet QB that can manage games, (let's be for real, if Trent dilfer can win a Super Bowl I think a good game manager can win with our defense). Otherwise I wouldn't change much

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Secure a decent QB option and depth. OL interior settled with talented youth.
Get rid of our old useless guys and save money.
️RE-sign out in house talent (Barksdale, JJ, Trumaine etc.)
Lay low and get ready to pummel people next year.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Trade 5 first rounders for Aaron Rodgers, retain the good players, and and sign/draft some beefy interior OL'man. Championship!

Oh, and hire Martz as the OC

In all seriousness, getting a guy like Carr would be excellent to back up Sam.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Fix the QB and O-line problems,resign key players,draft well and stay out of jail.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Why would you dump Jared Cook? His contract makes it really difficult to do, he's been one of the best receiving tight ends this year and he's really improved his blocking. There's no reason to get rid of him. Give him a real QB and I think his numbers would be huge. Yeah the drops are annoying, but his overall package and effectiveness is worth it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
My dream would be that the team is actually ready to play a game at the beginning of the season instead of halfway through it... annnd hopefully that game is in St. Louis.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would you dump Jared Cook? His contract makes it really difficult to do, he's been one of the best receiving tight ends this year and he's really improved his blocking. There's no reason to get rid of him. Give him a real QB and I think his numbers would be huge. Yeah the drops are annoying, but his overall package and effectiveness is worth it.
I've just been bitter about him shoving Davis, and I know he is a good pass catcher, but we forget that easy bc the passes he drops are normally crucial drive killers. Just sticks a little more than most drops, but all drops are drive killers really, he just gets paid a lot for not being a good blocker and having a couple TDs

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get Bradford to restructure. Bring in a good Plan B at QB with potential. Build up the interior OL. Get depth.

And...not release Cook. Why people want to create a hole for no good reason is beyond me. The guy is averaging more yards per route run than Antonio Gates, Julius Thomas, and Jason Witten. He has dropped a total of 3 passes in 12 games. That's less dropped passes than Rob Gronkowski, Vernon Davis, Martellus Bennett, and Heath Miller. Seems to me that people let their emotions do the talking when it comes to Cook. He's a solid to good starting TE...and is a better blocker than he's given credit for. The guy is not liability. There's no good reason to cut him.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Let's keep it realistic, but I think dumping Jared cook and jake long would be a great start, sign a better OLB, let Dunbar go, depending on our draft pick take the best QB in the first or pray hundley drops to the second and take the best OLB or guard in the first. Take a passing tight end at some point, sign a vet QB that can manage games, (let's be for real, if Trent dilfer can win a Super Bowl I think a good game manager can win with our defense). Otherwise I wouldn't change much

Dump the best TE the Rams have ever had? Sign a vet QB that manages better than 98-34 points scored since he (re)started Hill?

I disagree. Keep Cook, keep Hill who knows our system allowing that he must win out this season, and draft or sign O lineman after O lineman until we have 30 or so to pick from. I would scuttle the O line from Wells to the right side completely. Re-structure Bradford and put him behind a wall of O linemen and watch the Rams ignite a massive Super Bowl run.

With Quick back in the fold of Quick, Britt, Bailey, TA, and Cook, the 4 RBs, the pass rush, Bradford/Hill/Rookie, this secondary, a solid O line, O. M. G.

In the end though...

...twin Swedish models is the best idea, and we all know it.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We trade Jake Long, Jared Cook, and Zac Stacy to Indy for Andrew Luck and commit to draft a LB, and an OL in the first two rounds of the 2015 draft. And maybe sign a FA on the OL as well. Oh, you said realistic, sorry.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Not just the best te the rRams have had bbut keep in mind when talking about this and drops most have been wwith backup qbs. As far as the Davis push you wweren't there and have no idea why it happened eemotions ran high iI'mssure and apparently dDavis has fforgiven hhim so why ccan't you

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would like a new Center and Guard. While Joseph and Wells have improved, they still are past their prime, especially Wells. The trouble is that a rookie Center would have a learning curve. Signing Wisneiwski from Oakland is my number 1 FA signing. Drafting a vey good young Guard would be great. Another Tackle/Guard for depth would be good too. Barksdale should be resigned if possible but don't break the bank on him. I wonder if Person can man ORT. The Rams seem to like him. Say by to Jake Long too.

LBer was high on my list but I would not be so excited with a first round choice being used on a LBer....unless he was the obvious heir apparent to take over for Laurinitis eventually. Dunbar is fine in his limited role and he plays well in Williams scheme but with the Rams successfully using 3Safeties with 2 of them being thumpers that hit like LBers, I wonder if the SLB will have an even more diminished role on the Rams defense than before, especially as Barron learns the scheme. We might be seeing the first true 4/2/5 full time defense next year. College teams have been using a third linebacker that is more of a Safety type tweener with good success against spread and zone read offenses to combat the running QB. Some college DCs call it the 'Star' position and it is a guy who does it all. He is usually a bit light for a LBer but good in coverage, hits hard, and is very fast. They can move him around and change up with other positions to help confuse and disguise what the defense is doing. TJ, Mark and Rodney are on the field altogether on plays and have had success, especially against Denver. I think Fisher has a role in mind with Maurice Alexander too maybe as a rotational guy a la the Dline.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would like a new Center and Guard. While Joseph and Wells have improved, they still are past their prime, especially Wells. The trouble is that a rookie Center would have a learning curve. Signing Wisneiwski from Oakland is my number 1 FA signing. Drafting a vey good young Guard would be great. Another Tackle/Guard for depth would be good too. Barksdale should be resigned if possible but don't break the bank on him. I wonder if Person can man ORT. The Rams seem to like him. Say by to Jake Long too.

