What's Everyone's Current Thoughts On Fisher And Snead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fisher is one of my favorite personalities in all of sports. I think he took on a very tough job and has done it the right way. Hasn't had any help in the luck department but that will most likely change for the better.

Snead is doing a great job so far IMO, now I want to see how he does without the RG3 stockpile.

If I was forced to give them a grade it would be an even "B".

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I think both Fisher and Snead are doing a fine job....
until we lose the last three games of the season that would have made us a winning team in the first time in ages

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I am not a Fisher guy. At some point you are what your record says you are. 20 years is a big enough sample to make some conclusions about him. I really like Snead, I appreciate a guy that is not afraid to stick it out there.

I think this next season will be the judge though. This organization is teeming with talent. If they can't turn the corner in year 4, it just isn't going to happen IMO.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Fisher-biggest complaint the same as a lot of folks. The excessive penalties and undisciplined play undermine a lot of the good coaching he does-and in my opinion those things (penalties and undisciplined play) are coaching issues. On the other hand he has the required patience with younger players to allow them to develop.

Snead-I don't really know what his role is in player procurement. I suspect he does a lot of the heavy lifting and Fisher has the final say. Either way fa acquisitions have been less than disappointing D+. His draft grade is still incomplete. If/when Tavon and Joyner develop will go a long way in determining a grade. Pead is his only real apparent bust but Quick and Jenkins need to pick it up. I like these players and the grade is still incomplete. It will be clearer by the end of this season.

Better luck especially with the health of the qb and Lt would have really helped the public perception of both of these guys. Until you have lived thru bad coaching and player evaluation teams you don't know what that really is, and we have lived thru it around here since Vermeil left. These guys are better than average and I hope that this is the year that we have better health in key positions and these second and third year players reach their potential. That coupled with a solid draft and a couple solid fa aquistions would move them into the b+ or A- range.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think they have done a fine job of rebuilding the worst POS franchise in sports history. And expect for bad luck with Bradford this team would have been in the playoffs the last two years. The offense has not performed as well as a Madden football fantasy but again attribute the lack of production to rebuilding and Bradford's injuries. I'm looking forward to a few years of playoff football and this team becoming a perennial playoff contender. It's our freaking turn.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm lukewarm on them. I know we we deficient of talent when they took over. And its better now. But I don't have much faith in a winning season under them. I guess 6 or 7 wins is better than 2 or 3, but I'd sure like to see a playoff season once in a while. Not sure we can accomplish that under Snisher.

I'm hoping we can because we can easily go back to 2 or 3 wins if we change regimes. But we can also be a winning team with the right coach and GM.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
That so much of the team's record has hinged upon one player always makes you question things. But that we have been a "solid" team and won a few w/ our backup QBs speaks very loudly about the jobs that both Fisher and Snead has done. As they love to point out, it's hard to win consistently in this league and trying to do it w/ a younger team makes the road a bit tougher. But the projection of this team once everything (QB, maturity, etc) falls in place gives even the most fence riding fan a glimmer of hope......(No I'm not talking about the Doom and gloomers........they would hate Aaron Rodgers throwing to Megatron and handing off to Peterson......).
Just my 2 cents.

Athos

Legend
The only thought I have left is:

"Convince you actually know what you're doing with this team."

That means.......win.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder how much power Snead has as oped to fisher. I think fisher is a great coach but Snead should be the guy doing everything else, which doesn't seem to be the case. My only big harp on fisher is that he tried to turn lemons into lemonade instead of just buying lemonade. I hope he finally gives us either an elite playmaker (cooper, white, beckham in round 2) or a masterful oline. If we keep putting on average offensive linemen, we will always be average as a team. I'm okay with quick Britt Austin and bailey as long as our line is elite

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The biggest thing that has begun to bother me as I watch the games is the seemingly complete lack of ability to change the game plan at halftime.
This has bothered me too, but I blame an OC that was in over-his-head for that!

I like Snead, I think he's a good talent evaluator.

the progress and what we've been able to do with an absentee QB is undeniable.
These are excellent points!!

what we had during Frontiere's crappy management.
This was the "Low Bar" in Rams History and I've pretty much seen it all!!

Av8R

UDFA
I will admit that I did not like Fisher when he was the Titans coach. So I wasn't thrilled when we hired him however I respected the coach that he is. He has now won me over for not only what he does on the field but off the field through charity and such.

