What's best? Grass or Turf ..?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I still enjoy playing football on turf. (Yeah and I'm 47 years old) I'm referring to the long blades of fake grass kind of turf, NOT that stupid carpet style from the early 2000's.

I really don't know why EVERY pro football team does not have the highest quality "grass blade" turf in their stadiums, and just quit with the slippery, muddy, "slows the game down" natural grass.

Your opinion?

What do you prefer the NFL to play on?
What do you like to play on yourself, when you play? (whether its tackle or flag)

Brian

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
"This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 'football' on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus belt that night on this stuff.” (y)

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I think grass is better for joints but it it requires more maintenance.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Grass, in the rain, or snow, out side. It's the way the game is at it's best! Besides that, IF it was good enough for these guys, it's good enough for Me!:D
130604111423-deacon-jones-merlin-olsen-079009811-single-image-cut.jpg

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I prefer an outdoor stadium with natural grass. Problem is, it depends on where the stadium is. You've seen how crappy a natural grass field can get in cold weather cities come December and January, and have seen injuries occur because of it (Washington). But if you're down south or California, I'll take natural grass every time! The worst in my opinion is what we have, indoor on fake grass!

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow I must confess I'm shocked at how overwhelming the votes for natural grass is. I strongly prefer high quality turf. No slipping. No dirt sections. Very clean visible white lines...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 'football' on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus belt that night on this stuff.” (y)
"Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Grass is better, more natural.