LBer was high on my list but I would not be so excited with a first round choice being used on a LBer....unless he was the obvious heir apparent to take over for Laurinitis eventually. Dunbar is fine in his limited role and he plays well in Williams scheme but with the Rams successfully using 3Safeties with 2 of them being thumpers that hit like LBers, I wonder if the SLB will have an even more diminished role on the Rams defense than before, especially as Barron learns the scheme. We might be seeing the first true 4/2/5 full time defense next year. College teams have been using a third linebacker that is more of a Safety type tweener with good success against spread and zone read offenses to combat the running QB. Some college DCs call it the 'Star' position and it is a guy who does it all. He is usually a bit light for a LBer but good in coverage, hits hard, and is very fast. They can move him around and change up with other positions to help confuse and disguise what the defense is doing. TJ, Mark and Rodney are on the field altogether on plays and have had success, especially against Denver. I think Fisher has a role in mind with Maurice Alexander too maybe as a rotational guy a la the Dline.

Yep. We're already seeing that. Which is why I wouldn't touch a LB in the 1st round...that and my belief that there isn't a LB worth taking in the first round in this draft(that isn't a 3-4 pass rusher).

Not sure we'll be able to get Wisniewski but I'd be okay with him. I'm not a fan of Person, though. I'd re-sign Barksdale and draft an OL in the first round. T.J. Clemmings and Brandon Scherff are at the top of my list. Either would be great OGs for us and could play OT if needed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB, QB, QB. Find the answer at QB via trade or in the draft. Aside from that...

Have Sam restructure so they can have some wiggle room to plug holes and depth in FA.

Cut Long and Wells for the same reason as above.

Re-sign Barks and an interior OL. If Sam restructures the Rams will have some serious money and may be able to get a guy like Iupati, but all that really matters is some depth

Draft a powerful interior OL.

As Rams fans we gnash our teeth over the weaknesses we see, but the truth is this team has less needs than most. IMO this is a playoff roster aside from one position: QB. Only position that requires real attention is the OL, but I don't think it's a stretch to see them easily reload a couple positions and expect a depth/draftee to fill in as well.

Fix QB and everything will come together. Which is why if I see them get crazy with trades to move up or get a proven QB I will not be surprised. Get the effin QB.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
What a difference three weeks make! Before Denver, most would say new coordinators, FS, LB, 3OL, QB, and WR. But Fisher told his team to stay the course. Internally, this team has grown together over the last couple years THROUGH adversity. They are recognizing and enjoying their success. It's a new special place in time.

Too bad it's too late to see the post-season this year. As Coach says, nobody wants to play us now.

To answer the OP, draft early QB if they like one to backup Bradford, two top YOUNG interior OL, Borland or Mosley type to develop, and continue to add depth and competition at every level.

Big Willie

Starter
Solidify your QB situation with SB (I am not ready to move on yet) and a proven guy (like Eli) to compete with him. Sign a quality and highly sought after FA Center, and Guard to strengthen the OL. Sign a FA FS . Re-sign Barksdale, Britt and cut Wells and JLong. Draft a QB, OLB, OT in the first 3 rounds, and an ILB after that. Have Quickie return to the form he showed last year. From there, have everyone stay relatively healthy for 16 games. With those things in place...I will take my chances against anybody.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
QB, QB, QB. Find the answer at QB via trade or in the draft. Aside from that...

Have Sam restructure so they can have some wiggle room to plug holes and depth in FA.

Cut Long and Wells for the same reason as above.

Re-sign Barks and an interior OL. If Sam restructures the Rams will have some serious money and may be able to get a guy like Iupati, but all that really matters is some depth

Draft a powerful interior OL.

As Rams fans we gnash our teeth over the weaknesses we see, but the truth is this team has less needs than most. IMO this is a playoff roster aside from one position: QB. Only position that requires real attention is the OL, but I don't think it's a stretch to see them easily reload a couple positions and expect a depth/draftee to fill in as well.

Fix QB and everything will come together. Which is why if I see them get crazy with trades to move up or get a proven QB I will not be surprised. Get the effin QB.
No such thing as a proven QB in the draft.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler

I totally disagree

Jared Cook is severely underrated and is a massive Match up problem. He's had a very good year and I feel many fans do not give him the credit he deserves. You dont just find another Tight end with his sort of athletic ability. Yes hes overpaid but he is a big part of our offence and if we let him go, it would be a massive mistake.
Dunbar is a stout run defender and a very cheap cap hit. It makes no sense to let him go. Draft another LB fine but dunbar needs to be kept

As far as what would I like to see happen.
- Bring Sam back if hes willing to play ball at a much lower rate
- Let Jack Long/Wells go, Resign Barksdale/Britt
- Grab a decent guard in FA
- Draft in this order QB, C, LB,