Now as for the job he has done, I like what he has done so far. Let's face it, he took over a very bad team from top to bottom excluding a few core players. I think we all expected more by season 3 but injuries and things happen. The bigger picture is we are a team that is more competitive and unpredictable. I wish we would do better with FA signings and feel like sometimes we rely on that too much and it ends up biting us in the a$$. Snead has shown to have a pretty good eye for talent and trusts his scouts. We have had some misses for sure but since he has taken over our overall drafts have improved. I just wish he would do a better job with secondary role players. Seems like we have a lot of guys that practice well but then come game time, they look or play lost. Just my opinion of course.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they both know more about football than any of us ever will. I think Snead has proven himself competent, and Fisher had proven himself competent with the Titans.

People want to complain about the penalties, I get it. But without them, we're not looking at nearly as tough a team.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Is he what you expected when the Rams hired him?
-Do you think he's the long term answer? (Fisher)

He's exactly what I expected - a coach who would get us up to the .500 level. This next quote says it best about his long-term status.

However I also feel he's a bit of a "bridge" coach, and another coach capable of getting the most of the players will be needed to win championships.

The biggest thing that has begun to bother me as I watch the games is the seemingly complete lack of ability to change the game plan at halftime.

That and the continual boneheaded penalties game after game.

This team was a complete mess when they showed up. People talk about quick turnarounds on other teams but the Rams were really bad in comparison to most so that isn't fair.

It's tough to evaluate a head coach and GM when Linehan/Spags is the comparison. After them anyone would have looked like an improvement. Had Fisher/Snead immediately been hired after the Vermeil regime, this conversation might not have been so kind.

Snead is also tough to evaluate because he had a bounty of picks to play with. I would say that he's done well but again in comparison to the knucklehead "talent evaluators" that came before him.

It is my opinion that both Snead and Fisher should be given the full five years to see if they can implement their plan and get us up to playoff level.

Simba

Rookie
They did a great job!If we look at the roster, we have great players coming from their choices.In a terrible division, with every season a terrible schedule, with a terrible roster faced, they have made us grow day after day. Just one thing I rebuke them.The last year Bradford's affaire. With a player coming from a difficult injury, they had to choose a qb starter with great attitude e starter story, not Hill (good qb and good man, but not a qb for a season), because that was and this is the right moment to win. And without a qb, it's little bit hard ...
I don't known if they are going to do the same mistake now. Bradford cannot play a season with his knee so weak.I am sorry, but a lot of a future opinions about theme, will come from choice of our next Qb.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think they're easily two of the best team builders in the NFL. What they've created here is nothing short of remarkable. They've built a a Super Bowl caliber team in just a few years, they just need that one piece.

That being said, we don't know if they're winners. They need to start winning. You can't build a team such as this and not finish the job.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I really like them. They're certainly not perfect, but who is?

Two things that bug me about Fisher though:

1) The historically slow starts of his teams.
2) The penalties.

Right now, I'm willing to take those to a degree given the stability and competitiveness that he's instilled in the team on a week to week basis. Still, I marvel that they can't be cleaned up more than they currently are.

I think Sneads hit rate in the draft is about as good as you can get (reasonably) and would be happy if we keep up with what we're doing. I don't know that I love what they've done in FA but that is quite a different beast.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
To those worried aabout penalties, lemme ask you this:

How many were warranted, how many were bullshit, and how many were based off judgement calls?

Also, of those that were warranted, how many were those due to rookies being rookies, mostly on STs? If you look at the sum total of penalties, of course it's gonna look bad. I personally don't think it's as big a issue as others make it out to be.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
To those worried aabout penalties, lemme ask you this:

How many were warranted, how many were bullcrap, and how many were based off judgement calls?

Also, of those that were warranted, how many were those due to rookies being rookies, mostly on STs? If you look at the sum total of penalties, of course it's gonna look bad. I personally don't think it's as big a issue as others make it out to be.

I'm more worried about the 15 yarders. Yeah, some of them were very questionable but we've been one of the most penalized teams the last two years.
That shouldn't happen even with bad calls. Personal fouls that are stupid are what I don't like.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
They're both shit we need to fire them and pick up some real talent evaluators and game managers...

upload_2015-3-2_12-26-43.jpeg
upload_2015-3-2_12-27-48.jpeg

<3