What was your first car?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
mercury_sable.jpg

Gonna find me a Mercury and cruise it up down the road.

I got my parent's first car. Black, with a purple (yes purple) cloth interior. Threw some fuzzy dice in the mirror and I had the only pimp-mobile in high school.

250,000+ miles on this bitch...from Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, and Canada, this car saw a lot.
Love that song. My wife and I have seen David Lindley twice. He did my favorite rendition of the song.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tr3Jp_aF1Ok

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
82brandvold2ddb.jpg

82 Mustang 5.0

I called it the Mustake. That fucker was fast as hell... but terrible around corners. It was too light in the rear end. I can't believe I didn't kill myself driving it. I finally got rid of it when it tried to start itself in the driveway when I didn't even have the key in the ignition... the damn thing was possessed.

This pic looks exactly like the one I had.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Mine was a used 89 thunderbird turbo coupe.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 115

Psycho_X

Legend
View attachment 23694

82 Mustang 5.0

I called it the Mustake. That freaker was fast as hell... but terrible around corners. It was too light in the rear end. I can't believe I didn't kill myself driving it. I finally got rid of it when it tried to start itself in the driveway when I didn't even have the key in the ignition... the damn thing was possessed.

This pic looks exactly like the one I had.

My wife had an 87 when I met her. It was a 100 pound chasis with a 600 pound engine... exaggerating of course but not by much. The floor board eventually rusted out and one day riding in the passenger seat I almost fell through to the road while going 60 down the highway. Still have nightmares.

Mine was a used 89 thunderbird turbo coupe.

I had an 87 turbo tbird coupe for a while. I really liked that car.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
View attachment 23698

1977 Toyota Celica Liftback ...

108203_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

This was my moms car while I was growing up, ... I hated it as a kid, but she loved it until it finally wore out.
Tell you what, sure wish I had it now, it's worth a bloody fortune restored. Her salmon & white 'Met' travelled across the entire U.S. mainland and half of Canada in 1965. The top popped off for those nice days when you wanted a convertible.

She moved on to a yellow Celica and loved that car also until it died some 25 years later. She got more mileage out of a car than anyone I've ever known.

cel_pos3.jpg

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1974 Chevy Chevelle Malibu .
like the pic, ugly olive green (mine had no shine to it ). the only thing that worked properly on it was the clock on the dashboard. the exact time. this car is also the first and last time i used aluminum foil in the fuse box to keep things running (lights, heater fan, etc.) the fuses wouldnt stay in the box due to an aggressive rust issue.
despite all of its ugliness, the V8 400 4 bbl engine was fun to drive. never got stuck once in the snow that winter. ( I lived 13.6 miles from Erie , Pa, yes THAT Erie.) first time I ever "black joe'd " a trunk before selling it.

74chev74264-1.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1941 Cadillac

f91dcad68d02e4b224e091096ea65f0e--wedding-cars-antique-cars.jpg

(this isn't it, BTW... mine was in quite worse condition).

My father bought it off a funeral owner and thought he'd fix it up. He should have known better,,, he wasn't the least bit mechanically inclined.

So, it sat in our driveway for years... I got my license and there was nothing to drive except this old, rusted, moldy car.

My friends and I cleaned it up as best we could and it became my means of transportation.

"Three on the tree"... heater wouldn't turn off (not good in the summer)... and, like I said, not in very good shape. But it got us around town (and got us a lot of looks too).

Next car was a 1969 Olds Toronado... then a 1966 Dodge Dart (loved that car).

My car today?
new-kia-k900-flagship-sedan-unveiled-with-v6-and-v8-in-la-live-photos_1.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The family hand me down was my first car. It was nicknamed "the pig". I drove to high school when I was in 11th grade and picked up a buddy of mine. We would park in the spot the furthest away from the school so nobody would see us in it. The color was actually a darker green than this, and mug uglier, but you get the picture
3_54.jpg

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
775DB22A-0F8C-40B6-BD8C-687D32DDA633.png
0B4AE0D8-95D0-4D48-8A24-D484C03154EC.png

Top picture is the same model as my current car, I love it. Black BMW 3-Series so everyone knows I’m an arsehole without having to speak to me first!

The bottom one is an example of my first car, a 1.8 TDI VW golf. What a great car that was.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I still have nightmares about falling asleep and running into the back of a semi.

It wasn't a semi, but my best friend at the time and I drove that MGA (pictured earlier) from L.A. to San Francisco, then were off to Seattle & Vancouver, B.C. following our H.S. graduation in 1970. After an 18 hour drive and perhaps still an hour shy of Seattle, I fell asleep at the wheel, then suddenly woke up startled to finding myself driving down a grass median in a little valley separating north/south traffic along the freeway. Why we survived i'll never know, but that could have ended being a much worse day. I vowed to never drive more than 12 hours at a time since, and have stuck to it.

