What will it take to resign/extend Cooks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ants

Starter
He got knocked the freak out.
Again. He got KNOCKED. the fuuuuuck. OUT.

Well, I'm thinking that Joe Frazier could have continued against George Foreman. I mean, you know...if he was a REAL man.
:redcard:

Psycho_X

Legend
So did Case Keenum.....probably worse than Cooks....but he still played...in what was basically a worthless regular season game. He's not the only player...just one that came to mind...one guy recently said he played with thousands of concussions....maybe he's just yanking our chains.

I have been struck in my head....a couple of times....almost knock completely out....and yes I had to rise immediately....
In some instances, you can't wallow around and get "help"...you need to get on your feet. Humans are made with incredible survival skills....
While the first part of your question/statement is confusing....
I didn't say I knew about Cooks taking himself out...failing concussion protocol...I just KNOW several players, similarly hit, and probably just as concussed, stayed IN games. And none of the games were as important as his.

giphy.gif

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
We have seen the contracts that some WR have inked this year ie Watkins. Now we have another singing.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/984447267758313472

I’m going to guess it will take something similar to Watkins. Thoughts?

We have seen the contracts that some WR have inked this year ie Watkins. Now we have another singing.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/984447267758313472

I’m going to guess it will take something similar to Watkins. Thoughts?

Sorry, but don't have any unborn children to offer, but I do have some born ones I'm willing to sacrifice. Of course their spouses and my grand children may complain a little, but they'll get over it. Ah heck, I'll even throw in the spouses too.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
So did Case Keenum.....probably worse than Cooks....but he still played...in what was basically a worthless regular season game. He's not the only player...just one that came to mind...one guy recently said he played with thousands of concussions....maybe he's just yanking our chains.

I have been struck in my head....a couple of times....almost knock completely out....and yes I had to rise immediately....
In some instances, you can't wallow around and get "help"...you need to get on your feet. Humans are made with incredible survival skills....
While the first part of your question/statement is confusing....
I didn't say I knew about Cooks taking himself out...failing concussion protocol...I just KNOW several players, similarly hit, and probably just as concussed, stayed IN games. And none of the games were as important as his.
I can’t help but pile on. There is no more serious injury than a brain injury. Repeated brain injuries resulting in CTE is arguably the biggest issue for the NFL to overcome in order to survive as an organization.

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless
I can’t help but pile on. There is no more serious injury than a brain injury. Repeated brain injuries resulting in CTE is arguably the biggest issue for the NFL to overcome in order to survive as an organization.
Exactly.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
A person saying a player is selfish for not coming back into a game because of a serious injury is also "not cool"

Can agree, but it doesn't matter. We don't call each other names on this board.

dang

Legend
Can agree, but it doesn't matter. We don't call each other names on this board.
Maybe not cool to call each other names but if you take a dangerous uninformed position perhaps you should be prepared to be called out to articulate your position.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Maybe not cool to call each other names but if you take a dangerous uninformed position perhaps you should be prepared to be called out to articulate your position.

You’re not getting the message. Talk around it all you want, but we don’t call each other names. Never justified.

Kinda like you don’t hit women. Period.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Fake like he wasn't hurt and get out there...at least as a decoy....

That's not even funny.

It's a great way to lose a draft pick, get a big fine and then get increased scrutiny for years.

Sorry man, I can't go with you on that. Especially because decoys have gotten lit up PLENTY OF TIMES.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You obviously don't think of players as people. But thank you for showing me you're just a pos with a bias agenda.

Others have probably chimed in, but that's not gonna fly here.

If you can't respectfully disagree, maybe take a lap or grab a cold shower or something.

It's why this place is different than the Thunderdomes out there masquerading as fan forums...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I don't know how I have a biased agenda? Where is my bias? Do you actually know what biased means? Here I'll help:

I give you
insert your own slanderous adjective here :neener:
my reasoning/rationale...and you just skip over it...and call me names...

I'm sorry that a violent game offends you....I'm sorry that the consequences of such a violent game is a little too much for you to handle....I'm surprised such a tender-hearted person like yourself is even attracted to said violent game....but again....life is full of paradoxes....irony....

I think of all people as people...I think of football as a game....It is played by individuals that know it is risky to their long term health...and in some areas....it is obvious, that these players have "assumed the risk" of anything detrimental that may happen while playing such a violent game.

Like always....I enjoy the comments of all in here...and I'll end with....I'll hope & plan to attend quite a few camp practices out in Irvine...if you'd like to discuss my views and yours...in depth:argue:...feel free to join me....I'll let you know when I'm going.;)

That's a mediocre and poorly articulated argument and you know it.

By that logic, why not add spikes to the shoulder pads? Give linebackers chainsaws?

Football is NOT a gladiatorial sport. It's a contact sport.

Please don't disingenuously conflate them. It belittles legitimate argument.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Oh my....where have I been????

He was concussed. What was he supposed to do?
Again....my position....stay on the field....
You understand Cooks was put in protocol after that hit right? He could have recited the Russian alphabet backwards after that, they weren't letting him back on the field
I've seen several players take similar hits and play....
Don't bother his mind is made up. Brandon cooks is a selfish player because he didn't get back on the field in the biggest game. Doesn't matter if it was his choice or not.
It's his choice to act like he's concussed...or he can act like he's fine...
I wonder if Gronkowski is considered a gamer
I doubt Gronk was 100% in the SB....but he played....the prior game, when he was leveled....and could be witnessed saying, "whoa, WHOA!"...he was trying to return then as well...
Well, I'm thinking that Joe Frazier could have continued against George Foreman. I mean, you know...if he was a REAL man.
Different types of knocked out....Cooks didn't lose consciousness....he was almost immediately helped to his feet. Frazier was knocked out cold....lying in a very unnatural position.
I'm special like that....
As long as football is a contact sport, there will always be brain trauma....hence, there will always be players that suffer from CTE....It is the risk they take....so do kids that play tackle football....soccer....field hockey....
Dude, if I was in here calling guys pieces of shit....idiot....dummy....for any number of positions...they'd be giving me timeouts....warning me of potential bans.....
Frankly...guys that call me names are kinda funny....I doubt they'd talk like that in person....I'm just like this....critical by nature...
That's a mediocre and poorly articulated argument and you know it.

By that logic, why not add spikes to the shoulder pads? Give linebackers chainsaws?

Football is NOT a gladiatorial sport. It's a contact sport.

Please don't disingenuously conflate them. It belittles legitimate argument.
The game didn't have spikes on shoulder pads....never had chainsaws.....the game has had individuals that performed under adverse circumstances...played through injuries....in the super bowl, I'd like my #1 target to remain in the game....if only as a decoy...

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Of all the ridiculous...
He seems to get into a mode sometimes where he just says shit he knows will get a rise out of people. Sometimes it is best not to feed that beast. Although sometimes I can't help myself. He is good at it.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He seems to get into a mode sometimes where he just says crap he knows will get a rise out of people. Sometimes it is best not to feed that beast. Although sometimes I can't help myself. He is good at it.

You are, of course, correct.

But it just seems so clearly non-sensical that it is hard not to take the bait, when it appears to be such a definitively incorrect statement.

Cooks didn't have a choice to act concussed or not - everyone saw the hit and they took him to the tent right away as he was walking off the field.

Toughness had no more to do with it than toughness gets you ahead of the line in a drive through. He only had one direction to go - straight to the protocol tent. Ten years ago he'd have had a say. Not now. The league has too much to lose to take chances on such clear concussions.

See - even though I led off with telling you that you were right, I still took the bait. :)