What's all this talk about giving up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We all need to calm down. It's been a tough week(season,decade). THINK before you post...and be cool to each other. If you can't be cool then step away from the keyboard and go mow the lawn or something. Stand in front of a mirror and watch a De Niro movie.
200.gif

Rambition

Rookie
It's like we're all on the Titanic and the band is striking up Auld Lang Syne in the background. We all see the massive iceberg up ahead. Some of us are putting on our life jackets and looking to the captain and his mates to steer clear of impending disaster while others are screaming "We're all going to die!" and running into each other.
while some of us are partying like it's 1999...ready to chop up that iceberg and cool our favorite beverages with it...
1VyVxSc.gif

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Name calling isn't gonna get you anywhere .
Telling me I would take it and "like it" isn't bully verbiage ?

As far as reserving "the right" in all your time posting you've never discovered that posting is a privilege ? really ?

Now as far as the "post count " goes ,where did I conjure that?

You replied to my expression of dismay with the repetitive negativity , in quite a negative fashion, you made the case against yourself.
Yes I have spent some money supporting the team this year ,I have 4 tickets to this Sundays game club level seats ,$32o + per seat , I gave three of them to the top three donors to my team in the Luekemia Lymphoma "Light the Night Walk" at Forest Park in September. My teams name :" Rich and Laurens Half Fast Walkn' Club" you can look us up on the web . Oh and we have on field passes as well ,I'll relay to the coaches your confidence in them.
NOW could you tell me why it matters if I spent money ? I'd really like to know what thought process engendered that question.

Give yourself a pat on the back you cool guy. Did you donate to breast cancer awareness as well? Do the ice bucket challenge? Need to promote yourself anymore you humanitarian? Hey Sheriff once you find a stump to get off that high horse..... Sorry, I'm being a bully....I'll stop.:doh:

Do you hear yourself? You rail at TD for attacking you, then dismiss all the optimists as "homers." Give reality a rest. PLEASE.

Oh yes! The Rams have been the worst they've ever been over the last decade. Fact is, the Rams have been competitive 4 straight games. Give credit where credit is due.
I don't hear myself I'm typing and reading....
Oh btw yes we are so far ahead of the Spags era of Rams aren't we? 1-4. We are making progress! :jerkoff:
Hope you have a doctor for that whip lash your going to get from ascending to the top team of the NFL.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't directing my response to you personally but to the homers who don't realize what a suck job we've done this season. I myself am a constant upbeat and positive Ram fan over my fandom (ex. Give slags more time! Fml! Lol) and can't say I've ever been this down since SB36. The reason I'm not on those other websites is the negativity, which I'm not trying to be ' that person here' but trying to be realistic, our coaching is horrible.
Since I am a homer and you used my quote in your original response. I naturally assumed. (always a mistake) That your post was directed at me.
Glad to know your not "that person here".

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think I understand what many of the posters are saying. I mean think about it, we've been told every single year, that this is the year that they turn it around. This has been going on for 10 years. I've been optimistic for 10 years. It actually felt like this year we had a reason to be optimistic. But look what happened. I'm not saying this year is over, but the fact is if we lose to the Seahawks the chances that we even compete for a playoff spot are over. All of the national critics who bashed the Rams we laughed at or got angry at, but they're the ones with the last word. It feels like every year we've been lied to. Now I understand that we actually have not been lied to. I realize that no one guaranteed we'd be good this year, but it will be very difficult for me to remain optimistic for the rest of the season. What kills me, is that in the offseason, I'll be drinking the kool aid. I'll believe this is the year that they turn it around, and then they won't. And then I'll be disappointed, angry, and frankly depressed.

"Oh, I say and I say it again, ya been had! Ya been took! Ya been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok!"

original.png

Some of you don't live in Patriots land like I do. It freakin sucks huge to support this team here. All I get is criticized or laughed at, every single Monday. I'm really getting angry just thinking about this. I'm tired of taking abuse by my coworkers. I'm tired of seeing them lose and see douche bag national reporters laugh at this team. I'm tired no one even caring how the Rams keep getting screwed by the refs. So, yes, I totally understand what some of our Rams brothers feel.

