What to expect?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
We wanted the draft to be all about the defense and it was, for the most part. So that side of the ball, though young, should be better. But what to expect from the offense? When McVay was signed, there was talk about 2 tight ends, lots of running and play action passing. We never got to see much 12 personnel. Fast forward to 2024. The interior OL has been BEEFED UP. We have a talented young RB who was #3 in rushing yards, #1 in YPG while missing 5 games, 4 due to injury. And we added a complimentary RB in Corum. Parkinson was acquired, another good blocking TE and though Higbee was injured in the postseason, he should be back before the midway point of the season. Are we going to see more 12 than we have the previous 7 seasons? Our achilles heel last year was short yardage and red zone issues. That may be ancient history. I'm looking forward to a top 5 offense this season with a much improved defense. Where should that get us?

Tano

Legend
We wanted the draft to be all about the defense and it was, for the most part. So that side of the ball, though young, should be better. But what to expect from the offense? When McVay was signed, there was talk about 2 tight ends, lots of running and play action passing. We never got to see much 12 personnel. Fast forward to 2024. The interior OL has been BEEFED UP. We have a talented young RB who was #3 in rushing yards, #1 in YPG while missing 5 games, 4 due to injury. And we added a complimentary RB in Corum. Parkinson was acquired, another good blocking TE and though Higbee was injured in the postseason, he should be back before the midway point of the season. Are we going to see more 12 than we have the previous 7 seasons? Our achilles heel last year was short yardage and red zone issues. That may be ancient history. I'm looking forward to a top 5 offense this season with a much improved defense. Where should that get us?
13 -4 at minimum

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I expect us to run the ball a lot with Williams and Corum from mostly 11 personnel packages as usual. Kupp and Nacua are great at running blocking so keeping a lighter box will be an advantage.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
I'm hoping for a revamped fearsome foursome respected defense, A talked about defense as a whole in the league. I also am hoping for a running game personality followed by efficient QB play. A proficient kicking game and renewed special teams play. great clock management in game and again, league talked about Rams team no one wants to play, you know like the chiefs...... too much? go rams.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I'm hoping for a revamped fearsome foursome
That’s what everyone hopes for. How realistic is it, though?

As long as our defence is above average this year, we will remain competitive. If we have a top ten defence, we should reach deep into the playoffs.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Cautiously optimistic. I do think the offense will be good. Question is, will the line off to a slow start like last year? I think it should be better this year. We didn't have Dotson at the start. Jonah Jackson is an experienced vet. Avila's the only one I don't know about. But with two vets on each side and Stafford I think he'll be fine.

Defensively, I'm pretty sure Verse is a day one starter. Fiske might be. We'll have to see how camp goes for him. When it comes to rookies I'm usually in the wait and see mode. I think a few more will be good ones but how long will it take? I don't know if Corum will be ready to take the RB2 duties on day one. McVay might work him in slowly.

I do think we'll be better in December/January than September/October.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m hoping Shula makes the most of the opportunity and they improve substantially over the teams 19th ranking of last year. A lot depends on it.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I expect us to run the ball a lot with Williams and Corum from mostly 11 personnel packages as usual. Kupp and Nacua are great at running blocking so keeping a lighter box will be an advantage.
I agree. While the Rams have beefed up the middle of the OL and running the ball will be even better than last year, it is McVay's vision to give the defense the same look as much as possible. I think the moves this off season made it likely that 11 personnel will be run at even a higher percentage of the time. Keeps the D guessing and off balance.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
That’s what everyone hopes for. How realistic is it, though?

As long as our defence is above average this year, we will remain competitive. If we have a top ten defence, we should reach deep into the playoffs.
A top 10 defense would be huge. I don't expect that though. After the draft, I expect it to me a solid, middle of the road, defense.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think we remain a majority 11 personnel team. Puka is the focus of the passing game. Running game looks about the same. Takes a few games for Avila to settle into center. McVay decides to run more in red zone with all the beef up front. Red zone woes get better but he still pulls some boneheaded 3 pass plays at the goal line moves.

I think Shula gets off to a slow start but we get to middle of the pack as a defense mid season.

I reserve the right to change every and all predictions once we see the schedule though!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Frequency of 12 sets relates to Higs and his health. I do think he and Allen may be good enough for McVay to favor them over 11 in some situations. Problem is when is Higs' window of return.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm hoping for a revamped fearsome foursome respected defense, A talked about defense as a whole in the league. I also am hoping for a running game personality followed by efficient QB play. A proficient kicking game and renewed special teams play. great clock management in game and again, league talked about Rams team no one wants to play, you know like the chiefs...... too much? go rams.
I think a stronger committment to the run game and more success as a result of the beef inside, combined with better red zone play will be almost as good for the defense as Verse, Fiske and the rest of the 'new' players. As always it'll take a couple/three weeks to hit stride but I'm anticipating a much stronger team and an improved defense quicker than last year.