What to make of Rams' early offensive struggles/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Look, I'm starting to come back down to earth from offseason dreaming. There was always talk about this offense being a ball-control, smashmouth-running, play-action team. I think that's what we are and I think it's reasonable to expect the same kind of offensive output that we had last year. Which pretty much stinks because it wasn't great. Maybe we can add a few points per game to our average but I think that's the ceiling for this team this year. Kinda sad when I had dreams that Cig could max out the talent and Foles would be an upgrade to Hill (he probably is but he never was gonna be an upgrade to a healthy Bradford).

Ugh. Just ugh. Our only hope is that the defense ascends even further and we win a lot of ugly games 17-10, 19-17.
We're in the same place :(

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ugh. Just ugh. Our only hope is that the defense ascends even further and we win a lot of ugly games 17-10, 19-17.

Since when is winning ugly? And I think a blast you in the face defense is every bit as pretty as a high scoring offense. Of course I'd like to score more points than last year but we averaged a shade over 20. If that 20 comes from ball control and long drives then I'm a happy boy

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I expect they will get off to a slow start, and kill it when things get in line. If people are betting a fast start, other than STOMPING Seattle, I think you're setting yourself up for failure. The defense? Sure. The offense? I'm hoping for good enough to make a run.

Well, no excuses IMO, they've had plenty over the last three years. I will hold my breath stomping Seattle, but the Redskin game should be winnable along with the Steelers although Bell will be back.

Cardinals & Packers on the road will be tough before the bye, however, 3-2 would be optimal and 1-4 dismal IMHO so I guess 2-3 would be acceptable, but that's because we're Ram fans.

FRO

Legend
Well, no excuses IMO, they've had plenty over the last three years. I will hold my breath stomping Seattle, but the Redskin game should be winnable along with the Steelers although Bell will be back.

Cardinals & Packers on the road will be tough before the bye, however, 3-2 would be optimal and 1-4 dismal IMHO so I guess 2-3 would be acceptable, but that's because we're Ram fans.
Well said. With the inexperience on the offensive line a 2-3 start would be fine by me. Anything less and the season is shipwrecked.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Are we all in agreement?
Is it it official yet?
Oh it is?
Ok, got it. I'll make the announcement.

Excuse me, um, everyone....
...ahem, everyone? (taps mic)
EVERYONE. IT'S OFFICIAL.
WE'RE DOOMED.

I'd like to thank everyone for coming out. I'm sorry the season that hasn't been played yet didn't go how we had all hoped.
Our "Fearsome Elevensome" defense paired up with the "Even More Greater Show On Turf" isn't happening this year. We're all very disappointed. Maybe next year.
See you all when the season ends, which really is a formality at this point, since it clearly ended for us during the 1st quarter of our second preseason game......