What To Do At 2? Rams Playing Wait-and-see With Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I can see Snead accepting less than the full value of the trade chart to move to #6. This is based on the high probability that a guy they want will be available #6, assuming they are equally happy with Watkins, Robinson or Matthews.

If Houston goes QB as those close to the team say, then a trade with Atlanta for Clowney will keep the 2 OTs and Watkins on the board 4 picks to go. All the Rams need is for a 2nd QB or another player like Mack to go in the 3, 4, or 5 spot and they are assured of getting Robinson, Matthews, or Watkins. The only way the Rams get burnt is if no QBs are drafted by Jax, Cleveland, or Oak AND no other player like Mack gets picked in the top 5 either.

And keep in mind that Khan already came out and said they are taking a QB.

A likely worst case scenario...
1. QB
2. Clowney
3. QB
4. Watkins
5. Robinson
6. Matthews

I could if the team was Atlanta...It would appear that these two Orgs have a mutual friendship of sorts. One could see if it were two good friends bartering over a weapons trade of such where both like each other both respect each other the trade would be made where both teams get something that benefits both teams without both teams getting it up the yazu by the other.

Atlanta would not offer a low-ball insult to Snead & visa versa. They have worked together last yr for both to benefit. I like you find #6 to be comfortable place to get a prospect of value if the Texans take a QB.

Rams still should be able to get their pick of an OL'er or WR Sammy Watkins does sound rather sound and easy to do. An Atlanta 2014 2.38 & a third in 2014 or a second in 2015 would be fair to make up the 1000 point draft value difference.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Yep if WR Watkins is their #1 target a trade with Atlanta is out period. If 1.1 goes QB then traded 1.2 goes DE to ATL.,then 1.3 goes for 2nd QB then 1.4 goes for 3rd QB then Oakland @ 1.5 would almost certainly goes WR Watkins I sure not not see LB'er Mack going off ahead of Watkins with Oakland. Rams there @ 1.6 would be looking @ 3 OT's one LB'er.

A trade with Atlanta would require some serious traded draft value of over 1000 pts. Not sure Atlanta can get close to that unless Snead gets goofy & flush down a good chunk of that RG3 trade value capital down into the sewer why would Snead do that?

I dunno. Oakland is struggling to keep Veldheer on the O-line and their defense is still pretty depleted. No player had more than 10 sacks in Oakland last year. Tackle du'jour is a real option for them, certainly a Mack or Barr.

I see Atlanta as the Rams best trade partner at this point, but I still am not convinced the Texans are sure what they're doing with the 1st overall pick.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I dunno. Oakland is struggling to keep Veldheer on the O-line and their defense is still pretty depleted. No player had more than 10 sacks in Oakland last year. Tackle du'jour is a real option for them, certainly a Mack or Barr.

I see Atlanta as the Rams best trade partner at this point, but I still am not convinced the Texans are sure what they're doing with the 1st overall pick.
Yes I agree The Falcons #6 spot is the best!

Its a no brainer & a forgone conclusion that the Raiders will tag OLT Veldheer. They could go Mack but that's still high for a LB'er to come off the boards....where Watkins is a very big talent & big need.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Yep if WR Watkins is their #1 target a trade with Atlanta is out period. If 1.1 goes QB then traded 1.2 goes DE to ATL.,then 1.3 goes for 2nd QB then 1.4 goes for 3rd QB then Oakland @ 1.5 would almost certainly goes WR Watkins I sure not not see LB'er Mack going off ahead of Watkins with Oakland. Rams there @ 1.6 would be looking @ 3 OT's one LB'er.

A trade with Atlanta would require some serious traded draft value of over 1000 pts. Not sure Atlanta can get close to that unless Snead gets goofy & flush down a good chunk of that RG3 trade value capital down into the sewer why would Snead do that?

Well swapping 1st round picks with Atlanta would require a 2nd this year and a 1st round in 2015. I would take that deal in a heartbeat. Mathews or Robinson will still be available.