What was your reaction to the game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I know some of you guys have to have some wild or funny stories about your reaction to how the game went. I’m looking forward to hearing them and sharing my experience.

I actually had a graduation party that unfortunately ended up being the same day as the game. I stumbled back to the house with a few of my friends from the party just in time to see the Julio Jones TD. Thankfully I warned my friends that they were about to witness an intensity like they had never before witnessed in sports fandom. @Selassie I was in front of the TV alternating between screaming profanities and holding his head in his hands. What happened next, I don’t think anyone could have foreseen.

After the Rams were effectively done with the 4th down play where Watkins was clearly held, my dad walked out of the house. I was trying to get past my own emotions about the loss when @Selassie I comes back in with an axe! AN AXE! Everyone in the room watched wide eyed for what he was about to do with an axe in the living room. He proceeded to shout he was going to kill someone and then left out the back door. Over the depressing sounds of the announcers stating the final score on TV, we could hear a faint chopping noise in the backyard. When he came back in, he said he just needed to go out and chop down a tree.

I just had to share that one. So lets hear some stories from you guys.

Psycho_X

Legend
I guess this story would have made more sense if I had known Selassie is your dad? I think is what I figured out after reading it several times lol. But chopping wood would have been a nice stress reliever.

No funny story for myself, I was pretty well hammered by the time the clock struck zero. All though I think my wife took advantage of me so it ended on a good note. I think at least.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know some of you guys have to have some wild or funny stories about your reaction to how the game went. I’m looking forward to hearing them and sharing my experience.

I actually had a graduation party that unfortunately ended up being the same day as the game. I stumbled back to the house with a few of my friends from the party just in time to see the Julio Jones TD. Thankfully I warned my friends that they were about to witness an intensity like they had never before witnessed in sports fandom. @Selassie I was in front of the TV alternating between screaming profanities and holding his head in his hands. What happened next, I don’t think anyone could have foreseen.

After the Rams were effectively done with the 4th down play where Watkins was clearly held, my dad walked out of the house. I was trying to get past my own emotions about the loss when @Selassie I comes back in with an axe! AN AXE! Everyone in the room watched wide eyed for what he was about to do with an axe in the living room. He proceeded to shout he was going to kill someone and then left out the back door. Over the depressing sounds of the announcers stating the final score on TV, we could hear a faint chopping noise in the backyard. When he came back in, he said he just needed to go out and chop down a tree.

I just had to share that one. So lets hear some stories from you guys.
Let's just say, I was NOT Fit company, and didn't want ANYONE around me!! I grabbed a quart of Rum and a quart of Coke and told everyone "I'll be on the Patio, Stay Away!!!"

Congratz on your Graduation Ramrasta, and give my Best to your Dad!!

socalrams90

Starter
I’m still not over it. Was at the game and the crowd deserved a win man. That place was electric.

To answer your thread just a long quiet ride home on the metro.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I was disappointed, but definitely not as flattened as that double OT loss to Carolina back in 2004.

I legitimately believe we'll be perennial playoff contenders for a while with McVay as our coach, and Goff as our QB.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Disappointed of course but it is only a game. We had a great season and although I realize that there are no guarantees I believe the Rams can get back to the playoffs next season.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I was really pissed at first, but then I thought about last year and the 10 before that.....I settled down and actually looked at the players with a warm smile. I knew this was just the beginning. Maybe we needed to start out slower and grow into a dynasty instead of 1999 through 2003 where it seemed like we jumped into it more.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FIRST QUARTER
200.gif

HALFTIME
200.gif

3RD QUARTER
200.gif

FINAL
200.gif

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yep...that about sums it up......

Followed by this...

giphy.gif

Name
Seth Griffith
I felt numb to be honest, as I clearly thought, and still do, that we were the better all around team. Between the slow start, the two turn overs on ST, and the few dropped passes, I still had hope until the Julio TD.

I feel like the offense looked almost "out of practice", or "rusty from no game action" the week prior. Just seemed like we came out flat as hell. Not the way you start a playoff game.

I sat quite and asked to be left alone for a bit, as I turned the TV off. I reflected, played the "what if" game on a couple situations I had just watched, then I was grateful to even be watching a playoff game. My next thoughts turned to, free agency, our core nucleus and the experience gained through the 2017 regular season and how that will translate to the future of our RAMS! Went to sleep mostly sad and a little angry. Woke up feeling better and ready to see what we do now...

Ram65

Legend
I stayed kinka evenly numb throughout the game but, was hopeful at the half.. The defense not stopping the Falcons third quarter drive added to the numbness. Still there was hope and the Rams hung for awhile longer. It was interesting reading all the reasons why everyone thought the Rams lost. No major tantrums. I wondered what would have happened without the fumbles

Last edited:

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
My heart drooped when that first fumble happened . Our D was playing so well and something like that just hurts . After the second fumble I could tell this was not our game .

Proud of this Team and they will only get better ...get your shades on boys the future is very bright .

Not many teams go from 4-12 to the playoffs, we are years ahead of predictions .

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
@T-REX nailed it for me lol.

I started the game with a nice Vodka and casually sipped because I wanted to remember the game lol. Never got my apps cooked because I wanted to wait a little. When we hit the half, I thought we were good and now we would take control of the game. At half I cooked my apps and poured another drink and got prepared for a well played second half. When the 4th quarter started I convinced myself not to get mad, but ass clowns from work (Pats Fans) kept texting me and it was pissing me off. Still thought we were going to win but when Higbee dropped the TD, I shut the game off because my phone and the announcers were annoying me. Started watching Netflix then heard the TV in the kitchen get loud and realized we got the ball back again. So, I start watching again, Watkins lets a TD float through his hands and finished my drink and passed out watching Netflix lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the 3rd quarter, I felt the same as the end of the 4th quarter of the Viking's game. Like 503 said, I m having trouble talking about this. But the positive part is that it was like a fever lifting, and my book reading increased for MA classes. I have to read 19 non-fiction books about North Korea and a historian's approach towards distilling historical information into what will become a graduate thesis paper. I wasn't planning on being this organized, so early into the semester..:cry:

Ellard80

Legend
The Seinfeld thing was about perfect.

I yelled and swore at the first muffed punt... but then after the 2nd I could see what the football gods had it store for me.

I think the last time I had any emotion was when Tree missed the tackle on 3rd down.

Ram65

Legend
@T-REX nailed it for me lol.

I started the game with a nice Vodka and casually sipped because I wanted to remember the game lol. Never got my apps cooked because I wanted to wait a little. When we hit the half, I thought we were good and now we would take control of the game. At half I cooked my apps and poured another drink and got prepared for a well played second half. When the 4th quarter started I convinced myself not to get mad, but ass clowns from work (Pats Fans) kept texting me and it was pissing me off. Still thought we were going to win but when Higbee dropped the TD, I shut the game off because my phone and the announcers were annoying me. Started watching Netflix then heard the TV in the kitchen get loud and realized we got the ball back again. So, I start watching again, Watkins lets a TD float through his hands and finished my drink and passed out watching Netflix lol.

Gave you an ouch because you had to deal with the Patsie fans. Bad enough for the loss. Get 'em back when the Steelers beat them!