What's everyones thoughts on Keenan Allen?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Username said:
Just curious.
I haven't seen very much tape on him... I think my brain is automatically accepting the fact that we will draft T. Austin. :lol:

paceram

Pro Bowler
Username said:
Just curious.

My biggest concern about Allen is his health. He may end up being the best WR in the Draft but with all the injuries the Rams have dealt with the past few years I don't know if they want to draft players with recent health issues. But, if he can prove to the Rams that he is healthy he would probably be a good choice but I still like Austin and Patterson better. I will admit that I have not seen much of Allen but I get the feeling that he is not really flashy but he gets the job done!

A55VA6

Legend
I'm not too high on him to be honest. I'll have to watch more tape, but I don't want to use a first rounder on him.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I heard he cant run but just makes plays! I nvr seen him play tho... Just what i heard

A55VA6

Legend
He's just not as explosive as other WR's in the draft. That's one reason why he's rated alot lower for me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know some are high on him. I have watched him in a few games this year and last. The one problem with this year especially is that the QB play at Cal sucked out loud. Pretty hard to assess where he is in relation to other WRs. My initial thought is that he would be a reach even with our 2nd round pick if healthy. He tends to be a body catcher and is not all that fast - nor is he really all that elusive.

Add to all this the problem that he missed the last several games of the season with an injury that is not being spoken about much but apparently flared up again to the point where he couldn't work out at the combine AND he couldn't work out at the Cal pro day. To me that says maybe take a flyer on him if he is still around come 5th or 6th round.

His talent is not something that jumps out and says he is worth any kind of big risk. Take Denario for example. DA had unreal talent but serious injury concerns. I think he was way more worth the risk than Allen and he didn't even get drafted. Allen IMO has decent - not great - talent and a real mystery as far as his health.

Personally - I'd pass.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Nagging PCL still recovering... personally do not see an overall skill set that separates him from the 'top 5'. Qb issues or not @ Cal. Reminds me of Lavelle Hawkins/Jonathan Baldwin..JMO.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Not all that impressed really clone of Hawkins and hawk cant even get play time on the titans dismal wr core

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
My analysis of K.Allen

-Good NFL body with good size and solid speed.

-Very good at attacking the ball in the air

-Very good ability at yards after catch

-Could be a solid Punt Returner in the pros

-Ability to play both the flanker and slot

Allen is pretty polished in route running, though he did not show to be much of a deep route runner in college, part of this is because scheme and bad Quarterback play. I would not say Allen will be burning CBs on fly routes, but I think he has the ability to run more deeper patterns than he did in college.

Allen is not my first choice at WR, but he is a guy I would be OK with us taking in round 1...If so, preferably #22.

Solid prospect.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I've seen him play a lot of games. I'm not the biggest fan to where I wouldn't want to draft him.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
To me he is just kind of.... Blah

Kinda like AJ Jenkins was for me last year. Nothing really special. He'll likely be a average to good NFL WR, but not the type of WR you want to spend a 1st round pick on unless you are in a position of luxury.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
hes solid, if he lands on a team with a solid QB he will be scary.

we all know CAL didnt have the best QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
biggame1190 said:
My analysis of K.Allen

-Good NFL body with good size and solid speed.

-Very good at attacking the ball in the air

-Very good ability at yards after catch

-Could be a solid Punt Returner in the pros

-Ability to play both the flanker and slot

Allen is pretty polished in route running, though he did not show to be much of a deep route runner in college, part of this is because scheme and bad Quarterback play. I would not say Allen will be burning CBs on fly routes, but I think he has the ability to run more deeper patterns than he did in college.

Allen is not my first choice at WR, but he is a guy I would be OK with us taking in round 1...If so, preferably #22.

Solid prospect.

Co sign.

Guys that can run routes can get open. Issac Bruce... Etc.

I am a big Allen fan.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Devanny WR. Enough said.

To take him in the 1st would be a sin.
Maybe in 2nd if no one else is left. Prefer in the 3rd.