What's up with Les?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Has anyone heard anything concrete about any issues with Les Snead? Ever since the end of last season he has been super low key. Since the draft I really haven't seen him in the media eye much. In the past he was a LOT more visible and in the forefront of the organization. His absence really stood out during Hard Knocks, where he was barely visible. I chalked that up to maybe he didn't want to be part of the show, or maybe he just ended up on the cutting room floor.

Since the show though, and through this point of the season, he still remains oddly out of view. Compared to past years where he was much more visible. I've seen rumors or speculation with regards to possible illness, but haven't heard anything definitive. Has his role within the organization been re-defined? Does he just not want to be the focal point of the LA/National media? Anyone heard anything at all?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
He's the GM. They typically aren't in the spotlight. This really hasn't been different compared to before. He's around more during free agency and the draft because that's when he makes his money mostly. Maybe you just miss his hair, but this is the way it goes every season.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He just seemed a lot higher profile, visibility wise, in the past few seasons to me. But yeah... I am missing that stylish Do of his :cool:

Psycho_X

Legend
Haven't heard that he has health problems before so not sure what is up with that. I've noticed a sharp decline in exposure for the Rams for me but I just figured it was because they aren't local anymore. There used to be a lot of shows and interviews with local sports shows here and would see him pop up a lot.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haven't heard that he has health problems before so not sure what is up with that. I've noticed a sharp decline in exposure for the Rams for me but I just figured it was because they aren't local anymore. There used to be a lot of shows and interviews with local sports shows here and would see him pop up a lot.

Exactly, the exposure just doesn't seem to be the same. Not trying to make something out of nothing, but it sure seems odd. Maybe like JackDRams said... he's a GM and not as visible. Maybe he was more visible his first 4 years and now is just relaxing into a more typical GM type, exposure wise.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The Rams are never local for me, but from the outside looking in, it seems typical. For me, it seems like he steps back during the season and is more visible during the offseason. Everything seems normal to me, but then again, I may not be the best resource for this lol.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Maybe his wife Kara Henderson is keeping him occupied. ;)

Kara_Henderson-nfl.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Yea, I was asking this a month or so ago...he's been strangely invisible lately. Even on Hard Knocks, he was is the background most of the time

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was at the Detroit game . I think he'll have a close eye on Sundays game . The Goff trade will make or break him .

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He's the GM. They typically aren't in the spotlight. This really hasn't been different compared to before. He's around more during free agency and the draft because that's when he makes his money mostly. Maybe you just miss his hair, but this is the way it goes every season.
I'm pretty sure, he's probably out scouting College players for next years Draft!! Hopefully a DE or two, a CB, and a bunch of O-Lineman!!(y);):cool:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He has to be scouting HARD being as he has so few picks to work with. This next draft is going to be his most difficult one so far.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He has to be scouting HARD being as he has so few picks to work with. This next draft is going to be his most difficult one so far.

That's what I was thinking too. He's neck deep in scouting right now. I believe we only have one pick (2nd) in the first three rounds so he's going to earn his money looking for diamonds in the rough.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Maybe Les is scouting for a new job, because if the Rams end up being disastrous this season there will be no room for two buffoons especially if Fisher ends up staying.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Les is consumed with scouting right now. As well he should be.

Any spare time away from scouting is probably spent with Demoff in preparing a list for new HC candidates to replace Fisher.

And then, of course, there's Kara. A definite upgrade over doing interviews. Lol.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
During the college season... Les is hands-on traveling all over doing his scouting/evals. He's a real hands-on GM.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Any spare time away from scouting is probably spent with Demoff in preparing a list for new HC candidates to replace Fisher.

Boy are you going to be disappointed with this assumption.......

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
rams have 8 picks next year. no idea what you are talking about.

No first and no guarantee that were getting a third back. The first 3 rounds are the easiest to scout, and we have 1 pick....

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Boy are you going to be disappointed with this assumption.......

Care to clarify, Ramlock?

Is it because you believe that Fisher will be extended?

Or that if Fisher walks, that Snead is a goner, as well?

Or is it something else?