What were they saying on tv after that ruffing the passer..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
call?

That was one of the most fucking worthless pos calls I've ever heard or seen in my entire life. I kept saying "Ruffing the passer? Are they really going to stick with that?"

I'm paging through the gameday thread now. Can't wait till I get to it. :sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: What were they saying on tv after that ruffing the passe

Nobody. In any position in the league. Or the media. Thinks that call was legit.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wtf even happened? They kept replaying it on the big screen. NO ONE EVEN TOUCHED HIM. Did something happen waaaaaaaay after the whistle or something? I mean they kept replaying it. Didn't even come close to him. I don't even know how you can even make that call. I guess we'll know if one of the referees comes up missing tomorrow. It'll finally all make sense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Username said:
Wtf even happened? They kept replaying it on the big screen. NO ONE EVEN TOUCHED HIM. Did something happen waaaaaaaay after the whistle or something? I mean they kept replaying it. Didn't even come close to him. I don't even know how you can even make that call. I guess we'll know if one of the referees comes up missing tomorrow. It'll finally all make sense.
If you watch it closely (at least from the angle I keep seeing), Quinn bumps him in the shoulder pad, but Kaepernick's head flicks to the side really quick like he got popped in the helmet. I have no idea why his head did that either. Unless it was intentional. But, to be honest, it didn't look like he intentionally did that. It was just a really weird body reaction or something and the ref, I guess, only saw his head moving unnaturally. Still a really bad call though.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

It was a bullshit call and eventually one of these calls is going to happen on a critical play in the postseason and create a major controversy. Then and only then will it be addressed by the league.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

X said:
Username said:
If you watch it closely (at least from the angle I keep seeing), Quinn bumps him in the shoulder pad, but Kaepernick's head flicks to the side really quick like he got popped in the helmet. I have no idea why his head did that either. Unless it was intentional. But, to be honest, it didn't look like he intentionally did that. It was just a really weird body reaction or something and the ref, I guess, only saw his head moving unnaturally. Still a really bad call though.
And that's the problem. The refs are so concerned about protecting the QB they're projecting causes for effects rather than actually seeing them. That concern is the league's fault; Goodell wants the NFL to be the no-fault league regarding concussions and it's affecting game play.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

I thought it was pretty bad. The one that gets me though is how the safety call was considered borderline. I thought it was a slam dunk, apparently by the book, if the ball passes the line out of bounds it's not a safety?! What the hell is that about? Think about that, in what other plays does the line extend out of bounds? None. Yet if you're a bitch and trying to dump the ball before you get sacked, the NFL will allow you to use the area out of bounds to aid your sissifaction. They need to fix that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Fucking NBA call. Nobody touched him.

Almost allowed them to win. Bull-Fucking-Shit.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Ram Quixote said:
And that's the problem. The refs are so concerned about protecting the QB they're projecting causes for effects rather than actually seeing them. That concern is the league's fault; Goodell wants the NFL to be the no-fault league regarding concussions and it's affecting game play.
I would change your statement to: "The refs are so concerned about protecting ONLY certain QB's....."

I think X said it in the Gameday thread... that there would have been no way the refs would have called that same penalty against the 49ers had they done the same to Bradford.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

interference said:
Ram Quixote said:
I would change your statement to: "The refs are so concerned about protecting ONLY certain QB's....."

I think X said it in the Gameday thread... that there would have been no way the refs would have called that same penalty against the 49ers had they done the same to Bradford.
Actually, I said if Bradford had scampered for a 50+ yard gainer, the refs would have called an illegal motion on the offense. And they would have thrown the flag on that ..... right about now.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I just saw that play on NFL.com.

I'm speechless. Literally. Don't even know what to say.

It didn't matter in the end but still. Wow.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

Hey X, I'm no good at this type stuff: could you possibly post that video of the "penalty". I remember seeing it on TV, but I was so pissed off that I didn't really pay attention that much to the replays. It may also help for those who were at the game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

brokeu91 said:
Hey X, I'm no good at this type stuff: could you possibly post that video of the "penalty". I remember seeing it on TV, but I was so pissed off that I didn't really pay attention that much to the replays. It may also help for those who were at the game.
Yeah, I can do that when the Game Rewind thing is available to me. Which is usually the day after.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Here ya go.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVq1UhhoUKo[/youtube]

SAMTHERAM

Truly Pitiful F%$# call; makes one wonder..... WHY ???

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil

The Rams video staff did a great job of replaying this over and over and the crowd was going nuts, booing the refs. They would show it in slomo, and then rewind it over and over again. They definitely got their point across. Hopefully these refs get fined.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

I just don't get it. It isn't even like the refs are trying to hide it anymore. We are being flagged BLATANTLY for ticky tac BS "offenses" while our opponents get away with the exact same things and WORSE. Not a conspiracy theorist, but starting to wonder if Stan personally kicked the dog of every official in the league at this point......

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory

Faceplant said:
I just don't get it. It isn't even like the refs are trying to hide it anymore. We are being flagged BLATANTLY for ticky tac BS "offenses" while our opponents get away with the exact same things and WORSE. Not a conspiracy theorist, but starting to wonder if Stan personally kicked the dog of every official in the league at this point......

Nah, it's just that the 49ers are supposed to be a 'good' team and so they think if the Rams, who are known for being heavily penalized already, are hanging around the game then it's because they're fouling. Refs probably know the spreads for the games better than most of us and it affects their mindset.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Re: Here ya go.

X said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVq1UhhoUKo[/youtube]
Thanks for posting that X. Damn it that call pissed me off to no end. I thought for sure the refs must have thought Kaepernick was Tom Brady, because only Tom Brady gets those over-the-top ridiculous calls.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

That flag came out AFTER the pass was incomplete it seems. This wasn't a botched call IMO, but was a blatant slap in the Rams face which allowed the 49ers to continue their drive.