What to expect from Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I expect Gurly will average over 5 yards a carry! (y)

And, I expect Todd will quickly establish himself as an excellent receiver, out of the backfield.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
203-Scarface-quotes.gif

ausmurp

Starter
realistically i see him getting somewhere around 800-900 rush yds and 6-8 tds. I think he plays maybe 10-12 games total.

From what i can tell he isn't much of a receiving back. He can take a screen to the hizzie just like AP, but i don't see him getting a ton of receiving yds. Mason excelled as a receiving back in college and will probably maintain that role here even when Gurley starts, for this season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe we are going to see a RB that will break another Ram's Single Season Rushing Record (this year, or next).

He is the next great Rams RB, which will include Dickerson and Marshall Faulk...

Mamfm5

UDFA
realistically i see him getting somewhere around 800-900 rush yds and 6-8 tds. I think he plays maybe 10-12 games total.

From what i can tell he isn't much of a receiving back. He can take a screen to the hizzie just like AP, but i don't see him getting a ton of receiving yds. Mason excelled as a receiving back in college and will probably maintain that role here even when Gurley starts, for this season.

FWIW here are Gurley vs. Mason College stats.
Gurley - 30 games - 65 Receptions - 615 yards - 6 Receiving TD'd
Mason - 38 games - 19 Receptions - 249 yards - 1 Receiving TD.

I don't think either were elite pass catchers in college. I do think Gurley will be the more elite pass catching back in the pros.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I believe we are going to see a RB that will break another Ram's Single Season Rushing Record (this year, or next).

He is the next great Rams RB, which will include Dickerson and Marshall Faulk...
This ^ would be amazing if it happens!!

WestCoastRam

Legend
To be honest, I hope Gurley becomes everything I wished SJ was. SJ never had great vision, his speed was good but not great and he had poor acceleration and body lean. If Gurley who already has SJ's strengths (size, strength, pass catching and blocking - though I know it took awhile for SJ to get blocking down) has any of those other things, we could see a stud. Oh, and I hope he stays healthy!