What UGA Fans Are Saying About Their BS OC.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think you'll be surprised then. As I said before, Jim Mora Jr. and Cam Cameron were less effective offensive minds at the NFL level who are having success in college.

Well, Jim Mora, Jr was a defensive coordinator and Cameron had quite bit of success with the Chargers and was the reason he was hired by the Dolphins as their Head Coach albeit for only one year. As to me being surprised actually my Ram Brother I will be more than surprised if Schotty is successful, I will be downright shocked!;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well he couldn't hit major league pitching but maybe this step down in class (to mix my metaphors) will be good for his floundering career...

Well, Schotty has all the tools and looks the part and IMO will be a solid recruiter, but when it comes to calling plays especially game day adjustments, it's not there and IMO, it won't be there at the SEC level either.

Now would it be there if he was coaching maybe Ohio Wesleyan or Wossamotta U? IDK, however, I'm still hedging my bets that the only thing that Brian Schottenheimer will accomplish at Georgia is ending a fine run by Head Coach Mark Richt.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True. Or maybe he's just burned out with all the hours and pressure the NFL has to offer.
College ball, by all accounts, is just fun.
Or maybe his wife made him do it! :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Or maybe his wife made him do it! :)
Oh I'm sure she had a lot to do with it too. Which isn't' a bad thing, of course.
I discussed my last big career decision with my wife too, and together we came to a decision that was good for both of us.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh I'm sure she had a lot to do with it too. Which isn't' a bad thing, of course.
I discussed my last big career decision with my wife too, and together we came to a decision that was good for both of us.
I wasn't really joking... nope, it isn't a bad thing at all... it's a smart thing to do.... especially if you're making $1 million per.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wasn't really joking... nope, it isn't a bad thing at all... it's a smart thing to do.... especially if you're making $1 million per.
Yup. Happy wife, happy life. Took me too long to realize that, but it's true.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yao_ming_meme_by_lecatinga-d4kpe13.jpg

HAHA Yao Ming meme in a Shottenheimer thread is good.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Jim Mora, Jr was a defensive coordinator and Cameron had quite bit of success with the Chargers and was the reason he was hired by the Dolphins as their Head Coach albeit for only one year. As to me being surprised actually my Ram Brother I will be more than surprised if Schotty is successful, I will be downright shocked!;)

LOL

My bad on Mora Jr. but he wasn't successful at all at the NFL level.

And Cameron's success came with LT and Brees/Rivers...and one Brian Schottenheimer as QB Coach. Of course, Cameron was awful in Baltimore.

Schottenheimer > Cameron at the NFL level, at least.

You'll be shocked then, my friend.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, Georgia has a lot of talent at running back. Always has. For the record, Marshall was considered the 1b. running back to Gurley before he tore his ACL. They shut Mizzou out last year (although given how incompetent Maty Mauk was for us, I'm not surprised), and if they ended up in the SEC championship instead of us next year, I wouldn't even be surprised.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
True. Or maybe he's just burned out with all the hours and pressure the NFL has to offer.
College ball, by all accounts, is just fun.
I agree about possibly being the hours, etc. a coach has to put into an NFL season/career. College players are limited to the number of hours they can spend at practice/meetings, etc., whereas NFL players spend way more time. So coaches are spending more time with players in meetings, and with other coaches game planning. Sometimes, I hate admitting it, but I played with Bobby Petrino in college, and I can remember him telling me he would sleep under his desk when he was coaching with Coughlin at Jacksonville. He had to be available 24/7 during the season, and Coughlin would cut it down to 12-14 hours during the off-season. So, NFL coaches lives are basically 24/7 365, whereas college coaches spend significant time during the season and much less time during the off-season.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Our nephew, GA alum said he's surprised Schotty's still there! Is hoping for the best, we know better, I think!

WvuIN02

Starter
UGA loaded with top 5-10 recruiting classes every year.

Finishes 86th in offense.

Lo and behold, same **** most of us were saying on this site. He's a turd in the punch bowl.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
UGA loaded with top 5-10 recruiting classes every year.

Finishes 86th in offense.

Lo and behold, same **** most of us were saying on this site. He's a turd in the punch bowl.

One of my navy buddies lives in Georgia and is a big UGA fan. You could have cut and pasted comments made on this board to his Facebook feed and nobody would have known the difference.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was wondering when this would be brought up. How does Schottenheimer keep fooling people into thinking he is a good OC?