Whats gone wrong this year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Before I start I really don't want this thread to turn into a Fisher-hate thread, I really want this to try and be a constructive and positive thread, so if your answer is - "Get rid of Fisher." I'd really like to have reasoning behind it AND a positive solution.

Ok now that I've got that out of the way here are some questions I've got that are bugging me:
  1. What's happened to our stud RB and our running game? Should we be running it more and should we be mixing it up in the back field?
  2. Should Goff have started week 1, wether he was 100% ready or not?
  3. If he wasn't 100% ready, then why not? Could he not have been brought up to speed post-draft and through pre-season?
  4. Our D-line doesn't look as fearsome as last year, any thoughts?
  5. Was letting CB JJ an error?
  6. Our gameplan, I'm finding it hard to pin-point one, is it purely field positioning with our punts?
  7. Our O-line seems to have taken a step back from last year and I was hoping for a step forward with the cohesion, has it just been the juggling of players and positions due to injuries? Would you handle things differently?
  8. How can things be turned around?
  9. Kenny Britt, I think he's a FA after this season, I like what he brings and would like to keep him. What do you guys think?
  10. What's going to be our policy in the draft? What positions are worth looking at to upgrade?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
1. It's a combination of line, Gurley, and scheme. I noticed a few plays against NE they had a singleback formation with Gurley at least 6 yards behind the LOS, he gained one yard. If teams are going to gameplan and stack the box 6 yards is a long way to go, especially with a porous Oline. But yes, a switch up would be nice, the season is over there is no need in running Gurley into the ground.
2. I don't think so, but definitely earlier than when he did.
3. Our coaching staff has yet to actually develop an offensive player. Also Goff is learning to play an entirely different way.
4. It's not. The defensive backfield is worse, the Dline has taken a step back too. This D rarely gets a sack, or causes a turnover. It also doesn't help that the offense is worse.
5. It was, but so would paying him the money he got.
6. run-run-pass-punt. and on defense: stout on 1st and 2nd, then give up 3rd and 14.
7. The line in general has taken a step back. It might be due to injuries but everyone is playing poorly. I think a new oline coach would help, and find some talent at C and G through FA and the draft.
8. Goff takes a giant step up next season. The entire offense takes a giant step up next season. We upgrade talent on offense.
9. I would, for a good price. I like Britt, and thinks he contributes well, I know he blew in NE, but he's our best WR and at this point our only real offensive weapon.
10. In no particular order: C, G, WR ?, CB, LB, DE

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  1. What's happened to our stud RB and our running game? Should we be running it more and should we be mixing it up in the back field? D-coordinators knew that all they needed to do was stop Gurley and they would be successful. Boras rarely veered from the "ground and pound" plan and he seemed a step behind when he finally opened up the playbook. Also, the O-line and Gurley appeared to take a step backwards in their ability to execute.
  2. Should Goff have started week 1, wether he was 100% ready or not? I believe he should have. Especially the way the gameplans were designed the first 6 weeks. Think we would feel better about the record if Goff matured through the season.
  3. If he wasn't 100% ready, then why not? Could he not have been brought up to speed post-draft and through pre-season? The coaches could have simplified the playcalling. How many Gurley runs up the middle did the Rams run the first 6 weeks? Any QB could have executed those, which seemed like 40% of the offense.
  4. Our D-line doesn't look as fearsome as last year, any thoughts? Long and Hayes benefited from rotation. Quinn seems to be on the downward slope. The issues on D are more centered around CB and strong side LB
  5. Was letting CB JJ an error? Biggest FA loss in recent memory for the Rams. It was apparent in preseason (remeber the Sensabaugh plan) and in San Fransisco that CB was going to be an issue all season. Based on Gil Brants latest report on DB's, JJ has the lowest burn rate in the NFL. He is also a "playmaker"...those are hard to find. Rams f/o botched JJ badly from last seasons opportunity to lock him in and the use of the franchise tag. Why didnt Demoff re-up Tru early and then tag JJ??
  6. Our gameplan, I'm finding it hard to pin-point one, is it purely field positioning with our punts? Fisher ball is based on tight defense, low scoring contests that his team wins by controlling the clock and grinding out wins. Its terrible to watch, even when winning. Add in the fact that he hasnt won fuels the fans passion for a new direction.
  7. Our O-line seems to have taken a step back from last year and I was hoping for a step forward with the cohesion, has it just been the juggling of players and positions due to injuries? Would you handle things differently? Need some grizzled vets (Not Saffold) on the line. Too much youth
  8. How can things be turned around? Regime change with a proven coach. No other way to change the current path as the franchise is going in the wrong direction after 5 years of a rebuild.
  9. Kenny Britt, I think he's a FA after this season, I like what he brings and would like to keep him. What do you guys think? Kenny is a "nice" player. He not "special". For the right price, I would like for him to be our 2.
  10. What's going to be our policy in the draft? What positions are worth looking at to upgrade? BAP for EVERY pic. The Rams draft too much for need. Look at last year, every pic was offense other than a 6th rd LB. The year before, OL in mid rounds.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks @shovelpass

. It's a combination of line, Gurley, and scheme. I noticed a few plays against NE they had a singleback formation with Gurley at least 6 yards behind the LOS, he gained one yard. If teams are going to gameplan and stack the box 6 yards is a long way to go, especially with a porous Oline. But yes, a switch up would be nice, the season is over there is no need in running Gurley into the ground.
Good point about the season being over - why risk an injury to him, it would be nice to see the other guys contribute, if only to see who we keep on the roster for next season :)

When would you have started him? The reason I think WK 1 is, well why not? We knew what we had in Case, Goff could have ironed out the wrinkles in the first couple of weeks etc. He's apparently a smart guy, I'm sure he could have picked up the playbook. And if not, is that part of the problem, is it too complex?

3. Our coaching staff has yet to actually develop an offensive player. Also Goff is learning to play an entirely different way.
I'm with you on that one, something has to change - please! So did we draft the wrong guy??

4. It's not. The defensive backfield is worse, the Dline has taken a step back too. This D rarely gets a sack, or causes a turnover. It also doesn't help that the offense is worse.
I think if our D played like they did last year, this year. We'd have won more games. I know I keep banging on, but losing Long, Laurinitis and JJ in one off-season has hurt us pretty bad.

I guess, I just don't feel like we added anything to the position after losing him.

6. run-run-pass-punt. and on defense: stout on 1st and 2nd, then give up 3rd and 14.
LOL - funny, but oh so true!!

7. The line in general has taken a step back. It might be due to injuries but everyone is playing poorly. I think a new oline coach would help, and find some talent at C and G through FA and the draft.
Yes I think its time for new blood at the O-line coach position.

8. Goff takes a giant step up next season. The entire offense takes a giant step up next season. We upgrade talent on offense.
I think we need a new O-coaching team, our O is so lacklustre, it's painful to watch.

9. I would, for a good price. I like Britt, and thinks he contributes well, I know he blew in NE, but he's our best WR and at this point our only real offensive weapon.
I do hope he comes back. Everyone sucked in NE - we usually suck against NE. Anyone remember that game in London!

Unless a top-end WR falls to us, I'm not sure they'll go there. Do you think we could we pick up a Vet C via FA? I feel we need a vet presence along that line somewhere...

FRO

Legend
It's multiple things, but I'm going to single one area, the offensive line. The Rams have a great defensive line and a pretty average secondary. The dominating line is able to overcome that and make the entire defense better. On offense the line is pretty horrible. It limits Gurley, a guy who could really vault the offense from bad to mediocre by himself if given better run lanes. Britt has played well enough at WR. The QBs don't have time to throw, clean pockets, or good passing lanes. That makes it very tough considering the Rams have started a career backup and a rookie at QB. The failure to build the line has been the downfall of Fisher/Snead/Demoff. To me the biggest issue is they really waited until 2015 to real invest in the position in the draft. The line was horrible when they inherited the team. They could have done a much better job investing in the line.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thanks @JerseyRam1
  1. I'm worried about the fact that TG seems to take the incorrect option on occasion.
  2. Yes, I'm with that way of thinking, take this season as a 'developmental' year.
  3. Thats what confuses me, our early gameplan seemed simplified, and the coaches they were expanding the gameplan when Goff started - eh, come again??
  4. We need fresh blood on D
  5. Ouch - you had to mention Sensabaugh... you're right about the 'playmaker' tag - the guy had instincts.
  6. Surely to get Fisher-ball to be successful your D needs to be unstoppable AND have the ability to score turn over points.
  7. Yes, I mentioned above a vet C would be good, what happened to Garett Reynolds??
  8. Would you change the HC or the entire coaching staff?
  9. Kenny would be a solid 2, you're right he's not one of those 'special' WR's but they don't come around too often...
  10. Maybe you're right - I'd also like to see guys that are ready to contribute day 1 - not these 'projects' with great athletic ability...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It's multiple things, but I'm going to single one area, the offensive line. The Rams have a great defensive line and a pretty average secondary. The dominating line is able to overcome that and make the entire defense better. On offense the line is pretty horrible. It limits Gurley, a guy who could really vault the offense from bad to mediocre by himself if given better run lanes. Britt has played well enough at WR. The QBs don't have time to throw, clean pockets, or good passing lanes. That makes it very tough considering the Rams have started a career backup and a rookie at QB. The failure to build the line has been the downfall of Fisher/Snead/Demoff. To me the biggest issue is they really waited until 2015 to real invest in the position in the draft. The line was horrible when they inherited the team. They could have done a much better job investing in the line.

Are you happy with who they drafted in 2015 and is it a matter of fresh eyes at o-line coach level? Or would you re-invest again?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have to believe that moving from St. Louis to LA, OTA's in Oxnard, splitting TC from Irvine to Cal State Lutheran 50 miles away, being the youngest team in football and having a 53 man roster with the least amount of starting experience in the NFL had a lot to do with the Rams problems this year. No other NFL team had to go through that.

No way players and coaches could give 100% to football this offseason with the move. Its probably the main reason Fisher got an exstension.

I expected a 6-10, 7-9 season because of the move and all the distractions.

No more excuses next year. The move is done, TC is set at one location, Fisher has his "franchise" QB. If he's smart, he'll make some coaching changes this off season. After this season he should know the area's to work on and draft to.

And again, I have to wait another friggen year,but I get why Kroenke gave him the extension. Fisher doesn't have a winning season next year and Kroenke doesn't can him, I won't watch another Fisher led Ram game.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
  1. What's happened to our stud RB and our running game? Teams are focused on Gurley. Should we be running it more and should we be mixing it up in the back field? Absolutely, that's what worked last season. More Tavon in the backfield ... they payed for him.
  2. Should Goff have started week 1, wether he was 100% ready or not? Absolutely not.
  3. If he wasn't 100% ready, then why not? Because the rest of the team would have suffered, he would have developed bad habits, and the coaches would have been forced to make adjustments detrimental to the entire offense to suit him. Could he not have been brought up to speed post-draft and through pre-season? No, he just wasn't any good to start the season. I blame Fisher for a lot of things, but that isn't one of them.
  4. Our D-line doesn't look as fearsome as last year, any thoughts? Long is gone and Quinn isn't what he was. Hayes and Sims, really? They went with depth this year and they lost a lot in the secondary without replacing it. Defense functions as a team and they hurt for it, no surprise here.
  5. Was letting CB JJ an error? Without finding a suitable replacement, yes, big mistake. I'd have kept Jenkins over Tavon every day and twice on Sunday if it were an option.
  6. Our gameplan, I'm finding it hard to pin-point one, is it purely field positioning with our punts? You can't pinpoint one thing about anyone's offensive and defensive game plan. It's a complete system, and they have obviously written a season evolving (hopefully) book on it.
  7. Our O-line seems to have taken a step back from last year and I was hoping for a step forward with the cohesion, has it just been the juggling of players and positions due to injuries? No. Would you handle things differently? Power run block. They should have kept Cook until they knew they had something better. Dual threat options at tight end are a must when you want to rush this badly.
  8. How can things be turned around? Best they can do is make the best of a go forward plan, which includes making teams respect the passing game, because I'm pretty sure they're all in on that with Goff.
  9. Kenny Britt, I think he's a FA after this season, I like what he brings and would like to keep him. What do you guys think? I think they ought to keep him, but also look for a free agent. I knew he was a 49er, but I've always liked what Crabtree brings.
  10. What's going to be our policy in the draft? What positions are worth looking at to upgrade? As always, I'd play the opportunist, getting those players that I know a Fisher team can put to use immediately. No more long term projects. The biggest need on this team is at Corner. So I don't care if they can't find quality they like in the second round. Other than that, a good Defensive End that Fisher likes is something you jump on anywhere, Line Backer for depth and just because a really good LB would change what Williams can do dramatically, a really good dual threat Tight End would do more for the passing and blocking game than anyone can imagine, so that's something that I would take with a second round pick also. A true upgrade at center, I would also sacrifice a second pick for, not because Barnes is that awful but because an upgrade there would mean a huge upgrade for the entire offense. But be wary of the immediate upgrade warning at center, because Fisher would probably be less than likely to go with inexperience at both center and quarterback. Iteration for my call for a corner. I don't even care what round. I summary though, I plainly trust Fisher with defensive picks. His track record there is proven. Offensive picks not so much.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's happened to our stud RB and our running game? Should we be running it more and should we be mixing it up in the back field?

i just honestly think we are too predictable on offense line up in running formation and we run it up the gut for a light gain or a loss ...over and over again

Should Goff have started week 1, wether he was 100% ready or not?

i think he should have started sooner than if did if he wasnt going to start week one .. id have rather him take some lumps early on than holding a clipboard

If he wasn't 100% ready, then why not? Could he not have been brought up to speed post-draft and through pre-season?

it was fishers stubborness he was going with Case and therefore took starting reps from Jared

• Our D-line doesn't look as fearsome as last year, any thoughts?

i realize Long was on the downside of his career but losing him and thinking we would get the same production from Hayes in terms of pressures etc is a major reason our line isnt as good

Was letting CB JJ an error?

JJ was gone regardless he was always going to chase the money and go to a contender to boot and as much as he liability at times he made plays more often than not and i miss him

our gameplan, I'm finding it hard to pin-point one, is it purely field positioning with our punts?
its never changed ..Fisherball ... control the clock with the run game with a short passing game and win the feild posistion battle and let the D win it for you ....its conservative "mistake free" football

Our O-line seems to have taken a step back from last year and I was hoping for a step forward with the cohesion, has it just been the juggling of players and positions due to injuries? Would you handle things differently?

im no coach so have no idea but the o line for whatever reason isnt working its either the players or the scheme ..and considering minus garrett reynolds its the same group of players that helped Todd Gurley burst onto the scene last year... maybe the blocking scheme/assigments have changed

How can things be turned around?

open up the offense..seriously send em out in four wide sets and run out of that dont let them stack the box ..as creative and risk (gutsy) taking we are on special teams and defense at times ...lets get a little risky on Offense go for it on 4th inches ... take a chance throw some long ones who care if its a turnover ..dont be too priedictable and try something different ..oh and get HIGS involved in the pass game give him some damm seam routes

Kenny Britt, I think he's a FA after this season, I like what he brings and would like to keep him. What do you guys think?

i wouldnt mind if he stays or goes ..

What's going to be our policy in the draft? What positions are worth looking at to upgrade?

i think we need a pass rusher a CB or 2 and lots of oline .......and some WR if quick and britt go (depending on how coop/spruce/thomas and higs develop)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I have to believe that moving from St. Louis to LA, OTA's in Oxnard, splitting TC from Irvine to Cal State Lutheran 50 miles away, being the youngest team in football and having a 53 man roster with the least amount of starting experience in the NFL had a lot to do with the Rams problems this year. No other NFL team had to go through that.

No way players and coaches could give 100% to football this offseason with the move. Its probably the main reason Fisher got an exstension.

I expected a 6-10, 7-9 season because of the move and all the distractions.

No more excuses next year. The move is done, TC is set at one location, Fisher has his "franchise" QB. If he's smart, he'll make some coaching changes this off season. After this season he should know the area's to work on and draft to.

And again, I have to wait another friggen year,but I get why Kroenke gave him the extension. Fisher doesn't have a winning season next year and Kroenke doesn't can him, I won't watch another Fisher led Ram game.

I hope things are settled next year and that Goff really is the real deal... I think it's time to bring in fresh blood on the O-coaching roster - lets poach someone from another team, not from inside...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think this is the main issue this year (and other years).

Our offense isn't productive on a consistent basis. Why?

You simply can't be predictable.

How do you become unpredictable? By being able to execute on a fairly consistent basis in both the passing and running game.

How do you consistently execute in both the passing and running game? By overpowering your opponent in both pass and run blocking on a consistent basis (a combination of talent, coaching and scheme).

And, if you are being overpowered in one of those, you have to be able to make impactful adjustments.

But, if you are being overpowered in BOTH of those?

Well, you end up being dead last in offensive production and you wind up with a 4-7 record as this point.

The defense is not that bad. And, with more productivity from the offense, it would be better IMO.

Special teams are fine.

It's the offense and we all know it. And we know what is ailing the offense.

And, if we know it, so do opposing DCs.

In some ways, football is not very complicated. But identifying the problem and actually fixing it are two different things.

My main problem is... this problem has persisted longer than what I consider reasonable.

So... fire Fisher (kidding.. not kidding... kidding.. not kidding.. kidding)
:LOL:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Thanks @shovelpass

. It's a combination of line, Gurley, and scheme. I noticed a few plays against NE they had a singleback formation with Gurley at least 6 yards behind the LOS, he gained one yard. If teams are going to gameplan and stack the box 6 yards is a long way to go, especially with a porous Oline. But yes, a switch up would be nice, the season is over there is no need in running Gurley into the ground.
Good point about the season being over - why risk an injury to him, it would be nice to see the other guys contribute, if only to see who we keep on the roster for next season :)

When would you have started him? The reason I think WK 1 is, well why not? We knew what we had in Case, Goff could have ironed out the wrinkles in the first couple of weeks etc. He's apparently a smart guy, I'm sure he could have picked up the playbook. And if not, is that part of the problem, is it too complex?

I'm with you on that one, something has to change - please! So did we draft the wrong guy??

I think if our D played like they did last year, this year. We'd have won more games. I know I keep banging on, but losing Long, Laurinitis and JJ in one off-season has hurt us pretty bad.

I guess, I just don't feel like we added anything to the position after losing him.

LOL - funny, but oh so true!!

Yes I think its time for new blood at the O-line coach position.

I think we need a new O-coaching team, our O is so lacklustre, it's painful to watch.

I do hope he comes back. Everyone sucked in NE - we usually suck against NE. Anyone remember that game in London!

Unless a top-end WR falls to us, I'm not sure they'll go there. Do you think we could we pick up a Vet C via FA? I feel we need a vet presence along that line somewhere...
1. Yes, and I'm all for mixing it up. I would like to see more of Brown, he looked good in preseason. And I would also like to see other young guys play, Thomas, Higbee, Cooper, maybe even give Hemmingway a few snaps.

2. I would've started him after the bye, give him 2 more games of experience and it's an easier transition for the rest of the O. I think after seeing him during preseason he wasn't ready. I could see throwing him in day 1 and letting him learn as we go, but that could've also damaged him. Poor tendencies, weaken his pocket presence, etc. From what I've heard Wentz is starting to regress a little, poor mechanics and such. And so is Bortles. Maybe they were thrown in too early?

3. No. I think Goff is the right guy. He's shown talent and he is progressing. In preseason and game one he tended to eye down only one receiver right from the snap, in the NE game he actually made multiple looks. He still missed a few throws, but he's young and inexperienced. I think with a full offseason as the starter he'll take a big step up.

4. Totally. I think that losing those guys did hurt. Especially on the back end. Our coverage is terrible, and I think it's an issue of lack of talent and poor scheme/adjustments. I hate off coverage, but we've been burnt deep often. But on the other side, NE killed us with a lot of short passes and making defenders miss. Miami tried it also, but less effectively.

5. Oh definitely. It's tough because EJ isn't the same, but Sensabaugh was a bad signing, and Hill is not the answer.

10. I'm not a judge on talent, so I have no real insight to FA or draft as to whom. But yes, a vet on the line would be ideal, but not too old, we've been burned before on older known vets. And yeah, WR is a maybe, we have some young guys who could play, but we don't know. And that's one thing I would like us to do, work in those guys to see what we have.

I guess I'll throw out a question to you. What would you like to see from this team in the remaining 4 games?
I would like to see them win, especially against the NFCW, but more so I would like for them to work in younger guys, and to play around with the gameplan/play calling, scheme, etc. What they're doing now isn't working, and I don't see a change at OC or HC.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know the answer wasn't supposed to be Fisher - but I really think play design is at the core of our offensive woes. This scheme is garbage - it not only doesn't take advantage of our personnel, it is predictable, mundane, and doesn't create any leverage situations for our blockers.

We need new plays. Lots of them. And we need to stop running the old plays. Pretty much all of them.

FRO

Legend
Are you happy with who they drafted in 2015 and is it a matter of fresh eyes at o-line coach level? Or would you re-invest again?
I am not happy with who they've drafted. That being said with a weak draft and free agent market, the move is to get new offensive line coaching and hope they'll get more out of the talent. Bottom line is the current coach has done a horrible job of developing the talent.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only 4 games left before the ungodly long off season begins.
We'll have months to talk about what didn't go well.
Right now I'm looking forward to beating Atlanta, seeing Goff take the next step

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What gone wrong this year:thinking:.....going to be a long post would it not? I am going to stay away from the coaches stuff because most of us clearly know very well the most of all that went south with them. I'll just do defense today.
Defense:
DL-
The weak outside pass rush from the big three veteran DE's (Quinn/Sims & Hayes)help opponents double & sometimes triple up on Aaron Donald inside.

Rob Quinn has not been healthy much the last two seasons & has shown signs of early career wear down. His trending arrow has been bent far downward to the right with no signs of any resurrection. If Quinn remains a Ram in 2017 (very questionable due to his 11 mil cap hit) serious consideration must be made to his current fulltime role. Quinn has been totally MIA on right side run containment all season. His pass rush is a straight 15 yard drive by rush of the QB pocket is useless & unproductive(n) Rams have paid out over 28 million for only 9 sacks in 2 seasons 2015/2016. 2016 starter Quinn has only 10 tackles when compared to DL backups 4th DE Westbrooks has 11 tacks & our 4th DL Easley has 24 tackles. Rams other starting DE has 26 tackles. Quinn's main back up has 17 tacks.

Michael Brockers like Quinn has not been healthy this season. In previous yrs our NT Brockers has had 44 & 46 tackles. This season he has only 13. Blockers' back up NT Cam Thomas has a pitifully low 6 tacks. The NT position between them has permitted gapping inside runs not seen in several yrs.

DB-
EJ Gaines what can be said here other than a disastrous return after a being IR's in 2015. EJ's outside pass coverage may be the worst seen in many years if not for Coty Sensabaugh's early season performance.. An UDFA rookie Michael Jordan replaced EJ in the 2nd quarter last Sunday & Jordan played like an all pro after watching EJ's performance all season. If EJ can not return to some 2014 form he is nothing better than a back up Nickle or a 5th or 6th reserve corner @ best.

Coty Sensabaugh total fail mode UFA signing & cut in 2016. We were told that the plans for the Coty signing were to be our main back up to both outside corners & our Nickle. Coty was none of that. Rams have been working since his release to find his replacement....4 or 5 WWC's DB's have been signed trying to fill his position.

Trumaine Johnson is a #1 corner but his big play making abilities like his 7 INT's from last season has been MIA. He has 1 thus far. His overall tackles is trending much lower than last season too. The Rams might have to dig up & tear up contracts of other big Ram contract to find close to 60 million for a 4 yr contract @ 15 mil a yr to keep him here past this next 4 weeks. Johnson's 2016 season is not close to being on par with his 2015 season. But offenses did discover that his partners EJ Gaines/Sensabaugh on the other side was easy pickings for a ton of completions s too. Bottom line is his big play fountain is bone dry.

Mo Alexander is not starting deep/free safety material. Mo skills & talents would be much better used as an in the box strong safety. He has no feel of the game in the deep secondary & is void of play making ability in pass coverage. Many members here says give him time Mo's learning his trade but IMO it's wishful thinking & a total waste of valuable time.This experiment should be trash canned & flushed in 4 weeks. Mo should return to his last half 2015 season position @ starting SS in 2017.

Two 2016 big contracts that bother me currently:
#1-WR Tavon Austin to a 4 year, $42,000,000 contract. TA has a 15 mil. cap hit in 2017..:censored:
#2-LB Mark Barron signed a 5 year, $45,000,000 contract. Barron has a 11 mil. cap hit in 2017:unsure:

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
1. Yes, and I'm all for mixing it up. I would like to see more of Brown, he looked good in preseason. And I would also like to see other young guys play, Thomas, Higbee, Cooper, maybe even give Hemmingway a few snaps.

2. I would've started him after the bye, give him 2 more games of experience and it's an easier transition for the rest of the O. I think after seeing him during preseason he wasn't ready. I could see throwing him in day 1 and letting him learn as we go, but that could've also damaged him. Poor tendencies, weaken his pocket presence, etc. From what I've heard Wentz is starting to regress a little, poor mechanics and such. And so is Bortles. Maybe they were thrown in too early?

3. No. I think Goff is the right guy. He's shown talent and he is progressing. In preseason and game one he tended to eye down only one receiver right from the snap, in the NE game he actually made multiple looks. He still missed a few throws, but he's young and inexperienced. I think with a full offseason as the starter he'll take a big step up.

4. Totally. I think that losing those guys did hurt. Especially on the back end. Our coverage is terrible, and I think it's an issue of lack of talent and poor scheme/adjustments. I hate off coverage, but we've been burnt deep often. But on the other side, NE killed us with a lot of short passes and making defenders miss. Miami tried it also, but less effectively.

5. Oh definitely. It's tough because EJ isn't the same, but Sensabaugh was a bad signing, and Hill is not the answer.

10. I'm not a judge on talent, so I have no real insight to FA or draft as to whom. But yes, a vet on the line would be ideal, but not too old, we've been burned before on older known vets. And yeah, WR is a maybe, we have some young guys who could play, but we don't know. And that's one thing I would like us to do, work in those guys to see what we have.

I guess I'll throw out a question to you. What would you like to see from this team in the remaining 4 games?
I would like to see them win, especially against the NFCW, but more so I would like for them to work in younger guys, and to play around with the gameplan/play calling, scheme, etc. What they're doing now isn't working, and I don't see a change at OC or HC.

Good question. We all know the season is burnt this year, so I'd like us to be a little more aggressive on O. Be a bit more 'risky' with some plays. I'd like to see us utilise Tavon a bit more, see if he can 'earn' some of that cash. I want defences to think "What are they going to throw at us next!" We can do it on ST, why not on O?

Like you, I'd also like to see us put some of the younger WRs in on game day, see what they can offer, even if it's just to mix things up and to increase their trade value, if needed ;) and I'd like to see more of Brown at RB, I liked him pre-draft and I think he could have an increased contribution.

Basically I want to see the Rams TRY something different. I know Fisherball is a bland game, if it was working and we were winning games then great, but it's not. Mix it up baby, if we win then great, but if we don't, let us have played a damn good creative game!