What was the best team never to win a Super Bowl?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
http://www.talkoffamenetwork.com/po...-was-the-best-team-never-to-win-a-super-bowl/

Posted by Jon Watson on February 18, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Poll Question 2-18-15 – What was the best team never to win a Super Bowl?
What was the best team never to win a Super Bowl?
1969 Vikings - QB Joe Kapp was the MVP, the 12-2 Vikings led the league in points on offense and the Purple People Eaters allowed the fewest points on defense. Minnesota was a 12-point favorite but lost the Super Bowl to Kansas City, 23-7.
1983 Redskins - Became the first NFL team to score 500 points in a season. QB Joe Theismann the NFL MVP honors and Hall of Famer John Riggins had a career year with 1,347 yards and 24 TDs. Redskins went 14-2 but lost to Raiders, 38-9, in Super Bowl.
1990 Bills - The first – and best — of Buffalo’s four consecutive AFC champions (1990-93). Ranked in the Top 10 in both offense and defense and led the NFL in scoring. Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly won his only NFL passing title in 1990. Lost Super Bowl to Giants, 20-19.
2007 Patriots - NFL MVP and league passing champ Tom Brady threw for 4,806 yards and 50 TDs and Patriots took an 18-0 record to the Super Bowl, losing there to the Giants, 17-14. WRs Randy Moss caught an NFL record 23 TD passes that year.

Greg Stone

Rookie
sorry to be the grammar police but that is the stupidest headline I've seen this week. "never" means "never" whereas the article cites teams that didn't win the Superbowl in a particular year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd have to go with 2001 Rams and the Bills team that lost the heartbreaker to the Giants. Both teams were "Belicheated."

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The 76-80 Rams, the Bills teams, esp. that second time there with Thurman Thomas & Kelly..That 86 Bears team....That Rams team, that went 14-2 and was cheated...2002 I'd guess...

Athos

Legend
Rams.

And that Cardinal team with Warner that never should have lost to the Steelers. Okay, maybe not best, but still. Shouldn't have lost that game.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
sorry to be the grammar police but that is the stupidest headline I've seen this week. "never" means "never" whereas the article cites teams that didn't win the Superbowl in a particular year.
Wouldn't what you propose be properly worded as "Best franchise to never win the Superbowl?" I thought it was pretty well understood that each franchise fields a different "team" every year.

I would have to say the 2007 Patriots. I mean, 16-0!

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Since you decided to introduce "stupidest" allow me to say that anyone with half a brain understood the OP's meaning (but hey, thank God you set it right) pretty much uncalled for.

Last edited:

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
The 2001 Rams were the best team I have ever seen! Screw the 2007 Cheaters, that Rams team was as close to perfect as any team I have ever seen.

From my seat in section 433, I saw it all that year. Those receivers were open on every single play, all year long. Warner literally had to pick how big of a play he wanted to have when he threw the ball. Marshall was a monster at the top of his game then as well. That squad was magic!

I think that the 1998 Vikings team had the chance to be special as well, but they couldn't seal the deal.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Don't even have to look it up

Dan Marino gets my vote

Johnny U runner up
Your just talking of QB's that haven't Won a SB. If you want to talk "Player's" that never Won a SB, I'd have to put Deacon Jones, and Jack Youngblood pretty High up their!!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're being homers if we say our 2001 Rams were the best team not to win it. We are certainly in the conversation, but the best HAS to be the 2007 Patriots. 16-0 in the regular season and they did by DESTROYING teams. Plus 19.7 pts per game, while the 2001 Rams were plus 14.4.

The 2001 Rams are probably the 4th or 5th best team overall not to win it.