What will it take to resign/extend Cooks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Zero chance we sign Suh and Cooks long term. Maybe one of them.

I think the Rams will wait until midsession to see how both fit into our systems.

I personally would spend the money on a LT since Whitworth will steadily decline each year and may not make it past 2019.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yall wanna piece of this action????

less than Sammy....I'm guessing around $10 - 13 million a year....

Landry is a stat demon...team leader...rah rah type of guy...

Cooks is quiet....and again....I don't like guys that tap out in championship games....he's a good player. But does nothing over the middle in traffic. That's a skill...
You will overpay for Cooks, and like it!:rockon:

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Yall wanna piece of this action????

less than Sammy....I'm guessing around $10 - 13 million a year....

Landry is a stat demon...team leader...rah rah type of guy...

Cooks is quiet....and again....I don't like guys that tap out in championship games....he's a good player. But does nothing over the middle in traffic. That's a skill...
He was concussed. What was he supposed to do?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Agree with all of this.

My only concern is what happens if Cooks’ agent plays hardball and demands 18 M per year?

Rams put themselves in a tough spot here, because they really have to get something done.
I'm sure they fell pressure to get this done, but I don't think they would pay that kind of money. They would probably find a cheaper version on the open market. No receiver is worth that kind of money. Besides, at some point you have to pay Kupp and maybe up woods pay. If cooks wants to much say by by.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You can't be serious? If you are that tells me all I need to know about you without ever meeting you.
Glad to be of assistance....listen, dudes have played with concussions....will play with concussions...and with worse things than concussions....
You may only get one chance at a super bowl...and if you're a valuable part of a team, it's kinda selfish...TO ME...to totally remove yourself from a game. If you're hurt...really hurt....play the decoy role. If others have played with concussions....Cooks could finish the super bowl with one too...

If you ever wanna really know something about me....just ask Giles....I'll be happy to share.;)(y)

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless
Glad to be of assistance....listen, dudes have played with concussions....will play with concussions...and with worse things than concussions....
You may only get one chance at a super bowl...and if you're a valuable part of a team, it's kinda selfish...TO ME...to totally remove yourself from a game. If you're hurt...really hurt....play the decoy role. If others have played with concussions....Cooks could finish the super bowl with one too...

If you ever wanna really know something about me....just ask Giles....I'll be happy to share.;)(y)
You obviously don't think of players as people. But thank you for showing me you're just a pos with a bias agenda.

Psycho_X

Legend

He got knocked the fuck out. Yes, players have played with concussions but he got knocked the fuck out. He was blindsided and laid on the turf not moving for a bit. Even if god himself decided to possess his lifeless body at that moment to reanimate him to keep playing football the NFL wouldn't have let him back on the field. Go ask someone to smack you upside the head with a bat to where you are unconscious and lets see if you can immediately stand back up and act like nothing happened enough to convince someone watching you for signs of a concussion that you didn't get one and then go do some sprints for a few hours. At this point I'm sure you're just trolling for the fuck of it because I can't see someone honestly typing what you just typed and believing it.

Again. He got KNOCKED. the fuuuuuck. OUT.

giphy.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You obviously don't think of players as people. But thank you for showing me you're just a pos with a bias agenda

I don't know how I have a biased agenda? Where is my bias? Do you actually know what biased means? Here I'll help:
1 a : an inclination of temperament or outlook; especially : a personal and sometimes unreasoned judgment : prejudice
I give you
insert your own slanderous adjective here :neener:
my reasoning/rationale...and you just skip over it...and call me names...

I'm sorry that a violent game offends you....I'm sorry that the consequences of such a violent game is a little too much for you to handle....I'm surprised such a tender-hearted person like yourself is even attracted to said violent game....but again....life is full of paradoxes....irony....

I think of all people as people...I think of football as a game....It is played by individuals that know it is risky to their long term health...and in some areas....it is obvious, that these players have "assumed the risk" of anything detrimental that may happen while playing such a violent game.

