What the Panther fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joat said:
I read that somewhere else but I don't know the accuracy, I'd have to go back and re-watch some games. Our nickel back is probably one of the better one's in the league. He played really well inside last season and with the emergence of Josh Thomas and Melvin White we have some flexibility.

We give up the highest completion rate in the NFL, but we keep everything in front and we are a very good tackling team. The average yards per pass against our D is 6.8, good for 10th best in the league.

Ok...but what QBs have you played?

Russell Wilson and EJ Manuel both had extremely high YPAs against your defense. Then you went through a stretch of QBs that included Carson Palmer, Eli Manning and Matt Cassel. Palmer and Manning are performing like two of the worst QBs in the NFL right now. Cassel is Cassel.

The problem with stats after 5 games is sample size...which is why I don't find them particularly useful.

Anonymous

Well we haven't played the likes of TJ Yates, but maybe we'll get a crack at other elite QB's.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Joat said:
Well we haven't played the likes of TJ Yates, but maybe we'll get a crack at other elite QB's.
Give me a break Yates came in after an injury in GARBAGE time Schaub played most of the game by the time tj was in Game was long over.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This game will come down to is Carolina's ability to stuff the Rams's rushing attack. If the Rams can have good success running the ball then the passing game will open up. This will result in a lead and then STL can rely on its defense which keeps getting better in terms of pressure in the backfield. On the flip side...

If Carolina can manage to make the Rams one demensionsal, the Rams haven't shown enough consistency in the passing attack to allow me to beleive they can come from behind starting from the third quarter. Howvever, if the deficit is modest, three points, then I have confidence in Bradford leading the hurry up. He shines in that situation.

I say the Rams will have a big day with their TE's and Zac Stacy. It won't translate in many explosive plays in the passing game, but 5-15 yard chunks between RB's and TE's will be common. Carolina will have its hands full on defense but they can handle it IF they can stuff Stacy for short gains. That's easier said than done.

Rams defensively, make Cam beat you with his arm. Our DT and DE's need to stay home a bit. This isn't Matt Schaub we're talking here. Carolina's running game isn't nearly as good as Houston's. Red Zone D and QB pressure has been the Rams's defensive strengths for a couple of years now in general terms.

Anonymous

Rabid Ram said:
Joat said:
Give me a break Yates came in after an injury in GARBAGE time Schaub played most of the game by the time tj was in Game was long over.

Matt "dumpster fire" Schaub?

Anonymous

Carolina's run game isn't nearly as good as Houston's, despite averaging only 1.6 yards less PER GAME.

Yes, Carolina will definitely try to make the Rams one dimensional. I think they'll succeed as they've practiced against a very good running attack for years. Stacy is quite similar to DeAngelo Williams in style and stature. Carolina excels at tackling, if AP couldn't muster many YAC then I'm not terribly worried about Stacy.

The key to beating Carolina comes down to controlling the LOS. If you can pressure Cam and contain him with a LB then he'll struggle. However if we get the run game going their going to just keep ramming it down your throats.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Joat said:
Rabid Ram said:
Joat said:

Matt "dumpster fire" Schaub?
Are you here for conversation or to troll?
So far all I hear is every QB/rb your team has faced were strong and your team just put them in their place. Yet our team has just played crap and gotten lucky.
And not to mention posting false numbers and ranks.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Combine that with ffact that "Matt ' Dumpster Fire' Schaub" has had a more successful NFL career than Cam "Vince Young with a better grill" Newton and I see abig Rams victory!

iced

Joat said:
Carolina's run game isn't nearly as good as Houston's, despite averaging only 1.6 yards less PER GAME.

Yes, Carolina will definitely try to make the Rams one dimensional. I think they'll succeed as they've practiced against a very good running attack for years. Stacy is quite similar to DeAngelo Williams in style and stature. Carolina excels at tackling, if AP couldn't muster many YAC then I'm not terribly worried about Stacy.

The key to beating Carolina comes down to controlling the LOS. If you can pressure Cam and contain him with a LB then he'll struggle. However if we get the run game going their going to just keep ramming it down your throats.

Huh?

Zac stacy is no where near Deangelo Williams... Stacy is a power back, Angelo is more of a speed back, stiff arm. Stacy lowers the shoulder and looks to plow you over, but can make you miss with his quick feet (put on the last game to see what i'm talking about)

one thing that has impressed me about stacy is that he doesn't go down on first contact - and a lot of times, it takes a third guy to get him down

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
This might be the best defense the Rams have faced all year. Make no mistake this will be a huge challenge for us on the road. Lets hope the team responds well. This would be a huge win considering how things have played out.

Graphicker

Starter
I've read this story before.. If we win it will be because Car didn't take us serious and they had a off day..

If we lose the rams are teh sux.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Joat said:

You're overlooking some key details, slugger. A 159 of those rushing yards have come from Cam Newton. Arian Foster has nearly 150 yards more rushing yards than Williams. So yes, Houton has a better running game. By "running game," I meant by a RB. Not a gimmick offense. When was the last time a running QB won a Super Bowl? Kap got close, before him I don't even recall...