But then it'll make it that much sweeter when we do finally win

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Give yourself a pat on the back you cool guy. Did you donate to breast cancer awareness as well? Do the ice bucket challenge? Need to promote yourself anymore you humanitarian? Hey Sheriff once you find a stump to get off that high horse..... Sorry, I'm being a bully....I'll stop.:doh:

Oh btw yes we are so far ahead of the Spags era of Rams aren't we? 1-4. We are making progress! :jerkoff:
Hope you have a doctor for that whip lash your going to get from ascending to the top team of the NFL.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Some of you don't live in Patriots land like I do. It freakin sucks huge to support this team here. All I get is criticized or laughed at, every single Monday. I'm really getting angry just thinking about this. I'm tired of taking abuse by my coworkers. I'm tired of seeing them lose and see douche bag national reporters laugh at this team. I'm tired no one even caring how the Rams keep getting screwed by the refs. So, yes, I totally understand what some of our Rams brothers feel.

But then it'll make it that much sweeter when we do finally win
Some of us do live in Patriots land - work on Boylston St., live in Norwood. Although I'll say my local friends are pretty cool about how the Rams have sucked this year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

It's unfortunate we no longer have the 'Inappropreate' app here at ROD!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

In order ,yes ,to breast cancer ,no to the ice bucket challenge, my wife has , guess no one has seen fit to challenge me , might be because I am a Leukemia patient ,so BTW is Lauren , we went through treatment together last winter at BJC and decided to form a team to help with the research and do something to pay back those who have literally GONE before us and who's sacrifice have helped keep us alive . One of my goals has been to see this season play out no matter how and NOT to form a pity party if it didn't turn out to my liking ,sort of like a fat girl at the prom I'm" just happy to be here".(y)

I've been reluctant to disclose that to the whole board for personal reasons but discovered about a month ago that my status comment in my profile had put it out there ,I thought I was responding to a PM ,so not only am I not the sherriff ,I'm not a rocket surgeon either . I received a bone marrow transplant April 16 and just got the results of my "six month" biopsy indicating no Leukemia and 100% graft so with that news I am less reluctant for it to be general knowledge . If those results stand for five years they will call me cured.

I'd liken myself though to Floyd the barber, IOW I do talk frequently to the sherriff,but am prone to giving short haircuts so knowing that I have avoided being an official given that introspection.
The other person you decided to be snarky with in that post is however a deputy emeritus and I'm sure if you keep up the name calling and the best way out of a hole is to keep digging ethos the sherriff will take note of your efforts. Have a good day Rammer .

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I think I understand what many of the posters are saying. I mean think about it, we've been told every single year, that this is the year that they turn it around.

Isn't this what every fan is told about his team every preseason? It would crack me up if a team's organization told the fans "We are probably going to suck again this season just like we did the previous ten seasons but come out and support us anyway."

Some of you don't live in Patriots land like I do. It freakin sucks huge to support this team here. All I get is criticized or laughed at, every single Monday. I'm really getting angry just thinking about this. I'm tired of taking abuse by my coworkers.

Try living in 49er country during the Montana-Bill Walsh years. 4 Super Bowl wins. And that was at a time when the Rams were still in LA and were the 49ers top rival. I feel your pain believe me. Yes, this season has been disappointing once again but that doesn't mean I'll be joining the ...

15eaj5i.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WOW

And no it is NOT. Fisher isn't going to let them.

Unfortunately, it's not up to Fisher.

If they want to quit, there's little he can do (reasonably... yeah, he could bench everyone.. but you know what I mean).

I'll tune in Sunday. Haven't missed a game all year.

But I "adjusted" my expecatations a while back.

If they win, I am pleasantly surprised and happy.

