What to expect

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
During each training camp, I'm frequently duped by the hype. I recall Carriker "rag dolling" OLinemen. I believed when Spags turned the Giant defense around after two terrible losses. Last year we all knew it would take rookies awhile to become cohesive on the OLine and Rodger was injury prone but we convinced ourselves otherwise and embraced our trauma after the Seachicken win. Every year I become Charlie Brown believing THIS is the time I actually get to kick the ball. In '99 I was vindicated but the SB win was more relief than elation.

So BEFORE I drink the Kool-Aid, here is what I expect:

I am a Wentzian but Goff is now my man and his accuracy, pocket presence, and anticipation is exceptional. Still, the most difficult job in sport will require time and the offense will once again be scaled back to protect him. He will master 5-6 difficult pass plays a game to expand the offense but we will see mostly dink and dunk until he becomes comfortable and the emphasis will continue to be how we develop the run game against 8 man fronts. It will be too late in the season before the offense is opened to the desired standard. Again, the OLine is young and injuries will once again limit the playbook. But this unit will grow and 2017 will hold the promise of a championship. If this unit reaches league average (despite Gurley heroics splash plays) I will be enthused.

The defense is thin. ONE injury to Ogletree, Barron, Johnson, or Donald will spell disaster as all four are irreplaceable. It's possible but unlikely. The defense will be better than average (provided Quinn regains form), and Gregg will gamble to compensate, but the good news is that Forrest will get a chance to develop as a SLB and we will see how good Bryant or Davis can be at FS. Longacre is a player who will prove himself difficult to keep out of the DE rotation.

ST play will be EXCEPTIONAL! The Snisher formula of reckless athletes laying it on the line to get base team reps will reach a new level as Hager Forrest, and Williams climb the depth charts. GZ will balance out last year's anomaly and prove his accuracy is better than the ONE terrible year he endured. Tavon will experience his best year and make the Pro Bowl, in spite of the fact he will once again prove to be not much more than Az Hakim as a receiver.

My final prediction, 9-7. I don't know if that makes the playoffs since sooooo much of the league is unpredictable. But with five years of defensive development with veteran players, a solid ST model, and a next generation offense taking the next step, 2017 is our special year. We will attract a couple big name FA's (including a #1 receiver), and this team will be dominant for the next 5-6 years.

Fisher may preach "win now" but the most obvious part of his approach is laying a foundation of toughness, skill, and continuity.

I hate to admit it, but with a rookie QB and developmental receivers (Higbee is a future but not current Pro Bowler), this team is built for "next year" once again. Let's hope the money and injury issues dont set the plan back.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
During each training camp, I'm frequently duped by the hype. I recall Carriker "rag dolling" OLinemen. I believed when Spags turned the Giant defense around after two terrible losses. Last year we all knew it would take rookies awhile to become cohesive on the OLine and Rodger was injury prone but we convinced ourselves otherwise and embraced our trauma after the Seachicken win. Every year I become Charlie Brown believing THIS is the time I actually get to kick the ball. In '99 I was vindicated but the SB win was more relief than elation.

I am a Wentzian but Goff is now my man and his accuracy, pocket presence, and anticipation is exceptional. Still, the most difficult job in sport will require time and the offense will once again be scaled back to protect him. He will master 5-6 difficult pass plays a game to expand the offense but we will see mostly dink and dunk until he becomes comfortable and the emphasis will continue to be how we develop the run game against 8 man fronts. It will be too late in the season before the offense is opened to the desired standard. Again, the OLine is young and injuries will once again limit the playbook. But this unit will grow and 2017 will hold the promise of a championship. If this unit reaches league average (despite Gurley heroics splash plays) I will be enthused.

The defense is thin. ONE injury to Ogletree, Barron, Johnson, or Donald will spell disaster as all four are irreplaceable. It's possible but unlikely. The defense will be better than average (provided Quinn regains form), and Gregg will gamble to compensate, but the good news is that Forrest will get a chance to develop as a SLB and we will see how good Bryant or Davis can be at FS. Longacre is a player who will prove himself difficult to keep out of the DE rotation.

ST play will be EXCEPTIONAL! The Snisher formula of reckless athletes laying it on the line to get base team reps will reach a new level as Hager Forrest, and Williams climb the depth charts. GZ will balance out last year's anomaly and prove his accuracy is better than the ONE terrible year he endured. Tavon will experience his best year and make the Pro Bowl, in spite of the fact he will once again prove to be not much more than Az Hakim as a receiver.

My final prediction, 9-7. I don't know if that makes the playoffs since sooooo much of the league is unpredictable. But with five years of defensive development with veteran players, a solid ST model, and a next generation offense taking the next step, 2017 is our special year. We will attract a couple big name FA's (including a #1 receiver), and this team will be dominant for the next 5-6 years.

Fisher may preach "win now" but the most obvious part of his approach is laying a foundation of toughness, skill, and continuity.

I hate to admit it, but with a rookie QB and developmental receivers (Higbee is a future but not current Pro Bowler), this team is built for "next year" once again. Let's hope the money and injury issues dont set the plan back.

I hear your concerns. I am just not listening to it. :sneaky:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

If Ogletree really can handle the MLB spot then the LB corps will be much better. If they can replace McLeod and TJ's foot is fully healed the DBs should be a wash or slight drop off. Quinn comes back and the Dline is instantly better. A year of training for Pasat and Longacre and they should improve. If this defense gets close to top ten, and the offense can average about 6 more points a game, the Rams have a shot doing better than 9 wins. I predicted 10. However, the schedule is a bit tougher and the London came and the week after are big guesses. That jet lag can takes it's toll.