What to make of this news? CB McKelvin in for workout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mick

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wild theory #1....we sign him, Wade turns him into a starter in 3 days, and we deal Tru to clear room for AD, as well as get an OL from Steelers.....right?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wild theory #1....we sign him, Wade turns him into a starter in 3 days, and we deal Tru to clear room for AD, as well as get an OL from Steelers.....right?
It's as good a guess as any other.

UtahRam

Rookie
They realized, "oh shoot, we just traded a decent corner back and we don't have the secondary depth that everyone claims we do"...LOL

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it.

He'd be our best 5th corner, solid depth with game experience. Both Joyner and NRC are slot corners - so if something were to happen to either one of our starters (and based on TruJo's history, that's likely), we're looking at Jordan right now...maybe John Johnson too. I hope we sign him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
6061385+_b7152d2f01ce2d1ec04fdab0fe6ae60e.jpg

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
They realized, "oh shoot, we just traded a decent corner back and we don't have the secondary depth that everyone claims we do"...LOL

It could be something like that. I know everybody's excited about the defensive showing last week, but:
A) defense should be ahead of the offense this time of year, especially when they're probably playing vanilla, and
B) our depth/rotational guys were playing their 2nd and 3rd strings.

Then again, maybe the Rams ARE looking to trade somebody. Doubt it's gonna be TJohnson though, his salary is too high.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Started 12 games last season and had 2 interceptions.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really? You think a 42 year old CB still has the speed to keep up?
He's been a stud and now after being cut by a couple teams, he cant find himself on a roster. I'm sure his diminished skills due to his age have something to do with it

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like it.

He'd be our best 5th corner, solid depth with game experience. Both Joyner and NRC are slot corners - so if something were to happen to either one of our starters (and based on TruJo's history, that's likely), we're looking at Jordan right now...maybe John Johnson too. I hope we sign him.

Really ?? The Rams have more depth than that. I think it is because Nick Robey & Webster are hurt.

Both missed practice yesterday.

Joyner is coming off being injured & is a FS now , so X him at CB .

Plus McVay has film on him from Washington. He must have stood out.

Last edited: