What's More Important?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In my life, some of the greatest memories that I have about football, are GREAT former Rams. Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones, Fred Dryer, Jack Youngblood, Nolan Cromwell, Eric Dickerson, members of GSOT more recently. In these days of fantasy football and armchair GM's, I often hear "keeping one Great Player is not worth the cost".

I say that it is.

Soon, Aaron Donald will earn the largest contract for a defensive player, ever,. Hopefully, he will be a Ram for his entire career, no matter what the contract is (market price). I know some of you disagree, and take the view no DLineman is worth that cost. Thinking of the above players and the history of the Rams, they are as precious to me as the lone Super Bowl win. I am a historian, and if all of the great Rams left early in their careers..Like Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds, Kevin Greene, J. Bettis, London Fletcher. (they left either through trade or the greener pastures of a large 2nd contract, what an absolute shame that would be....Sure, we can't keep everyone. But you keep the transcendent players like Merlin Olsen, and like Aaron Donald.. Olsen went to 14 Pro Bowls in 15 years, and many other honors in a long career. The young ones deserve a memory like this about Aaron Donald, this generation's Merlin....I hope that Todd Gurley and Jared Goff are thought of in same way in a few years.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Donald still has some proving to do... But based on his trajectory, you don't let HOF caliber players leave after the first contract.

Sign him.

Enjoy the ride.