What Vikings Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The STL pass rush will be a real issue, but I think Norv is going to try to just win this one the old fashioned way and AP can definitely carry us to a win here.

come%2Bat%2Bme.gif

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The problem with the Viking fans is that they still think 2012 is relevant to 2014. AP is still in the news talking about getting mad. Really, 2 yrs ago? Half of both teams have changed.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The way Vikings fans talk, you'd think they were very seriously a playoff team. As in, like there's a snowball's chance in hell that they even beat the Packers at home?

Newsflash... the Vikes are probably going to go 1-5 in the division...presuming they don't get shut out or Chicago or Detroit don't implode.

At least my optimism is ground in reality... based on things I've seen.
It's St. Louis' year to be healthy. That's gonna start at home against a Vikes team that will wonder "wha happn'd?"

whitehops

UDFA
Yeah. As we know all too well... new offenses TAKE TIME to install. And one off-season ain't enough.

i'm a little frustrated that I can't find the research (I thought I knew exactly where to find the article... grrr) but in the first year of norv turner coming to a new team the offense has always improved from the year before and sometimes by a considerable margin. the rams D will certainly be a challenge, however.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
i'm a little frustrated that I can't find the research (I thought I knew exactly where to find the article... grrr) but in the first year of norv turner coming to a new team the offense has always improved from the year before and sometimes by a considerable margin. the rams D will certainly be a challenge, however.

Well when you think about it that's kind of a loaded stat because if a new OC is coming in then that likely means the offense sucked last year...

Not quite:

Dallas 26th/7th
Washington 25/13th
San Diego 26th/14th
Miami 8th/12th
Oakland 26th/18th
San Francisco 30th/26th
San Diego 1st/5th
Cleveland 24th/27th

5 of 8, none have got particularly worse to be fair.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27589&start=60
This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The St. Louis Rams

Explode? You need an offense to score 33 points.

Don't want to be disrespectful, either. But you guys weren't exactly The Greatest Show on Turf BEFORE Bradford went down. Now you're starting a journeyman QB with a 15-15 career record, and you think your guy is even equal to Cassel? Please. And who else do you have on offense? Tavon Austin? Not a guy who can dominate. Peterson can dominate. Patterson can dominate (don't believe it? Check out any of the last 6 games of last year -- he's already broken out). When this game is over, you may well be asking why your team took Austin ahead of Patterson. He's that good.

I won't be so foolish as to say we'll go in there and kick your a$$es. We're the underdogs, and having not won a road game all last season, we should be. But blow us out? Not gonna happen, mate. And don't be surprised if we upset the Rams.
-------------
Unfortunately for you and the Rams, this is not the 2013 Vikings.

We have a completely new coaching staff - and I don't think ANYONE will argue when I say this is for the better.

Completely different QB situation - again, way over on the 'better' side of the dial.

Revamped D - remains to be seen, but with the talent there and new coaching I'll say this will be much improved (can't get worse lol)

If you were playing the 2013 Vikes, you'd probably win.

The 2014 Vikes? Well....

33-10 Vikes.
-----------------
I've never disliked the rams in the past and enjoyed watching their super bowl teams, but I really hope the Vikings win this game. I can't stand Greg Williams. He's got to be the coach/coordinator I like the least in the entire league.
--------------
I think the Rams overall talent level is better than the Vikings. The problem if you're a Rams fan is that the talent at QB is a little sketchy. Hill is a competent backup but going into the season with him as the starter ... good luck with that.

Interesting that neither Greg Robinson (#2 overall) or Aaron Donald (#13 overall) are starters on their depth chart (although I'm sure Donald will be in the rotation). Thought for sure Robinson would start the season at OG but apparently he couldn't beat out Davin Joseph. Probably due to the run heavy offense at Auburn and his lack of pass blocking in college. I like the talent level on the Rams OL (Long, Saffold, Wells, Joseph and Barksdale). They have a much better chance against our front 7 than we do against the Rams front 7.

One thing I'm hoping for is that Norv works a miracle and turns the Vikings into a team that can be effective running screen plays. That can be a great way to slow down a team with a great pass rush like the Rams and a nice counter-punch for some of the wild blitzes that Gregg Williams is known for. I've never felt the Vikings have been particularly good at setting up screen plays over the years especially when compared to the Packers (ugh, that was hard to say).
--------------
I'm sure Munnerlyn will be the guy tasked with shutting down Austin...Austin would eat Rhodes for lunch out of the slot. Rhodes is almost certainly going to be locked up on Britt and/or Quick. Britt will look like his old self? So, he'll look like an average wide receiver? I fear that. No, the key to the game will be stuffing the Rams running attack and forcing Hill to beat us. The guy hasn't thrown a pass in two years, he hasn't started a game in four.

