What you think of this suggested trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Just for fun...I am laid up a few days here recovering from a recent surgery......so;)

The New York Giants lost both starting WR's last Sunday. All Pro WR Odell Beckham was placed on injured reserve after suffering a broken fibula. Odell will get a 2nd opinion before surgery. Ex All Pro Brandon Marshall was placed on injured reserve Tuesday. Marshall would undergo season-ending surgery Tuesday to stabilize his left ankle. The Giants 3rd WR Sterling Sheppard is also injured & not practicing & status of return is unknown.

On top of the above Starting NYG veteran outside corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. Later on Wednesday Giants announced CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is suspended indefinitely. NYG also made several roster changes.

The Rams just added a 7th WR to the roster Mike Thomas after releasing a DB. In addition in a few weeks from now pass catching TE Temarrick Hemingway will be ready to return to the 53 player roster if needed. The Rams have a boatload of receivers @ RB/TE/WR ready to go.

Next March the Rams have five DB's who will enter Free Agency. #1 corner Trumaine Johnson, our 3rd starting corner who started 3 gamed thus far Nickell Robey-Coleman, Starting high safety & starting Nickel Lamarcus Joyner, current starting safety Cody Davis & 4th outside corner Troy Hill. That's a serious DB cadre & the loss of 4 out of the 5 veterans.

If the Rams could secure the services of veteran 31 yr old outside corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie who has been to the Pro Bowl twice as late as 2015, (Plus he displayed with a 4.29 sec 40-yard dash at the NFL combine) would still be under contract for the 2018 season to pair with Rams Kayvon Webster ease some of this great concern? Would a trade of 2 Ram receivers i.e.......WR/KR/PR (present 4th Ram WR) Pharoh Cooper & $$ costly cap WR/RB Tavon Austin for DRC be a benefit to this 2017/2018 Rams team?

What concerns do you see with this trade proposal? :bueller::thinking:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nique-rodgerscromartie-suspended-indefinitely

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. DRC is wildly inconsistent, and he's a locker room cancer. And you want to add Pharoh as well?

Hell no. I love your reasoning, but DRC is the last guy I'd trade for.

jap

Legend
I like the general idea, but I would much prefer to get Jenks back, although he would cost much more. Janoris would thrive mightily in the SonOfBum's D!

Of course, the damn Giants would almost certainly resist yielding Jenkins.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sheppard is going to be fine, and OBJ will be ready to go next year. Marshal was basically on a 1 year deal so he's not a loss. Giants are going to be in full rebuild mode and dont need to trade for anyone to help

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
So lose a promising young talent/our active punt returner in Pharoh Cooper and effectively our backup RB in Tavon for an ancient CB who was suspended for detrimental conduct?

I like the idea of losing Tavon's heavy contract and gaining secondary help but I think that move takes us more backwards than forwards. DRC maybe has a year left... maybe. Old corners either convert to safety or they are phased out of the league.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sheppard is going to be fine, and OBJ will be ready to go next year. Marshal was basically on a 1 year deal so he's not a loss. Giants are going to be in full rebuild mode and dont need to trade for anyone to help
Guess ticket sales will take a very big hit along with advertisement buys etc etc big loss of mega $$$ just to stand down & do nothing this season so they loose & rebuild. No way this offense can do much with the less talent presently available. A very costly stand down to do nothing.By the way Sheppard has been dealing with an ankle injury since August 2nd 2017.

Maybe I need to be clearer ...Just a reminder the main reason for this trade suggestion is to lessen the big issue that this Ram team will face in March of 2018 in the the secondary due to free agency .... When your team stands to loose:
#1- Rams #1 top corner
#2- Rams #3 corner
#3- Rams starting Nickle & high Safety
#4- Rams #4 corner
#5- Rams top safety reserve (current starter)

All of which are involved in the 2018 Free Agency, Thus leaving the Rams with its #2 corner their #5 CB & Practice Squad CB Kevin Peterson. Now that is a sizable HOLE.

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Just for fun...I am laid up a few days here recovering from a recent surgery......so;)

The New York Giants lost both starting WR's last Sunday. All Pro WR Odell Beckham was placed on injured reserve after suffering a broken fibula. Odell will get a 2nd opinion before surgery. Ex All Pro Brandon Marshall was placed on injured reserve Tuesday. Marshall would undergo season-ending surgery Tuesday to stabilize his left ankle. The Giants 3rd WR Sterling Sheppard is also injured & not practicing & status of return is unknown.

On top of the above Starting NYG veteran outside corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. Later on Wednesday Giants announced CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is suspended indefinitely. NYG also made several roster changes.

The Rams just added a 7th WR to the roster Mike Thomas after releasing a DB. In addition in a few weeks from now pass catching TE Temarrick Hemingway will be ready to return to the 53 player roster if needed. The Rams have a boatload of receivers @ RB/TE/WR ready to go.