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
mr.stlouis said:
Joat said:

You're overlooking some key details, slugger. A 159 of those rushing yards have come from Cam Newton. Arian Foster has nearly 150 yards more rushing yards than Williams. So yes, Houton has a better running game. By "running game," I meant by a RB. Not a gimmick offense. When was the last time a running QB won a Super Bowl? Kap got close, before him I don't even recall...
1999 Steve McNair and don't forget Steve young who actually won a sb

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joat said:

Stacy really isn't similar to Williams at all. He's more like Frank Gore.

As far as Peterson, he's a different type of guy. EXTREMELY difficult to bring down when he gets a head of steam but his length can be used against him.

Stacy is a short, bowling ball of a HB. He's the type of guy that is hard to get leverage on which makes him quite good at pushing forward after the initial hit.

He ain't AP but he might muster some yards only because he's so short and stout with a really strong leg drive. Difficult guy to stand up or chop down. But he doesn't have AP's explosiveness or moves in the open-field. So he's not really a threat to break off a long run. But he'll pick up chunks of positive yards.

Rabid Ram said:
mr.stlouis said:
Joat said:

1999 Steve McNair and don't forget Steve young who actually won a sb

McNair never won it. But the whole Super Bowl argument has always seemed pointless to me. McNair's running ability didn't keep his team from winning it neither did Kaepernick's.

Joat said:

They aren't. And do you have anything to add other than stats(except when the stats disagree with your opinion...then...they don't matter).

Houston runs the Shanahan-Gibbs ZBS with a back that executes the system extremely well. Very difficult to defend.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Wasn't saying McNair had won it was just parlaying to mr.stlouis that other running qbs have been close.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think that Carolina has faced a Running Back like Stacy all season. He will challenge them as long as he has holes to hit. He is small and very hard to get ahold on. So far Defensive backs cannot take him down one on one.

It all depends on if the Rams can get the push from the Oline and Tight Ends and open some holes. It isn't as if the Rams are incapable of a passing game either. This game does not have to be a mirror image of the last two or the first four. It could be a combination of both.

I think Carolina is going to have trouble covering Jared Cook. He could have a big day. Givens is going to stretch the field too. The Rams will use play action a lot and it is going to open things up in the middle with Cook and Kendricks. I don't know why Carolina fans think that this is just about stopping the run. The Rams have established the run enough that Carolina will have to respect it.

Throw in that Fisher has done well preparing his teams to contain a running QB.

My bigger concern is the Rams being on the road again...despite Carolinas lousy home record since 2011 at 7-11.

nighttrain

Legend
Rabid Ram said:
Wasn't saying McNair had won it was just parlaying to mr.stlouis that other running qbs have been close.
McNair and Young both mobile QBs that passed first when they got their shot in the SB, much like Montana
train

nighttrain

Legend
Elmgrovegnome said:
I don't think that Carolina has faced a Running Back like Stacy all season. He will challenge them as long as he has holes to hit. He is small and very hard to get ahold on. So far Defensive backs cannot take him down one on one.

It all depends on if the Rams can get the push from the Oline and Tight Ends and open some holes. It isn't as if the Rams are incapable of a passing game either. This game does not have to be a mirror image of the last two or the first four. It could be a combination of both.

I think Carolina is going to have trouble covering Jared Cook. He could have a big day. Givens is going to stretch the field too. The Rams will use play action a lot and it is going to open things up in the middle with Cook and Kendricks. I don't know why Carolina fans think that this is just about stopping the run. The Rams have established the run enough that Carolina will have to respect it.

My bigger concern is the Rams being on the road again...despite Carolinas lousy home record since 2011 at 7-11.
Looking forward to this game.Two on the road in the W column is impressive
train

Anonymous

Gimmick offense with a running QB who's only run for 153 yards in 5 games?

Gotcha.

We run well, it's really just that simple. Discount it if you like, but we have a good run blocking OL and a stable of capable backs. The two who have been thus far are polar opposites of each other. Williams is more of an outside runner, but he doesn't needlessly bounce outside like he used to. He'll stick his head down and hit the gap. He has great burst and vision, but doesn't break tackles like he used to. Tolbert is a bowling ball of a man who will push the pile. He's hard to bring down, he runs will a low center of gravity, is stocky and powerful. If you get him low you can bring him down. If you try to hit him high you might as well just hold on because you're going for a ride.

Both are good receivers and good pass protectors. For a FB Tolbert is a pretty pedestrian lead blocker.

jap

Legend
nighttrain said:
Elmgrovegnome said:

Looking forward to this game.Two on the road in the W column is impressive
train

This will be good practice for our revenge road match against the '9ers. As we were overly generous hosts the last meeting, it's only fair that Frisco returns the favor, even if we have to force them to. :twisted: