What Vikings Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, I agree. I love old school football, but taking a QB'a legs out (knees) way after the throw is just dirty. I'm not going to dis the Rams D, they are for real. Once you guys get a QB, this club is SB.

Your defense did the same exact thing.

ya, no, Kendricks last week rookie, of the week, helps too.

Both teams had injuries. That's the NFL.

But the Rams were missing 7 starters...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Jesus, I'd love to have that talk if someone took TG out like that.

Like what? Would TG be sliding like that expecting to gain easy yardage or would his shoulders have been square and his legs driving? Players going for his legs? Cause he got hit in the legs about every play, it's how you tackle strong runners. You're not going to find inconsistency here on this subject. I get that you don't agree, that's fine, but stop trying to play gotcha.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
If they're going to let the QBs slide then they need to try to have some sort of rule where they need to slide before defenders are within a certain distance of them. These guys are flying around so fast. If a qb waits until the last second to slide, these guys are going to hit them still. We are going to see these types of plays happening multiple times a year until they try a little more to prevent them.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Not so hard when Rams fans want to compare Gurley to Peterson. MN was also without a starting DT. Floyd was out as well. But his backup Joseph did just fine.

I agree, both teams were missing key players today. Pretty much every team is missing players this time of year, thats why you have a 53 man roster, for depth. Cant take anything away from the vikings win, the Rams blew it, they had their chances. Good physical game, minnesota dared the Rams to throw the ball and they couldnt get the job done. Officials sucked and missed calls on both teams and made calls where no foul occurred. Hell it took them 3 tries to get the call right on Tru22s int. And they over reacted to the hit TB chose to take instead of sliding to avoid the hit, its always bad to see any player knocked unconcious, but that alone does not make it a penalty.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
One dirty play on the hit on TB, if you can't see that you're a homer. With that said, a lot of missed/stupid calls by the refs going both ways. I saw PI via Vikings and Rams on plays that if NE was playing you would see. Good Game, and like I said, the Rams are for real, you have a D, now get a QB and you are rollin. Shawn Hill...... Well I see why you let him go.

Well thrn call me a Homer. Yea of course the announcers said it 5 times they were riding the vikes jock all game much like the refs. What I saw in replay after replay is Rams player spinning away from contact barley grazing teddy b and teddy b acting like he got knocked the fuck out to get the call then run scared into the locker room as to not take any real injury in a tough fought game

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
It's the risk QB's take by running. You run, you get hit. Joyner got flagged and an impending fine. It's over.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If they're going to let the QBs slide then they need to try to have some sort of rule where they need to slide before defenders are within a certain distance of them. These guys are flying around so fast. If a qb waits until the last second to slide, these guys are going to hit them still. We are going to see these types of plays happening multiple times a year until they try a little more to prevent them.

I have watched the replay over and over, if TB slides before Joyner lowers his shoulder to make the stop Joyner is probably able to completely miss TB, but TB slid as the contact was about to happen, Joyner tried to pull off, but it was to late. As stated above it was a glancing blow.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
rolling up on Knees and targeting them are sooo different, if you don't see that there is no point of continuing this conversation.

It wasn't targetting. If a defender wants to tear a QBs ACL he will get the job done in the course of a game. Rushing the QB and falling on the way in happens and a defender is not going to stop trying to reach the QB in that instance. Maybe the OLineman shouldn't have knocked him down on his way to the QB.

Watch the dive that caused he concussion more closely. The Rams DBs hit hard and after battling two mobile QBs that gashed them over the years by running, they know full well that if a QB is running and you get to him before he goes down, it is a legal hit as a ball carrier, and McLeod was trying to get there to in a hurry to reach Bridgewater before he went down. At the last second McLeod tried to roll away from the hit, but he didn't get all of the way to he side and heads collided. If McLeod wanted to drill TB he would have hit him straight on without rolling left. If his intent was to injure, he would not have tried to roll left.

That announcer who kept calling it a dirty hit is a fool. The other guy even said it looked like McLeod try to avoid the hit.

I usually sympathize with fans who lose players to injury until I listen to them rant bout it being dirty. If a team plays hard people will get injured now and then. It is a violent game. But by your measure the Rams defenders should have stood and watched Bridgewater run by them instead of trying to make a hit that causes him to slide. Shit happens.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sendejo tried. Difference between TG and Teddy was that TG didn't slide. He got tripped up and blasted by Sendejo.

In fact, players are trying to do that to Gurley on every single down. But Gurley doesn't get protection and nobody expects him to slide.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We got beat on the lines again. Reminded me of the foreskins game. If we had a semblance of an offense, we pull away in second half. Congrats to the Vikes fans. They beat a strange Rams team today.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Also, Joiner absolutely pulled UP on that hit. Tried to roll the opposite way even. Its football. Get over it.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
I agree, both teams were missing key players today. Pretty much every team is missing players this time of year, thats why you have a 53 man roster, for depth. Cant take anything away from the vikings win, the Rams blew it, they had their chances. Good physical game, minnesota dared the Rams to throw the ball and they couldnt get the job done. Officials sucked and missed calls on both teams and made calls where no foul occurred. Hell it took them 3 tries to get the call right on Tru22s int. And they over reacted to the hit TB chose to take instead of sliding to avoid the hit, its always bad to see any player knocked unconcious, but that alone does not make it a penalty.
You guys really need to learn about the slides. The Rule is this, when a QB goes down feet forward he is giving himself up. Period. Teddy went feet forward. Any hit on the QB once he does that is a penalty. Period. Even if the Defensive player trips and lands on top of the QB.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
TG would have tried to run through or around the defender, you are comparing apples to oranges. TB chose to take that hit maybe he shoulda stayed on his feet instead of sliding as the hit was coming, also Joyner tried to turn his body to avoid the hit once TB started to slide

mst1981

Rookie
We got beat on the lines again. Reminded me of the foreskins game. If we had a semblance of an offense, we pull away in second half. Congrats to the Vikes fans. They beat a strange Rams team today.

If our offense was even average we'd be at worst 6-2 right now. It's so frustrating considering how good our defense is.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
let's have that talk in 2 years... He's a Rookie, remind me what what Ogletree did as a Rookie?

We are talking about what made a difference THIS game. I don't care if Kendricks is Ray Lewis in two years, it makes no difference to the game that was just played. 4 of the Rams top defenders were out today.

Name
josey wales
Lol, don't compare losing Kendricks to losing an all pro DE, former all pro DE, and the leader of our secondary. Oh yea, we are missing Ogletree too. It doesn't compare, man.

So missing our starting DROY candidate MLB, our dominate 3 technique DT, Sharrif Floyd, 3 starting offensive lineman, and losing our QB in the 4th QTR of an OT victory doesn't count?

Cool.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Even if the Defensive player trips and lands on top of the QB.

That's not true. Plenty of defensive players fall on the QB with a feet first slide. The issue is with the rule itself. I've seen it exploited before, and Teddy had a late slide in this game. Paid the price for it. We aren't going to sit here and say Joyner did the right thing, but it wasn't dirty. He just made a wrong decision. You guys really need to get over your hate for G. Williams. All NFL fans do for that matter. It's getting quite old anytime we hit someone hard NFL fans wish ill will on him. (not you directly on this last sentence, NFL fans in general).

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
So missing our starting DROY candidate MLB, our dominate 3 technique DT, Sharrif Floyd, 3 starting offensive lineman, and losing our QB in the 4th QTR of an OT victory doesn't count?

How many of those guys were just out this week? And how many have you played a couple of weeks with? We are also missing one of our top corners for the year in EJ Gaines. You caught our defense on a weak game, grats.