Whats the word on Cortland

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Wasn't there a decision forthcoming right after the SB or am I mistaken

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm pretty sure his roster bonus was due something like 5 days after the super bowl. If true the cap savings would go from a prorated 7 mil to 4 million now if we cut him.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Everything has to be done by 4pm Eastern Time on 11th March. I wouldn't expect to hear too much before then.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This wait is scaring me. Hopefully Fisher is not too strongly connected to Finnigan. :unsure:

tonyl711

Starter
its time to part ways with him, unless he takes a serious pay cut. he is not a starter anymore, but would be a decent depth guy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Scott Wells is my first offseason cut.

I'm still a little shocked at how Finny's game appeared to drop off so quickly. He's only 30 yrs old,and before last season had only missed 3 games in 7 seasons. We could sure use him for another season if he can return to form.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Scott Wells is my first offseason cut.

I'm still a little shocked at how Finny's game appeared to drop off so quickly. He's only 30 yrs old,and before last season had only missed 3 games in 7 seasons. We could sure use him for another season if he can return to form.

Maybe his depth perception suffered from the orbital fracture? I read that you can get double vision with an orbital fracture. Who knows....

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Maybe his depth perception suffered from the orbital fracture? I read that you can get double vision with an orbital fracture. Who knows....
That could be a possible explanation for why WRs kept blowing by him. He thought they were several yards further away. :(

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He will be in horns next year. All the talk of cutting him, Dahl, and Wells came from these boards. They'll all be back and we're gonna pick Clowney, trade #13, and draft some othet studs. It's almost too easy to predict... B)

Rams don't make moves based off injury...

Then again Dahl was brought in by the last regiment.

Last edited:

EastRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He will be in horns next year. All the talk of cutting him, Dahl, and Wells came from these boards. They'll all be back and we're gonna pick Clowney, trade #13, and draft some othet studs. It's almost too easy to predict... B)

Actually Fisher doesn't tend to keep injury prone players. Seems I've read that more than once

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

One of my favorite Rams the last three yrs ....Harvey Dahl's time as a starting NFL OG is over. The best I can say about this 33 yr old warrior is he could be a back up to ORG/ORT @ the NFL vet minimum for teams who are in trouble with their OL. But that's only as a last ditch grab.

The Scott Wells situation needs to be played out fully until the last cuts before the regular season begins. If Jones & Barnes have good TC & pre season and the critical situation @ both OG posts have been upgraded & healthy then you can release Wells to reclaim the 4.5 million to be placed in the empty Ram cap bank. That cap $$ is needed more than Wells.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

If it went down like that, Clowney had better be the once in a lifetime guy everyone says he is to justify picking him #2 when we're already stocked at DE.

The allegation that he takes plays off is a huge red flag for me.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If it went down like that, Clowney had better be the once in a lifetime guy everyone says he is to justify picking him #2 when we're already stocked at DE.

The allegation that he takes plays off is a huge red flag for me.

Can't argue with that, bud.