Whats going on with Tre Mason? He could help alot next season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Does anyone know the latest on Tre Mason? Is he going to be suspended or will he get to play week 1?
I know a lot of people on here are hating on Tre right now because he made some dumb choices, I totally agree that he messed up and deserves criticism. On the other hand I think he and Cunningham and Gurley can be one of the top backfields in the league next year. He is great as a receiver and does have speed to take it to the house . Any ideas???

JC-3

UDFA
Name
JC-3
Does anyone know the latest on Tre Mason? Is he going to be suspended or will he get to play week 1?
I know a lot of people on here are hating on Tre right now because he made some dumb choices, I totally agree that he messed up and deserves criticism. On the other hand I think he and Cunningham and Gurley can be one of the top backfields in the league next year. He is great as a receiver and does have speed to take it to the house . Any ideas???

No idea on suspension, but he has some competition with Green coming into the mix. I feel like they drafted Aaron Green to push Tre out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No idea on suspension, but he has some competition with Green coming into the mix. I feel like they drafted Aaron Green to push Tre out.
I'm not so sure it was to push Tre Out. Probably just to add depth, in case Tre is suspended!!

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

I beg to differ. Green stays/turns away from contact. Was the reason why he was not drafted. Lacks toughness to be a NFL back. Its not going to happen.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Mason is a talented back. If you go watch his highlights as a rookie it is very evident, and he was pretty well regarded coming out of college too. Last year was filled with key injuries to a RB. The lack of production is/was understandable.

He can be a great compliment to Gurley and an excellent #2. If he gets his head on straight, based on what I saw in his rookie year, he could even start somewhere, even though he isn't a bell cow and would need another RB to share carries with.

If he doesn't smarten up.... he could be out of the league in a year. His talents are replaceable, as good as he is.

JC-3

UDFA
Name
JC-3
I beg to differ. Green stays/turns away from contact. Was the reason why he was not drafted. Lacks toughness to be a NFL back. Its not going to happen.

It COULD happen. Just BELIEVE! :D

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

Aaron Green is not an NFL running back. He just isn't. He avoids contact and doesn't have the frame to play in this League. Mason may make some dumb decisions but he's still a better football player than Green and it's not even close.

JC-3

UDFA
Name
JC-3
Aaron Green is not an NFL running back. He just isn't. He avoids contact and doesn't have the frame to play in this League. Mason may make some dumb decisions but he's still a better football player than Green and it's not even close.

Such conviction. We will see :)

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Tre Mason pleaded not guilty last month to misdemeanor charges of possession of marijuana, reckless driving, failure to register a motor vehicle and resisting arrest. At the very least the NFL will most likely hand down a suspension. One fact about him I did not know...His father, Vincent Mason, is a member of hip hop group De La Soul.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5x2NROm8tc

Damn I didn't know that, look at Prime dropping knowledge. Love De La Soul.

View: https://youtu.be/VhZEkWHove4

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Damn I didn't know that, look at Prime dropping knowledge. Love De La Soul.

View: https://youtu.be/VhZEkWHove4

That is pretty old news.
-- The thing that was so great about Tre Mason's rookie season, was the way he handled himself. He was all about football & wanting make a name for himself.
-- Last year he was a totally different player. There was a interview with him
& he had his brother there. He was like he is going to be a great RB to in the NFL. His bro was shaking his head.
--- His off season was a joke.He was not ready for 2015.
--- I heard an interview with Todd Gurley who was saying how Bennie & him are encouraging each other during games.If not for Bennie The Rams don't win home opener.
-- I am so very very disappointed in Tre Mason & Stedman Bailey for how they elected to go the wrong direction.What talent wasted..
Tre Mason can continue on his Rappiing career. It looks like that is more important to him than football.Just a shame.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
That is pretty old news.
-- The thing that was so great about Tre Mason's rookie season, was the way he handled himself. He was all about football & wanting make a name for himself.
-- Last year he was a totally different player. There was a interview with him
& he had his brother there. He was like he is going to be a great RB to in the NFL. His bro was shaking his head.
--- His off season was a joke.He was not ready for 2015.
--- I heard an interview with Todd Gurley who was saying how Bennie & him are encouraging each other during games.If not for Bennie The Rams don't win home opener.
-- I am so very very disappointed in Tre Mason & Stedman Bailey for how they elected to go the wrong direction.What talent wasted..
Tre Mason can continue on his Rappiing career. It looks like that is more important to him than football.Just a shame.

Not sure I follow. In what way did Stedman "elect" to go in the wrong direction?

I like Tre Mason and I really hope he gets healthy and gets his act together because I think he can still contribute in a big way.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Getting suspended for substance abuse doesn't qualify as electing to go in the wrong direction?

I'd forgotten about the substance abuse since he got shot in the head. That's why I asked for clarification of what was meant by that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Smoking the lettuce. Didn't he get busted twice ?? First season Stedman was my favorite player.He played special teams a was pushing Isah Pead who I think got suspended as well.He was inspiring.Pead was on track,but messed up his knee.Stedman got busted failing a drug test.
Stedman came back last season & was playing ok.He actually Was a team leader on special teams again.
----My Thinking Which I'm not sure about is he knew he failed his drug test during his final game ever as a Ram.The Bears game I could tell his head was not in the game.The Rams team was messes up because of injuries as well.I've never seen S.Bailey drop a pass like he did that game.He got suspened that Tuesday. Inquestionnwhennthat test was down ????? The Rams season was over at that point. Stedman was a difference maker in the locker room as well.--Had a picture of him from Oxnard.. Still a great young man who made a bad choice.
---Where did Stedman Bailey get shot ??? Should he have been in Florida ??? My point being he should have been on The Rams team,not away from them.He made that choice to smoke weed during the season while on a hot list.He didn't learn from his first time either & his actions were not best for TEAM. It was a me decision.
---Tre Mason was so inspired in 2015 it was a joke.That Bears game his fumble helped change all momentum of the game.
-- The Rams gave Tre Mason a chance by electing to sit Todd Gurley against SF Ninerss. He fumbled in that game as well. Which changed the game.It out extra pressure on the offense.
--2014 season Tre Mason ran with power coming out of Auburn. In first contact he still gained yards.He showed strength running through holes.
2016 Where was Tre Mason ??? Played very uninspired football.He did not even flash.His work ethic has(had) changed. In Oxnard I show wanted to see him.It was weird how The Rams coaches,or staff was with him.Looking back such a bad vibe.Seemed like a trust issue.His mind was not in a good place,watching him get on the bus.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Any ideas???
1574195.jpg

Malcolm Brown

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tre Mason might have finally taken the golden blond look out of his hair.Would show he might be a little more serious.

--What has Zach Stacy done lately ?? Tre not much better,but Stacy has no real upside.
Enjoy some good music this summer.I think De la soul was at bottle neck last year.