Tano

Legend
I had a Datsun 210 Hatchback

I called it the Gutless Wonder

Gutless is self explanatory

Wonder because it was a wonder I got anywhere with it

I remember my first time I drove it, my friend and I were asked if we wanted to race.

Needless to say, we were left in the dust.

I think I got up to 60 in about 2 minutes.

And if there was a slight incline going up, I was lucky to get to 40

And I can't seem to find a picture that looks anything like it

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
34435_e84fa3540f_low_res.jpg

My dad died when I was 16 with me being a junior in high school. I had used my grandfathers 1960 Mercury Comet just a few weeks prior to get my license after taking a Drivers Ed. class in H.S.
I inherited dad's 1959 MGA in the summer of 1969 because no one else in the family could drive a stick shift. It was a cool car and would max out at 120 MPH. Of course, I also wore his English style driving cap even though my hair length reached near the bottom of my back.

What happened to the car? I'm curious........

My second car was a blue 61 Austin Healey Sprite.

It's a beauty and would be fun to drive around in today for sure.

So we we're actually impaired throughout the whole course.

HAHA, did you ever get pulled over for DUI and tell the officer "I got this" because you took the class stoned??? That would have been a hoot.

82 Mustang 5.0

In 1988 I bought a brand spanking new Mustang GT, blue with silver ground wrap around effects. I lived up north of course (as you know) and didn't have it very long before I figured out NOT to punch it going around a corner in even the slightest rain. And driving it in the winter was literally a workout because it was a stick.

But on a warm summer evening on the freeway or a long empty road that car was a pleasure to drive.

It was a cement ripper.

Black BMW 3-Series so everyone knows I’m an arsehole without having to speak to me first!

Hahahah.............awesome.

My first car was a beastly Grand Prix, this color combo but nowhere NEAR this condition. The cheap ass vinyl was cracked and peeling and there was it's share of rust being from the CLE area.

It has a 400 under the hood and would scoot when you floored it, but handled like shit. Of course the shocks were in bad shape and I was a broke ass so never replaced tham. Nice back seat though.

1971-pontiac-grand-prix-design.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
What happened to the car? I'm curious........

No problems with the MGA on the Canada camping trip, but on the return home we were stopped at the border by Canadian customs and they tore the car apart after seizing a gold wire roach clip from my side panel. We had a large folded WWII canvas tent on the rack of the trunk lid, and it was a bitch to repack in the rain, customs thought they had us when they discovered a hidden, built-in metal box behind the drivers seat, but that was the battery compartment. We had dumped the last few grams of weed just prior to hitting the border, but they never looked deep inside my chapstick where there was a single tab of acid leftover. :LOL:

I've smoked pot from the age of 15 right up to now at 65, and never been busted for that or anything else.

As for the vehicle, I pretty much drove it into the ground, finally trying to race a '67 GTO on the freeway, went head to head for just short of 30 minutes until my little 4 cylinder blew out. It was a tough car to give up, but servicing it became a nightmare and I became very aware of Lucas replacement parts during this period, so I sold it and moved on. I was always speeding and was very lucky to have never been ticketed in it, especially going to the beach frequently in record time, ... it cornered great and got decent mileage, but I needed something that could hold a few more people at the time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
1966 Ford Fairlane. It was even this color.

It was old when I got it....

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
The family hand me down was my first car. It was nicknamed "the pig". I drove to high school when I was in 11th grade and picked up a buddy of mine. We would park in the spot the furthest away from the school so nobody would see us in it. The color was actually a darker green than this, and mug uglier, but you get the picture
3_54.jpg

goober wGON.jpg

This was what our family "goober wagon" looked like. In high school, I was given the privilege
of driving it to school, before I was able to get my own car. Somehow my mom was ok being left without wheels all day. I had to drive over a hill and hit about 7 stop signs on the way back down the hill to school. (n)

I think I went through about 3 sets of breaks my senior year. My step-dad was pretty pissed off. :LOL:

*by the way, the "goober wagon" was named because of the looks of the vehicle. NOT the look of the vehicle with me behind the wheel. I raised the "cool factor" significantly when I was driving it. :unsure:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was a 72 Chevy Vega.
My dad picked it up at an auction for $100. Put a new water pump in it and sold it to me for cost. Kept that car for about 6 months until I saved enough to by a nicer car.

It wasn't nearly this clean. Pretty beat up actually. But in ran. That was enough for me.

598bcdb94477a267477a744b0b8b7abb.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
1982 Crossfire Z28. Looked identical to the one below down to the color. I saved up for 2 years for it and bought it a year before I could drive it legally. MAN was that a painful year!! I must have washed it 30 times before ever driving it on main roads, haha. Only thing I was missing was the mullet at that point.....

1982_Camaro_Z28.jpg