What we were up against

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Really? So when you "earn" the rest, it doesn't make you rusty?
Look at the 4 teams that "earned" a rest...Pretty solid on all phases of the ball(especially offensively)...probably don't NEED to practice as much to remain cohesive, keep the chemistry....because all throughout the year they proved to be solid....in execution....

we weren't as solid...as evidenced by losses to various teams that we should have or could have beaten.....we can point to a couple games...were the "better" team lost. Yesterday wasn't one of those days...our offense...#1 scoring offense....was getting handled. Looked like we were off...rusty...like a game last week could have helped Goff...
It isn't illogical to speculate that we weren't in rhythm because of time off...in the practice the week before...and the game. We started slow for a reason.

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
giphy.gif

This is LAchamp with my thread right now as he derailed the fuck out of it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Still, according to your theory, that should hurt them as by not playing starters, they lose chemistry.

We’ll see, I guess
It'll be different...because they'll basically have 2 weeks off...but you may see a lil rust...but Big Ben has been to how many playoffs? Antonio Brown and Ben have played together how long?
Champ you have some good thoughts, but last week had absolutely no bearing on tonight's game..3rd and 2 in the first quarter and we try a dumb pass play when we should have given it to Gurley. Our Special Teams played last week and you have to admit that they were a big part of our loss today. Bones is awesome, but Cooper's fumble and not calling off the other guys on the first fumble played a key role....never expected special teams to be a reason we lost
Don't know why you don't think last week doesn't effect this week. Athlete's are creatures of habit...Our offense was out of sync....we need to find out why?

I have a couple of thoughts surrounding our play calls...McVay seems to be of the opinion that the pass is used to set up the run...for later in the game...I actually like that.
I believe that 3rd and 2 was the sack...allowed by Havenstein....still don't like Rob at RT...oh well....Kromer and Snead do...and they know more than us.....LOL

Never thought Pharoh was a big difference from Tavon....and his performance was/is called a choke job out here...he's a gritty returner...with some skill...but in a game like this...fumbling in the 1st quarter.,twice...meh. Some wanted Tavon cut for fumbles in the first week. I think we had like 2 ST returners in camp this year....were either given an extended look?

Ants

Starter
they were playing to WIN down the stretch...we took a week off and let Jimmy G. blow us out...

not experience...chemistry....biggest mistake of the season for McVay...I bet he learned a valuable lesson.

I don't think one serious team rested starters....not one....

False.
Pittsburgh. Even so, just false. :blah:

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Being an old fart, over the years I have seen teams that get the playoff bye week or are resting players as they have locked up a playoff spot as the Rams did, come out flat for the next game. It amazes me when this happens and can often see the team that was resting, is still coasting and out of sync when the game starts. It seems to me, this is what happened to the Rams. For this reason I am not a fan of resting so many players. Maybe playing then for half or three quarters would have been prudent. The Falcons sure did not look unrested, to me. Then again, I'm not a coach and don't play one on TV.... ;)

Ramzheart

Rookie
This narrative of ‘rest’ i keep hearing is completely wrong. We didn’t rest our players, we sat them so they wouldn’t be injured in a meaningless game. It’s not like we said ‘hey, good job guys, you’ve worked hard - have a day off’. It’s two completely different things.
Yeah, exactly and it's been happening for years, several teams didn't have the luxury to do it because they were either playing for placement or just to stay alive!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I do KNOW that the cohesion, continuity, and chemistry would have continued to get better....rather than stall or regress,
No.
You don't KNOW that, you THINK that.

The way you state your opinions as fact is a little different.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Look at the 4 teams that "earned" a rest...Pretty solid on all phases of the ball(especially offensively)...probably don't NEED to practice as much to remain cohesive, keep the chemistry....because all throughout the year they proved to be solid....in execution....

we weren't as solid...as evidenced by losses to various teams that we should have or could have beaten.....we can point to a couple games...were the "better" team lost. Yesterday wasn't one of those days...our offense...#1 scoring offense....was getting handled. Looked like we were off...rusty...like a game last week could have helped Goff...
It isn't illogical to speculate that we weren't in rhythm because of time off...in the practice the week before...and the game. We started slow for a reason.
Make up your mind, if Goff is a trailer what difference does it make if he played another week or rested- can't win the big game so you said!?
Your blurring your lines

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Make up your mind, if Goff is a trailer what difference does it make if he played another week or rested- can't win the big game so you said!?
Your blurring your lines
maybe he could complete a couple passes, be a lil more accurate...and the real stud, Gurley could get us to the next round...keep a lil interest in the season going.

He can't win the big game...he hasn't....ever. UCLA, USC, Stanford, Oregon....and I wanna say Utah too. Never...he's never rode the bench until last year...his dad was his coach until college. He was coddled...daddy-balled....

