What's Everyone's Current Thoughts On Fisher And Snead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
At least the Rams were smart enough to not waste a pick on Johnny Vegas.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Like Snead.
Do not like Fisher. He kept an inept OC the Rams would still have if he had not left. He won't start players that should be starting unless he has no choice Donald, Bailey, Stacy, and never plays some who should have started Keenum, Gilbert, Pead.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nuggets fired their coach... Kroenke isn't afraid to pull the trigger if he feels like it.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Snead: he has built a scouting staff that works well together and meshes with the coaching staff. His late round finds and UFAs indicate the staff is deep and well trusted. My only gripe is the track record on Pro Free Agents. Wells, Joseph, Carrington, Finnegan, Steve Smith, Dunbar, and Jake Long were all underwhelming although largely due to injury. On the plus side, Hayes, Cook, Hill, Britt, and Langford have provided solid if unspectacular returns. Clearly, Snead's strength is the draft.

Fisher: I appreciate the stability and toughness he brings to the club. He doesn't overreact and sticks to his philosophy (sometimes a tad too long). The organization functions well together (a rarity since Vermeil). His patience seems on the verge of paying off. He has established a nice young core/foundation of talent that I've yet see give up on a season though the record looks otherwise.
My gripe with him is a lack of offensive innovation. He sticks with tried and true formulas. To be fair, his one foray into a wide open attack was rightly reigned in the 2013 season and the ground/play action offensive identity was derailed by the loss of Bradford. But even so, his OC was never the most creative guy in the building. But I will withhold final judgment on this matter if I ever see a healthy OLine and Bradford.
I am feeling kinda the same. I don't want an "Air Martz" attack .... I am more old school and like a power running game ... but that said, we could open things up more.

Where I do have a problem is how they handle the OL situation. Too many "bargains" that don't turn out to be such bargains. Yet he will go all out on the Defense. So ... I guess I wish he (Fisher) would worry more about his Offense and not just band-aide it. And ... at times ... he seems to be a bit "too loyal" to some guys. I think he needs to have a better backup plan for areas of the team that are "questionable"

Other than that ... I like 'em both.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd do a threesome with them.... right now.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Snead is top notch at drafting talent. Fisher is the kind of head coach you want when playing against the NFC West teams. I also enjoy how competitive our team is now compared to that 5 year span of pure crap.

Other then that, I'd like to see what they both can do with a healthy Sam Bradford for an entire year. If they really believe in him and say he is as good as he appears to be (which I still have faith from the flashes he showed last preseason), then they better be prepared for whatever the outcome is. If it's another .500 or less season, then I think we should move on from Fisher.