And, I don't know where people are getting this idea that Hill has torched us in the past. In four prior games against the Vikings, Hill has thrown for 771 yards, 5 tds and 4 picks, and is 1-3. Not that any of that matters, since the last time he played us was the final game of the 2010 season. I believe exactly zero players from that secondary will be on the field Sunday. For all the success Zac Stacy did have last year, he did average less than 4 yards a carry and had three games in his last five last year in which he averaged 1, 1.8, and 3.15.

He's a decent running back for a team with an average OL...we should not have too much trouble containing him. Jospeh is healthy, Floyd is a year older and hopefully better, Robison has always been stout against the run (a big reason I like him more than Allen) and Brinkley is good for exactly one thing...stuffing the run. I see no reason we can't contain this offense. Yes, Austin gives them the ever present threat of the big play, and you have to account for him, but he can't beat you himself, he isn't the type of receiver who can completely take over a game.
As for offensively, aside from Donald, this is the same defense (and our same OL) that AP put 212 yards on in 2012. Will he do that again? Probably not, but he'll hit enough big runs to put up a century. Cassel is poised enough to handle a fierce pass rush, and Jennings, Patterson and Rudolph should be able to exploit a secondary that is missing one of it's starters. In the end, if the OL line keeps Cassel upright for the bulk of the game (2 sacks or less) we'll win.
Vikings 20
Rams 17
----------------
Concerns are Massel getting happy feet in the pocket, poor pass protection, containing Zac Stacy
----------------
Outside Patterson our receivers really not good?
confused.gif
icon_lol.gif
I hope the Rams defense thinks that way also.
---------------
Grew to hate the Rams when I was young. Still traumatized when Jack Youngblood body slammed Kramer on the ground. Think I learned the word 'convulsion' that day.
--------------
I would like to state that the rams do not have more talent. Joseph is a 1 technique tackle, he doesn't need much of a scheme, he's not a linebacker. He eats space, just like big pat did.

Vikings Oline is hazy, they are erratic. Good yes, consistent, no.

Vikings lost their best pass rusher, when he was in his prime. Now, what we have is two hungry beasts. Everyone talks about the rams front four, and what the vikings did last year. But discounting a new defensive genius coach and a youth injection along the front 4. 3 new starters, 4 if you count (or discount as you already did) Anthony Barr, the #9 pick in the draft, who is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Kid is a monster.

Discounting that Harrison Smith is better than both of your safeties, and now has his college partner starting alongside him. Discounting that Greenway, as much as people around these boards don't like him, is usually up with the nfl leaders in tackles and makes big plays. Rhodes is no joke and neither is Munnerlyn.

Arguably the best running back ever. Patterson is JUST AS FAST as austin except bigger and harder to bring down. Only reason he didn't win ROY was because of Leslie Frazier. Pro Bowl MVP Kyle Rudolph>whatever Tight end the rams have. Jennings is solid as they get. How do the rams have more talent? explain?
---------------
I hope I am wrong, but I've begun to think this game could be tough for us to win. I just worry about the offense, in an unfriendly atmosphere, it will be loud, and the Rams pass rush could be fierce if we get down a score or two. At this point, I am of the opinion that we lose, 21-10.
--------------
Goessling: Speaking of players who might be causing nightmares for opponents, what kind of a challenge is Matt Kalil in for with Robert Quinn? He handled him well the last time they met, but how has Quinn progressed in the past two years, and how has he looked under Gregg Williams?

Wagoner: Kalil is in for one of the most difficult challenges he’ll face in this league. Quinn had 19 sacks and seven forced fumbles last year, but there are those at Rams Park who believe he’s only scratched the surface of his potential. Quinn has freakish athleticism, which allows him to bend and contort his body in ways most tackles never see while maintaining his speed. He is able to win around the edge more often than not, but he’s also developed better hand usage and counters over the past couple of years under the guidance of defensive line coach Mike Waufle.

With Williams leading the defense, the Rams want to be more aggressive in all areas, which means he can dial up blitzes, but Williams has never had a front four like this one. That should allow him to get plenty of heat on the quarterback without having to call those blitzes as much. It should make the Rams more multiple and allow Williams to do some unique things with Quinn and his line mates.
---------------
Rams signed Mike Remmers to their PS today.

Sneaky.

