What Williams Will Bring To Rams' Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm not a fan.

I cannot get on board with a guy who was advocating the things that he did.

There are two elements to that Les.
Sure what he was heard to say is abhorrent by the standards you and I ,AND I, set for behavior in general and is deserving of disdain.
The caveat for me is that I don't and never will believe it was atypical for people in his position,certainly there have been many denials but there have been admissions and IMO the motives to deny are clear but I see no motive to admit so I choose to believe his encouraging players to injure other players was not as rare as all that .
If I am to hold something or someone in disdain over that practice permanently I'd have to hold the whole league ( pre censure) in disdain.

I believe that Fisher is a just and moral man,that he as much as anyone knows Williams was made an example of and that if Williams behavior was as atypical as it would be necessary for me to hold him singularly guilty,he too would have nothing to do with him.

I respect your consistency and would stand with you if we held identical assumptions ,but I think we may not.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
What I like about his defense is the attitude. They will attack, no more "cover 2" bend but don't break. We have seen a patient offense will just take 6 yard plays all day with no real fear of turn overs. Williams will take that away using pressure to dictate OL protection, and offensive "hot" reads to force opponents into predictable matchups benefitting our playmakers on D. I love the idea of not giving in to what the opponent wants to do but Forcing them off the field. Williams D is kind of "feast or famine" over his career, but he was at his best with Fisher so I look forward to next season. GO RAMS!