I once came on here...and said "Pat Haden could play a lil bit"....said the same about Jeff Rutledge...threw a mean deep ball...I could see some talent in Tony Banks....and got BLASTED....by some vets in here.....I just shrugged it off....cause, that's their opinions....why try to change them?....Theirs...not mine.

McVay put the game in Goff's hands...against a very fast defensive team. 45 attempts....I can't believe he wasted 15 of them on Kupp.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No.
You don't KNOW that, you THINK that.

The way you state your opinions as fact is a little different.
Practice makes perfect....the offense regressed from inactivity....the loss of timing....one day, the PLAYERS themselves will tell you as much.

As proof....name another team that rested their starters? I've already went over why I think Pitt did it...Cleveland Browns. Mike trying to do Hue a solid...

I would assume....that any opinion is a thought....there are only thoughts and opinions....to say they are facts, are assumptions....however....based on the actual play....what would a reasonable person THINK was the reason...the main reason...that timing patterns...that had been successfully executed all season....were a lil off? Why were passes late? Even the PLAYERS said, we started slow....watching the GAME...the defense seemed ready....was it because the majority of them played against SF? Didn't Aaron Donald appear a lil off? While Quinn was pretty solid....Weren't Barron and Ogletree just a bit off? Tru...just a bit....

The eye test....never lies....but if you don't know what the fuck you're looking at...it can't help you.

Tell the truth....why the constant replies to this point? What you mad about?

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't think experience is nearly as big of a deal as some claim. The Chiefs have playoff experience. The Titans did not. The Chiefs still choked away a 21-3 lead. The Falcons simply outplayed us today.
The chiefs are strattled with The Walrus....no teams find ways to lose playoff games like Andy Reid teams.

fearsomefour

Legend
Practice makes perfect....the offense regressed from inactivity....the loss of timing....one day, the PLAYERS themselves will tell you as much.

As proof....name another team that rested their starters? I've already went over why I think Pitt did it...Cleveland Browns. Mike trying to do Hue a solid...

I would assume....that any opinion is a thought....there are only thoughts and opinions....to say they are facts, are assumptions....however....based on the actual play....what would a reasonable person THINK was the reason...the main reason...that timing patterns...that had been successfully executed all season....were a lil off? Why were passes late? Even the PLAYERS said, we started slow....watching the GAME...the defense seemed ready....was it because the majority of them played against SF? Didn't Aaron Donald appear a lil off? While Quinn was pretty solid....Weren't Barron and Ogletree just a bit off? Tru...just a bit....

The eye test....never lies....but if you don't know what the freak you're looking at...it can't help you.

Tell the truth....why the constant replies to this point? What you mad about?
"The eye test never lies...."
Ok, that's a reasonable statement (blue font)
There have been tons of teams that have gone on to win titles in every sport that test starters down the stretch. The 99 Rams for one. The starters on O played the first half of the last game, some of the starters on D played none of the game. So a half is the magic number? A quarter? 8 plays?
It may have had an effect, it may not. There is no way of knowing and stating hindsight Monday morning nonsense is, well, nonsense.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The starters on O played the first half of the last game, some of the starters on D played none of the game. So a half is the magic number? A quarter? 8 plays?
It may have had an effect, it may not. There is no way of knowing
The QB played none...I'd assume that Mannion got most of the practice reps as well. He was "rusty"....eye test...or was he just inaccurate? Normal game for him? True...Monday morning is all we got...Eyes say we were the only division winner to "rest" starters on offense...except Pitt & KC ( wonder what happened to them:eek:). Eyes say our offense started slowly...Eyes say our defense came to play.

Nonsense huh?

Another "more pro-ready guy" I'm assuming too...No way of knowing that either...except now....monday morning style, we can all SEE...EYE TEST...that one obviously WAS more pro ready....more championship football ready....maybe:cautious: the better one for our team...

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
they were playing to WIN down the stretch...we took a week off and let Jimmy G. blow us out...

not experience...chemistry....biggest mistake of the season for McVay...I bet he learned a valuable lesson.

I don't think one serious team rested starters....not one....

So every team that had a bye week will lose this weekend? That's pretty much what you are implying

Q729

Legend
It's not rest. Cooper put us in a hole and gave those damn Falcons easy point opportunities (edit: ok, not fair to put it all on Coop. The one with the foot wasn't his fault). Loss. Fuck, the more I think about this the more it eats away. Never try to fool yourself into thinking the loss was okay since the season exceeded your expectation. Let the anger flooooow through you immediately! :shooting::fuelfire::puke::deadhorse::mad:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So every team that had a bye week will lose this weekend? That's pretty much what you are implying
Every team is different...at a different place...We are a young team...new offensive system, with a young QB and new weapons. Most will look rusty...out of sync....Every single one....the more experienced teams will shake it rather quickly.