What Would It Take To Trade Up To 6 From 13?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Trade back from 2 after the Texans pick Clowney, pick up some ammo and the OT of your choice. Trade up to 6 (Falcons) and take Watkins. Of course this means we would have to trade with Cleveland(4) or Oakland(5).

Thoughts? Just kicking around ideas. Idk about giving up picks in such a deep draft, but this would sure as hell go a long way in helping fix the offense. The Falcons would probably want a lot for dropping 7 spots though. Isn't there a hypothetical chart for this shit?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
A second rounder this and next year, probably. I like the idea of trading both picks and still getting Watkins better than trading up.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
According to the Trade Value Chart #6 is worth 1600 points, #13 1150, a difference of 450 pts. which is 10 less than our #12 pick in round 2. I'd make that trade after having received an additional (higher) 2nd rounder in the move down from #2.

A55VA6

Legend
Been thinking about this quite a bit. I would like to see movement on both picks. Trade downs, trade ups.. just as long as it's smart and good value.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Trade back to four and up to six. Matthews and Watkins/Mackwould be sweet.

Could use some of trade back take to compensate trade up stakes.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Trade back from 2 after the Texans pick Clowney, pick up some ammo and the OT of your choice. Trade up to 6 (Falcons) and take Watkins. Of course this means we would have to trade with Cleveland(4) or Oakland(5).

Thoughts? Just kicking around ideas. Idk about giving up picks in such a deep draft, but this would sure as hell go a long way in helping fix the offense. The Falcons would probably want a lot for dropping 7 spots though. Isn't there a hypothetical chart for this crap?

Yes there is & if you take the time to review what Snead had done in the past with his trades you will find that he has closely used this draft chart. We have heard that its out of date & the draft value points are out of line that they are not as valuable, but I would contend that when the changes in the rookie cap wage this chart could be updated where the top first round selections like our 1.2 currently today have much more value than they did in 2010.
http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

I do not believe that the Texans will select DE Jadeveon Clowney they will go QB. With that the Rams 1.2 picks puts Jadeveon in full play for teams who have great needs for a bonified 43 DE pass rusher? Do a quick review of the 2014 DE 43 top prospects & you will find that there are very few. What team has such a great need? Jags @ 1.3, Falcons 1.6, Bucs 1.7 & Vikings 1,8.

If the Rams want Watkins they need to remain in front of the Raiders @ 1.5 who also need a QB. If the Rams have OT's Matthews & Robinson as their targets they could go with the Falcons 1.6, Tampa 1.7 & possibly Viks @ 1.8. But @ the same time QB needy teams could also get in the mix for the second best QB too i.e. Jags @ 1.3, Browns 1.4, Raiders 1.5, possibly Bucs @ 1.7 & Viks @ 1.8..some of these teams are in need of a pass rusher too. Tricky & very messy for weak brain cells like mine.

....Snead will have to be on his toes for the possible fallout if the Texans do go QB. Guess Snead will have pre deal offers already in hand when we go on the clock depending what the Texans do.

It would seem from most everyone who makes a living around the NFL drafts...says this is the deepest draft in over a decade. Thus Wisdom would seem to indicate to me that it would be a very good ideal NOT to trade 2014 selections for UNKNOWN 2015 selection at anytime unless its a very extreme great offer.

Trading second day selections away for first day selections would be just as UNWISE IMO. I would desire to bank a trio 2nd & 3rd & 4th rounders this 2014 draft & one future second day pick for lets say that 1.13 (1.150 pts) first rounder if the Targeted Ram prospects are off the board.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Been thinking about this quite a bit. I would like to see movement on both picks. Trade downs, trade ups.. just as long as it's smart and good value.

If Snead has the amount of 2014 draft selections that is projected Total of 13...see below then we have an abundance of picks that can be utilized for movement up & down @ Snead will.
Rams projected 2014 draft picks
1st.2
1st.13
2nd.44
3rd.75
4th.106
5th.141
6th.172
6th(Comp) for Gibson
7th.203
7th.26 pick
7th(Comp) for Dahl
7th(Comp) for Turner
7th(Comp) for Fletcher

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
If we do not take Watkins @ 2 (which I believe we will trade out of....) and we go to 6.... I think we miss out on Watkins. (Oakland will be looking hard at giving themselves some syblance of playmaker....). but in reality, I really look at Watkins being a luxury that we would "hurt" ourselves if we picked him. We really have to come away w/ an OT (from the big 3) IMO. And if we don't get one w/ our first pick, I don't think Lewan will be there @ 13 for us to get (I see the G-Men nabbing him @ 12). And while Martin might be a feasible and versatile player for us in the bigger scheme of things.... I don't think he's in the same league as those first 3 guys.

Bottom line...while he's a great conversational piece, I really don't see Watkins as a practical option for us at this time.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If we do not take Watkins @ 2 (which I believe we will trade out of....) and we go to 6.... I think we miss out on Watkins. (Oakland will be looking hard at giving themselves some syblance of playmaker....). but in reality, I really look at Watkins being a luxury that we would "hurt" ourselves if we picked him. We really have to come away w/ an OT (from the big 3) IMO. And if we don't get one w/ our first pick, I don't think Lewan will be there @ 13 for us to get (I see the G-Men nabbing him @ 12). And while Martin might be a feasible and versatile player for us in the bigger scheme of things.... I don't think he's in the same league as those first 3 guys.

Bottom line...while he's a great conversational piece, I really don't see Watkins as a practical option for us at this time.
Whats up Bome? Good to see ya.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Same-o same-o....... Just waiting for the next few weeks and May 8 like every other Rams fan.......

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Gee.....if you are looking for my thoughts............ then you are scaring me. I'm not sure I can handle my thoughts that much.....or wait....is it the voices I'm scared of......"no you're not afraid of us" ........Yeah, it's definitely the voices...........:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
But good to see you here. I've been reading up your posts.

iced

i sincerely doubt Texans go clowney... i expect them to go qb, and i think most writers/people around the team expect the same

laramsoriginal

Starter
It would cost the rams a 2nd and 3rd this year

Not worth it imo. Rams can get a starter in the 2nd round and a future starter in the 3rd

Last edited: