What will it take to resign/extend Cooks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooks has outperformed all these cats who have recently signed big $$ contracts, no reason to think he'll sign for any less. Hopefully, Donald gets locked up and then he can get franchise tag.

Psycho_X

Legend
In a previous thread I guessed a 3 year extension worth just over $51 million and around $33 million guaranteed. Or if they go the 5 year route about $85 million with $51 mil guaranteed I'd say. I think this Landry signing keeps me confident in those numbers.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In a previous thread I guessed a 3 year extension worth just over $51 million and around $33 million guaranteed. Or if they go the 5 year route about $85 million with $51 mil guaranteed I'd say. I think this Landry signing keeps me confident in those numbers.
I can see that, it’s like I guessed similar to Watkins at $1 million more aav.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yall wanna piece of this action????

less than Sammy....I'm guessing around $10 - 13 million a year....

Landry is a stat demon...team leader...rah rah type of guy...

Cooks is quiet....and again....I don't like guys that tap out in championship games....he's a good player. But does nothing over the middle in traffic. That's a skill...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Floor to sign him will probably be $16M. Ceiling probably $17M. Giving up a first round pick for him means it's gotta get done. Rams are going to pay it and if not I'm gonna lose my $#!T.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I'd like to see a longer deal, he's still young and it would be nice to keep the WR's together.

I don't like guys that tap out in championship games

Who did that?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With all of the upcoming extensions, can’t they put deals in place and get them signed so they start next year?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'd guess somewhat less than Sammy got - but only because I think they will be able to sell this corps on taking slight discounts for a chance at a dynasty run.

Ram65

Legend
Rams say they want to resign him before the season. He has to get at least as much as Watkins. I'm hearing 1 million a year more. I'll go with this.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all of the upcoming extensions, can’t they put deals in place and get them signed so they start next year?

If they aren't getting more money this season, what is the advantage to them? Why not wait until they are free agents then? They expect at least a huge signing bonus now, even if their cap hit for 2018 is similar to what would have been anyway.

Turducken

Starter
He's under contract for $8.5m next year. I'd figure they offer to restructure with an extension of 3 additional years @ about $16m/year. Total contract of 4 years @$56.5m with about $32m guaranteed.

We'd have him for four years at an average price of $14.1m/yr (with the option of cutting him after two seasons for a $7.5m dead money hit).

In my mind, a deal in that range would justify giving up the 23rd pick to get Cooks. Not sure if it is enough to sign him though. It would make Cooks one of the top 5 highest paid receivers (at this moment) with another shot at a big contract at age 28.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I think it depends on when the sign him. If it’s before the year I think you’re looking at a Watkins type deal because of the production cooks has had vs these other recently signed wrs. But if he tests the open market I feel like he’ll get less than he thinks he is worth because a lot of teams will look at his size and/or consider him mainly a one trick pony deep threat

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it depends on when the sign him. If it’s before the year I think you’re looking at a Watkins type deal because of the production cooks has had vs these other recently signed wrs. But if he tests the open market I feel like he’ll get less than he thinks he is worth because a lot of teams will look at his size and/or consider him mainly a one trick pony deep threat

I don't know. After he has 20 receptions this season for 1400 yards and 20 touchdowns, I think he'll get a very large contract.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Floor to sign him will probably be $16M. Ceiling probably $17M. Giving up a first round pick for him means it's gotta get done. Rams are going to pay it and if not I'm gonna lose my $#!T.
Agree with all of this.

My only concern is what happens if Cooks’ agent plays hardball and demands 18 M per year?

Rams put themselves in a tough spot here, because they really have to get something done.

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'm going to say he gives the Rams a slight break and signs between 14.5-15.5 per year x 6 w/ a brinks truck stopping off at his home w/ some free mad cheddar

Edit:

I think he might be done w/ moving from team to team.. He's a Cali boy

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I wonder how woods will feel about his contract once cooks signs for double his annual salary.