What Vikings Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Rams (0-0)
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=553001

Game 1

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif
at
NFL_Rams.gif

When: 1:00 PM EST September 7th
Where: Edward Jones Dome (St. Louis, MO)
TV/Radio: Fox (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Unknown

Rams - Unknown

Vikings lead the series against the LA/St. Louis Rams 24-16-2 (5-2 in the playoffs), and have won 3 out of the last 4, with the last 2 wins both held at the ED Jones Dome. The last time these 2 teams faced in September was Week 2 of the 1998 season also at the EDJones Dome (known then as the TWA Dome).

In that game (a 38-31 Vikings victory), Vikings legend Robert Smith rushed for 179 yds on 23 carries and Randy Moss had 6 receptions for 89 yds. Defense was the story, however, as the Vikings picked off Rams' QB Tony Banks 4 times (Robert Griffith had 2 of them) and Gary Anderson had 5 FGs. This put them at 2-0, in what would eventually be a 15-1 regular season.
------------------
I call Vikings win this one in a close game.

The Rams are probably a bit deflated by losing Bradford for the season and Zimmer will have the team playing hard for the opener.

The STL pass rush will be a real issue, but I think Norv is going to try to just win this one the old fashioned way and AP can definitely carry us to a win here.

I think the Vikings DL is really going to surprise some people, and I think the Rams are going to have some really tough sledding to get points on the board.
---------------
My guess is 24-13 - Vikings win

Close game until about the late 3rd or early 4th when we go up by 10 + and then hold them off.

SKOL !!!
--------------
Vikings offense looked very smooth and the defense is a complete 180 from last years. Vikings win 27-23.
-------------
I can't stand the Rams. Vikings win, 536-3.
----------------
We all can name the Viking heartbreak games over the years, but we tend to forget the heartbreak we inflicted. We kept the Rams out of the Superbowl for the decade of 1967 to 1976.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f6sxngLcBQ

Check out some old footage of some great Viking wins over the Rams.
-----------------
You hate to say that a Week 1 game is must win, but looking at the next 4-5 games after, this game is huge.

With Bradford out, MN has a great chance of winning.
----------------
I don't know... I never like the Vikings chances on the road, and their defense looks like it could be legit good. Their offense wasn't HORRIBLE with Clemens last year (they nearly beat Seattle).

If the Vikings win, it's going to be a close one, with a lot of Adrian Peterson.

I'm not totally confident in this one.
--------------
I think its gonna be a really close game, Cassel will struggle in this game vs that vaunted Rams front 7. They are gonna be in his face all day.

Id say something like 24-20 Vikings. If Bradford were playing id probably have picked the Rams to win.

iced

lol

yea I can't wait to see how their offense looks against teams actually blitzing... I am not scared of their quarterbacks at all

fancents86

Starter
"I can't stand the Rams"... Why? What have we done in the last 10 yrs that has aggravated someone so much? All we've done is lost lol.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As much as I respect Norv Turner and as good of a coach as he is, I don't think this game will bode well for Minnesota. A new offensive system against an extremely talented front 7, the best DL in the NFL, and a blitz happy DC sounds like a really bad mix for Minnesota.

Plus, I think Matt Cassel sucks. He's terrible under pressure and, imo, we'll have a couple balls that come our defenses way...just have to capitalize on them.

I think the Rams take this game behind an offense that grinds out points and manages the game well and a strong defensive effort.

Slappy967

Starter
I can't stand the Vikings for getting the bob n weave banned. Well their coach at the time but still I have not forgot.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
----------------
We all can name the Viking heartbreak games over the years, but we tend to forget the heartbreak we inflicted. We kept the Rams out of the Superbowl for the decade of 1967 to 1976.

---

okay about the guy who wrote that..... fuck him hard fast and continuously...... he conveniently left out that they lost all 4 Super Bowls

It made that 99 playoff win so sweet...... if they would have scored another 20 points on the Vikings I would have loved it even more

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
"I can't stand the Rams"... Why? What have we done in the last 10 yrs that has aggravated someone so much? All we've done is lost lol.

I can see why. I have been a RAMS fan since 1969, and I hate the ViKQueens. Fran Tarkenton broke my heart a few times during my youth when the RAMS and vikings played. I will tell you I hate them as much as the seachickens, 40-whiners and cowgirls.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
MN_Norseman Breaks Down the Vikings 2014 Schedule
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/8/29/6075339/mn-morseman-breaks-down-the-vikings-2014-schedule

Week 1 - @ Rams

In my book, this should be a win for the Vikings. With Shaun Hill at QB, their passing attack is diminished and the Vikings are looking very good against the run this year. Those of you drafting RB Zac Stacy in your fantasy leagues, I don't recommend playing him Week 1.

I'm forseeing lots of blitzes in our future...The Rams offensive line was god awful last year allowing 53 sacks over the course of the 2013 season. For you non-math wiz types - that's 3.3 sacks/game.

On the other side of the ball, week 1 will be our first chance to see our brand new offense go up against, what many people consider, a top 5 defense. For that, I am VERY excited. Forget this preseason nonsense, let's see how we hold up drive for drive against the Rams. It should give us a great idea of where we are at in the league offensively. The defense of the Rams has their main strength in their pass rush, so it's up to our offensive line to keep us on the field in this one.

Prediction - Vikings Win (1-0) - It may end up being a struggle to move the ball at times, but I believe in the end our defense will carry us through. (crazy thought, I know, I know.)

Chance of Vikings Victory: 75%
-----------------

rams vs Viking predictions
http://thevikingnation.proboards.com/thread/31641/rams-viking-predictions

Vikings 27

Rams 23

I think the rams are going to move the ball a bit, but from what I saw of the limited vanilla new defense in preseason, I think they Will struggle to score 6 against us in the red zone. I think Patterson is going to catch a deep 1 for 6.
---------------
With Bradford out and vikes new defense I don't see them marching the field. I see a low scoring game because rams d is pretty good. I say 16-9 vikes
---------------
23-0 Vikes.
---------------
23-13 vikes take it
---------------
Vikings 19-10
---------------
I think it's going to be higher scoring then you guys think for both teams.
---------------
Vikings 24
Rams 13

The Rams defense is tough but rushing the passer is really the only thing they're great at and their offense doesn't scare me, they have a decent RB in Zac Stacy but their passing game was irrelevant even with Bradford so I think we do enough against that defense as long as we protect Cassel to come out of there with a W.
-------------
last time we faced the rams AD went off for 212yds. they will do everything they can in order to not let Peterson beat them, which will open up big plays in the passing game.

vikes 24
rams 16

scifiman

okay about the guy who wrote that..... freak him hard fast and continuously...... he conveniently left out that they lost all 4 Super Bowls

It made that 99 playoff win so sweet...... if they would have scored another 20 points on the Vikings I would have loved it even more
I agree. The original poster made no mention that then lost those superbowls whereas the rams had the better shot at winning them when in reality the rams were a better team but lost to the minnesota weather more than they lost to the minnesota team. I know both teams had to play in that weather but in those days the home team had a huge advantage knowing their field and the weather. It is what it is and that is past history.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
"I can't stand the Rams. Vikings win, 536-3." Who the heck is this turd. Maybe he is upset because "Apee" coudn't break Dickerson's record, hahaha just one more thing they choked on besides 4 Super Bowls. I hope the Rams slaughter them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
MN_Norseman Breaks Down the Vikings 2014 Schedule
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/8/29/6075339/mn-morseman-breaks-down-the-vikings-2014-schedule

Week 1 - @ Rams

In my book, this should be a win for the Vikings. With Shaun Hill at QB, their passing attack is diminished and the Vikings are looking very good against the run this year. Those of you drafting RB Zac Stacy in your fantasy leagues, I don't recommend playing him Week 1.

I'm forseeing lots of blitzes in our future...The Rams offensive line was god awful last year allowing 53 sacks over the course of the 2013 season. For you non-math wiz types - that's 3.3 sacks/game.

On the other side of the ball, week 1 will be our first chance to see our brand new offense go up against, what many people consider, a top 5 defense. For that, I am VERY excited. Forget this preseason nonsense, let's see how we hold up drive for drive against the Rams. It should give us a great idea of where we are at in the league offensively. The defense of the Rams has their main strength in their pass rush, so it's up to our offensive line to keep us on the field in this one.

Prediction - Vikings Win (1-0) - It may end up being a struggle to move the ball at times, but I believe in the end our defense will carry us through. (crazy thought, I know, I know.)

Chance of Vikings Victory: 75%

Best part of reading this is just knowing that this guy has no earthly idea what he's talking about.
1. The Vikings looking good against the run in the PRESEASON means nothing.
2. The Rams gave up 36 sacks, not 53. The Rams defense PICKED UP 53 sacks last year.
3. A 75% chance of the Vikings winning their first game with a new staff, a backup caliber QB(ironic that they question Shaun Hill...pot meet kettle) and their team being worse than ours last year? Yea, okay. The Rams won one less game in Kellen Clemens's 9 starts than the Vikings did ALL YEAR.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Vikings lead the series against the LA/St. Louis Rams 24-16-2 (5-2 in the playoffs),

We kept the Rams out of the Superbowl for the decade of 1967 to 1976.
I had no Idea they held such a significant advantage in the life long series and yes I remember vividly beating Dallas and losing to the Biqueens those playoff years through the late 60's and 70's were brutal. We were in the playoffs year after year only to lose to Dallas Or Minnesota. Yuk now I am mad why did I read this?

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
You can thank this guy......
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/bud-grants-garage-sale.26198/[URL='http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/bud-grants-garage-sale.26198/[/QUOTE'][URL='http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/bud-grants-garage-sale.26198/[/QUOTE'][/QUOTE[/URL][/URL]]

I forgot blue font. After 50 years I don't get mad anymore. I go hangout with my son; take a swim, work in the garage or something else fun or constructive. Can't trip on thing I have no control over and life is too good.
Thanks for the Article my friend your work here has been appreciated.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

jorlol.gif

Instead of using a calculator, maybe next time use a straight-edge and line the columns up correctly.
Gave up 36 and registered 53, Professor.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

This poster is definitely right. My only solace is that the Vikes went on to LOOSE every single one of these SB appearance.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Interesting. A lot of respect for Bradford. Less respect for the rest of the team.

I have a feeling Fisher is going to remind this team that the world doesn't revolve around the QB position.