Like always....I enjoy the comments of all in here...and I'll end with....I'll hope & plan to attend quite a few camp practices out in Irvine...if you'd like to discuss my views and yours...in depth:argue:...feel free to join me....I'll let you know when I'm going.;)

dang

Legend

I want to respect the established informed forum contributors so what do you know about Cooks taking himself out of the game vs him failing concussion protocol...that hasn’t been made public?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He got knocked the freak out. Yes, players have played with concussions but he got knocked the freak out. He was blindsided and laid on the turf not moving for a bit. Even if god himself decided to possess his lifeless body at that moment to reanimate him to keep playing football the NFL wouldn't have let him back on the field. Go ask someone to smack you upside the head with a bat to where you are unconscious and lets see if you can immediately stand back up and act like nothing happened enough to convince someone watching you for signs of a concussion that you didn't get one and then go do some sprints for a few hours. At this point I'm sure you're just trolling for the freak of it because I can't see someone honestly typing what you just typed and believing it.

So did Case Keenum.....probably worse than Cooks....but he still played...in what was basically a worthless regular season game. He's not the only player...just one that came to mind...one guy recently said he played with thousands of concussions....maybe he's just yanking our chains.

I have been struck in my head....a couple of times....almost knock completely out....and yes I had to rise immediately....
In some instances, you can't wallow around and get "help"...you need to get on your feet. Humans are made with incredible survival skills....
I want to respect the established informed forum contributors so what do you know about Cooks taking himself out of the game vs him failing concussion protocol...that hasn’t been made public?
While the first part of your question/statement is confusing....
I didn't say I knew about Cooks taking himself out...failing concussion protocol...I just KNOW several players, similarly hit, and probably just as concussed, stayed IN games. And none of the games were as important as his.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He got knocked the freak out. Yes, players have played with concussions but he got knocked the freak out. He was blindsided and laid on the turf not moving for a bit. Even if god himself decided to possess his lifeless body at that moment to reanimate him to keep playing football the NFL wouldn't have let him back on the field. Go ask someone to smack you upside the head with a bat to where you are unconscious and lets see if you can immediately stand back up and act like nothing happened enough to convince someone watching you for signs of a concussion that you didn't get one and then go do some sprints for a few hours. At this point I'm sure you're just trolling for the freak of it because I can't see someone honestly typing what you just typed and believing it.

giphy.gif
Lol.
As if Cooks had any say in returning to the game.
Most watched TV event of the year, no chance they let him back on the field

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So did Case Keenum.....probably worse than Cooks....but he still played...in what was basically a worthless regular season game. He's not the only player...just one that came to mind...one guy recently said he played with thousands of concussions....maybe he's just yanking our chains.
Dude, BECAUSE of that Case Keenum crap show, players cant get back on the field.
You understand Cooks was put in protocol after that hit right? He could have recited the Russian alphabet backwards after that, they weren't letting him back on the field

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless
Dude, BECAUSE of that Case Keenum crap show, players cant get back on the field.
You understand Cooks was put in protocol after that hit right? He could have recited the Russian alphabet backwards after that, they weren't letting him back on the field
Don't bother his mind is made up. Brandon cooks is a selfish player because he didn't get back on the field in the biggest game. Doesn't matter if it was his choice or not.

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless
I don't know how I have a biased agenda? Where is my bias? Do you actually know what biased means? Here I'll help:

I give you
insert your own slanderous adjective here :neener:
my reasoning/rationale...and you just skip over it...and call me names...

I'm sorry that a violent game offends you....I'm sorry that the consequences of such a violent game is a little too much for you to handle....I'm surprised such a tender-hearted person like yourself is even attracted to said violent game....but again....life is full of paradoxes....irony....

I think of all people as people...I think of football as a game....It is played by individuals that know it is risky to their long term health...and in some areas....it is obvious, that these players have "assumed the risk" of anything detrimental that may happen while playing such a violent game.

Like always....I enjoy the comments of all in here...and I'll end with....I'll hope & plan to attend quite a few camp practices out in Irvine...if you'd like to discuss my views and yours...in depth:argue:...feel free to join me....I'll let you know when I'm going.;)
Didn't even bother reading that nonsense. I told you what I think of you and I have a year worth of your bias posts to come to my opinion of you.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't bother his mind is made up. Brandon cooks is a selfish player because he didn't get back on the field in the biggest game. Doesn't matter if it was his choice or not.
I wonder if Gronkowski is considered a gamer