If they lose, I kind of expected it and begin making dinner. Always look forward to Sunday dinner. Try to make something special that day. Collecting recipes and cooking is one of my hobbies.

Sad outlook, I know. But this is what they've done to me. :eek:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do my best to be optimistic during the off-season but it gets harder and harder during the season as the losses rack up.

Imagine how much harder it is after 46 years!
:(

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's unfortunate we no longer have the 'Inappropreate' app here at ROD!
There is still the report option.

I'm using it a lot lately, but that's only because there seems to be an upswing of people signing up and posting advertising spam.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

I'm using it a lot lately, but that's only because there seems to be an upswing of people signing up and posting advertising spam.

Which I haven't used and doubt I need to Prime is on the job

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I realize you're upset (as am I), but I'm going to strongly advise you to knock it off now. I don't wanna hear your side of the story, and I don't need a refresher course on the rules. Just put the clamps on this nonsense and move on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In order ,yes ,to breast cancer ,no to the ice bucket challenge, my wife has , guess no one has seen fit to challenge me , might be because I am a Leukemia patient ,so BTW is Lauren , we went through treatment together last winter at BJC and decided to form a team to help with the research and do something to pay back those who have literally GONE before us and who's sacrifice have helped keep us alive . One of my goals has been to see this season play out no matter how and NOT to form a pity party if it didn't turn out to my liking ,sort of like a fat girl at the prom I'm" just happy to be here".(y)

I've been reluctant to disclose that to the whole board for personal reasons but discovered about a month ago that my status comment in my profile had put it out there ,I thought I was responding to a PM ,so not only am I not the sherriff ,I'm not a rocket surgeon either . I received a bone marrow transplant April 16 and just got the results of my "six month" biopsy indicating no Leukemia and 100% graft so with that news I am less reluctant for it to be general knowledge . If those results stand for five years they will call me cured.

I'd liken myself though to Floyd the barber, IOW I do talk frequently to the sherriff,but am prone to giving short haircuts so knowing that I have avoided being an official given that introspection.
The other person you decided to be snarky with in that post is however a deputy emeritus and I'm sure if you keep up the name calling and the best way out of a hole is to keep digging ethos the sherriff will take note of your efforts. Have a good day Rammer .
I've read your posts for quite awhile now and have always held your opinion in high respect. This post is just another example of why I think you're a pretty awesome guy. Thanks for the reminders that there is life outside this cyberspace, and that its ok to disagree, just play in the sand box fair.
Good on ya Thor

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I've read your posts for quite awhile now and have always held your opinion in high respect. This post is just another example of why I think you're a pretty awesome guy. Thanks for the reminders that there is life outside this cyberspace, and that its ok to disagree, just play in the sand box fair.
Good on ya Thor
Thanks dieter,the feeling is mutual, I wish everyone here could meet Lauren, she's 18 and just beginning life ,her smile is omnipresent and the pediatric treatment she is undergoing is so rigorous ,spinal taps on a regular basis round after round of chemo,I only had to endure 5 or 6 I forget,she's probably somewhere near a dozen, but the smile and good cheer is still always there . Her dad was my top donor and was supposed to go to the game with me but he has to work and has used all his sick days taking her to BJC for treatments.
The four of us will be wearing the official R&L t shirts to the game they are orange and like I said we have pregame field passes , I got an Aaron Donald game jersey as well that is autographed ,so I sent him, Fisher , Snead (I think,chemo brain is a real phenomenon) and Patty Shultz who works in the front office and is my contact t shirts so they will see us coming . I was hoping to get some of those millionaires to shake lose with some donations and not gonna stop promoting .
Look for us Sunday ,I'll be the fat guy with the curly grey hair and probably nacho cheese in my beard,maybe now that the Cards are eliminated from post season play there will be a better crowd ,I was dreading how empty the place would be if that series went 7 games and they were playing Sunday night

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

We've posted together for quite some time Rammer. Let me just say this. Knock this shit off and NOW.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

And thanks for the heads up on the spammer. Don't hesitate to report those.