Next March the Rams have five DB's who will enter Free Agency. #1 corner Trumaine Johnson, our 3rd starting corner who started 3 gamed thus far Nickell Robey-Coleman, Starting high safety & starting Nickel Lamarcus Joyner, current starting safety Cody Davis & 4th outside corner Troy Hill. That's a serious DB cadre & the loss of 4 out of the 5 veterans.

If the Rams could secure the services of veteran 31 yr old outside corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie who has been to the Pro Bowl twice as late as 2015, (Plus he displayed with a 4.29 sec 40-yard dash at the NFL combine) would still be under contract for the 2018 season to pair with Rams Kayvon Webster ease some of this great concern? Would a trade of 2 Ram receivers i.e.......WR/KR/PR (present 4th Ram WR) Pharoh Cooper & $$ costly cap WR/RB Tavon Austin for DRC be a benefit to this 2017/2018 Rams team?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nique-rodgerscromartie-suspended-indefinitely

Hope your recovery is a quick one, Bonifay.

BTW, don’t quit your day job. Lol.

This DRC trade proposal is just wrong on so many levels. Starting with he’s not a we not me kinda person.

The concept of a mutually beneficial trade with the Giants is a sound one. Just not for DRC.

~lyser

Rookie
I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but this suggestion coupled with the fact that you are recovering from surgery leads me to the obvious conclusion that you accidentally doubled up on your pain meds.

Just kidding - good luck with your recovery!

DRC was suspended for, basically, being a douche. Plus, he sucks. So no, I would not trade Cooper and Austin for a sucky douche.

You are right though, we are going to loose some guys and have to fill-in via the draft, FA or trades.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hope your recovery is a quick one, Bonifay.

BTW, don’t quit your day job. Lol.

This DRC trade proposal is just wrong on so many levels. Starting with he’s not a we not me kinda person.

The concept of a mutually beneficial trade with the Giants is a sound one. Just not for DRC.

This is my day job;):cheers:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get well soon!

Oh, and the proposal? I think not.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but this suggestion coupled with the fact that you are recovering from surgery leads me to the obvious conclusion that you accidentally doubled up on your pain meds.

Just kidding - good luck with your recovery!

DRC was suspended for, basically, being a douche. Plus, he sucks. So no, I would not trade Cooper and Austin for a sucky douche.

You are right though, we are going to loose some guys and have to fill-in via the draft, FA or trades.

I agree with you assessment of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Tude Sucks but we would not have to deal with it any length in time.

The Rams will be in a serious cap challenge very soon & they have already sent the 2018 #2 selection to the Bills so the Rams are a little light in the first two days so drafting a couple of blue chippers will be very difficult. Thus drafting corners on the 3rd day of the draft is a real possibility. Having a veteran recent all pro could help bridge the experience gap in 2018.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I would much prefer to get Jenks back, although he would cost much more. Janoris would thrive mightily in the SonOfBum's D!

No thanks. Unless he's changed drastically, my memory of him was hit or miss on every throw in his vicinity. He'd either make a big play or get burned.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...thought-game-was-over-when-he-left-the-field/

Janoris Jenkins says he thought game was over when he left the field
Posted by Charean Williams on October 12, 2017

859064542-e1507835849182.jpg

Getty Images

Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins was not on the field for the final two snaps Sunday after playing the first 76. The reason? He left for the locker room after Philip Rivers‘ first kneel down before Giants coach Ben McAdoo used his final timeout with 38 seconds remaining.

“I didn’t expect the timeout to be called so I just walked in,” Jenkins said Thursday, via Paul Schwartz of the New York Post. “Everybody was going on the field; the game was over, and I just went in.”

Afterward, Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo was seen chasing the All-Pro as he bolted the locker room, according to Dan Duggan of NJ Advance Media.

McAdoo met with Jenkins this week to discuss Jenkins’ premature exit from the field.

“He came to me and asked me, and I told him,” Jenkins said. “We had a delightful talk, and that was it.”
------------------------
A "delightful talk?" lol. Sounds like he's adopted Spags' way of dealing with players.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd trade Tavon to the Giants for their Center - Weston Richburg straight up.

I'd actually try to sign Richburg in free agency and trade Tavon to someone who can absorb his cap for a pick or two.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Giants are 0-5 and not going anywhere. They have no sense of urgency to fill WR holes. In fact, at this point, losing out may not be the worst thing. It's time to replace Eli.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

speedy recovery to u good sir

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No thanks. Unless he's changed drastically, my memory of him was hit or miss on every throw in his vicinity. He'd either make a big play or get burned.
Another polarizing player while he was here.

My recollection is similar to yours... took a lot of chances... some went his way (great!) but some did not (ouch!)

In a word? Inconsistent.

Probably not a good word to describe a corner back.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

After your surgery ( which I hope your doing well!) ....

-x- work.jpg
.. on the Drugs they gave you!!

ww-aww-hell-no.jpg