Looks like we'll need to change-up our protection calls at the line of scrimmage (among other things).
---------------
A Rams win by 20 when you're 3.5 point favorites starting a backup quarterback? The only teams that have beaten this team by more than 20 last year were the Panthers and Seahawks and Bengals as Road games. Do you really think this team with a backup quarterback is equal to a healthy Seahawks or Bengals at home?

Maybe they win by a field goal to a touchdown. A 3 touchdown win is just a silly thing to predict when you've got a backup.
---------------
There are those who believe that Hill is the better QB.
---------------
This game should be decided by the Defense's not the QB's.
----------------
The Rams have a great line but their DBs can be exposed and we have a pretty good set of pass catching fellas out there. Fisher doesn't know offense and Schotty runs one of the most vanilla schemes in the NFL.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
33-10???

I sure hope that man has a designated driver... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Athos

Legend
What an arrogant bunch of pricks for a team that lost 3 in a row, then 4 in a row, including teams like the BrownBaggers, a mediocre Giants team. They faced one defense like the Rams last season and got blown out by the Hags.

Look forward to turning Cassel into a bruised pile of meat.

A55VA6

Legend
Vikings fans are talking like they're the Seahawks or something. Can't wait to see us beat them down tomorrow.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
this is the only "house" he's going to visit on his first carry.
outhouse%20lrg%202%20holer%20and%201%20holer-sized.jpg

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27589&start=60
This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The St. Louis Rams

Explode? You need an offense to score 33 points.

Don't want to be disrespectful, either. But you guys weren't exactly The Greatest Show on Turf BEFORE Bradford went down. Now you're starting a journeyman QB with a 15-15 career record, and you think your guy is even equal to Cassel? Please. And who else do you have on offense? Tavon Austin? Not a guy who can dominate. Peterson can dominate. Patterson can dominate (don't believe it? Check out any of the last 6 games of last year -- he's already broken out). When this game is over, you may well be asking why your team took Austin ahead of Patterson. He's that good.

I won't be so foolish as to say we'll go in there and kick your a$$es. We're the underdogs, and having not won a road game all last season, we should be. But blow us out? Not gonna happen, mate. And don't be surprised if we upset the Rams..
-----------------
I've never disliked the rams in the past and enjoyed watching their super bowl teams, but I really hope the Vikings win this game. I can't stand Greg Williams. He's got to be the coach/coordinator I like the least in the entire league.
--------------
I think the Rams overall talent level is better than the Vikings. The problem if you're a Rams fan is that the talent at QB is a little sketchy. Hill is a competent backup but going into the season with him as the starter ... good luck with that.

Interesting that neither Greg Robinson (#2 overall) or Aaron Donald (#13 overall) are starters on their depth chart (although I'm sure Donald will be in the rotation). Thought for sure Robinson would start the season at OG but apparently he couldn't beat out Davin Joseph. Probably due to the run heavy offense at Auburn and his lack of pass blocking in college. I like the talent level on the Rams OL (Long, Saffold, Wells, Joseph and Barksdale). They have a much better chance against our front 7 than we do against the Rams front 7..
---------------
Grew to hate the Rams when I was young. Still traumatized when Jack Youngblood body slammed Kramer on the ground. Think I learned the word 'convulsion' that day.
--------------
I didn't realize the Vikings Road record was so Good! And I am ashamed that Jack Youngblood treated Kramer so badly, and Traumatized this poor Kid! On be-Half of Rams Fans everywhere I want to Say I'm Sorry!! Not!!

whitehops

UDFA
Not quite:

Dallas 26th/7th
Washington 25/13th
San Diego 26th/14th
Miami 8th/12th
Oakland 26th/18th
San Francisco 30th/26th
San Diego 1st/5th
Cleveland 24th/27th

5 of 8, none have got particularly worse to be fair.

I stand corrected. maybe the research I saw used a more 'favourable' metric?

thanks for clearing that up btw

fearsomefour

Legend
Let me get this straight.....

-Last year, the Rams had the 4th hardest schedule in football, and the Vikings had the 13th hardest.
-The Rams lost their starting quarterback for the season, and the Vikings did not.
-Despite the Vikings' schedule and injury advantage, the Rams won 2 more games.
-The Vikings were winless on the road last year, and the Rams were 5-3 at home.
-The Rams hired one of the best defensive coordinators in the NFL to replace an overmatched first year DC.
-Shaun Hill has a better career passer rating than Matt Cassel by almost 6 points, while playing for much worse teams than Cassel.

....And yet, the Vikings have a 75% chance of winning this game?
tumblr_m9cckmRlJK1rd2qw6o1_400.gif
Not to mention the Vikings have a rookie head coach making his debut.