What the Panther fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't know what you guys are even fighting over, it's obvious the Rams are going to win.

Since I started working on Sunday's, the Rams have yet to lose a game.

Therefore, we might as well just order the rings now.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
With your argument of who we played and the outcome matters...didn't you lose to Arozona? I don't think we did.

I am in agreeance that this game can go either way. But you gotta bring something better than that. As well as saying if you lose it's because they deserve to. The rams have done quite well this year. We didn't score a lot in two games, but don't think them weak. We could very easily be 4-2 right now.

MCO-Ther

UDFA
And Arizona's in your division, right? You have more experience playing them and a better idea on how to beat them. Or does that not matter?

MCO-Ther

UDFA
bluecoconuts said:
I don't know what you guys are even fighting over, it's obvious the Rams are going to win.

Since I started working on Sunday's, the Rams have yet to lose a game.

Therefore, we might as well just order the rings now.

Feel like working on your resume this week? :ww:

MCO-Ther

UDFA
X said:
MCO-Ther said:
So the Panthers beating the Giants by 38 & the Vikings by 25 were hollow victories, while finishing +14 on the Jags and +25 on the imploding Texans are quality wins. Guess I'm not in Charlotte anymore.....

Seriously, this game is a coin flip. I think it will come down to Panthers offense vs Rams defense. If the Panthers can get into rhythm, protect Cam, and run the ball effectively early in the game, we are going to win.

If the Panthers aren't aggressive, drop balls, 3 and outs, give up multiple sacks, we deserve to lose.

This is an important game for both teams. Neither team is out of the playoff race yet but a loss here could be a deathblow, especially in your division.
Interesting. So if the Panthers execute a simple game plan, they'll win. But if the Rams are the benefactors of crappy execution by the Panthers, then we win? In other words, there's no way for the Rams to win unless the Panthers play poorly? Seems legit. I guess using that logic, the only way the Panthers can win is if the Rams aren't aggressive, drop balls, 3 and outs, and give up multiple sacks.

Sometimes it's amazing how simple the game can be.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam said:
jrry32 said:
Sam said:
Peterson had 62 yards and no TDs against the Panthers. 31 of those came in mop up minutes with the game clearly out of hand. He was a non-factor out of the gate. Those 62 yards is his lowest outing since September of LAST season.

Honestly, you couldn't have seen that game if you claim AP did any damage. And that's fine. I wouldn't expect a Rams fan to be watching a Panthers game and vice versa. Especially seeing how they were being played at the same time.

I still find it funny that 62 yards from All Day, AP is being touted as him getting over on the Panthers based on a 6.2 YAC. Or how was it worded? It was the Rams that went away from him? Nice theory. I wonder why they would ever go away from him when he's averaging a killer 6.2 per clip???

Lets see. Peterson started out slow with his first 4 runs of the game going for a total of 1 yards. His next 3 runs went for 27 yards. Giving him 7 rushes for 28 yards at half. However, by the point they got the ball back in the 2nd half, they were down 21-3. His next 3 runs in the 3rd quarter went for 34 yards. By the end of the 3rd, he had 10 rushes for 62 yards but the Vikings were down 28-3.
When you are getting blown out and failing to sustain drives due to bad QB play, you don't tend to run the ball a lot.

But shutting down Peterson? BS.

Now, go ahead and make excuses as to why C.J. Spiller and Andre Ellington ran on your defense. Let me guess, "if you remove their longest run..." will start the sentence. :lol:

Contained, non-threat, shut-down, poor day. however you want to verbalize it, that was peterson on sunday.

Ok. I hope you guys do the same thing to Zac Stacy. :lol:

Hell, you already did it to CJ Spiller. :rofl:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MCO-Ther said:
X said:
MCO-Ther said:
So the Panthers beating the Giants by 38 & the Vikings by 25 were hollow victories, while finishing +14 on the Jags and +25 on the imploding Texans are quality wins. Guess I'm not in Charlotte anymore.....

Seriously, this game is a coin flip. I think it will come down to Panthers offense vs Rams defense. If the Panthers can get into rhythm, protect Cam, and run the ball effectively early in the game, we are going to win.

If the Panthers aren't aggressive, drop balls, 3 and outs, give up multiple sacks, we deserve to lose.

This is an important game for both teams. Neither team is out of the playoff race yet but a loss here could be a deathblow, especially in your division.
Interesting. So if the Panthers execute a simple game plan, they'll win. But if the Rams are the benefactors of crappy execution by the Panthers, then we win? In other words, there's no way for the Rams to win unless the Panthers play poorly? Seems legit. I guess using that logic, the only way the Panthers can win is if the Rams aren't aggressive, drop balls, 3 and outs, and give up multiple sacks.

Yeah, it's really not.

iced

X said:
MCO-Ther said:
X said:
MCO-Ther said:

Yeah, it's really not.

it's too bad good coaching is such a solid factor

RamzFanz

Damnit
MCO-Ther said:

I think you forgot if the Panthers ARE agressive, but balls are well defended, are still forced into 3 and outs, and simply can't stop the sacks on your best day, you lose.

When the Rams sack, it will be because their pass rush is beastly. Forget about stopping it.

I see this as a close low scoring game for a Rams W. If I'm wrong, I'm probably underestimating the Rams O.

MCO-Ther

UDFA
RamzFanz said:
MCO-Ther said:

I think you forgot if the Panthers ARE agressive, but balls are well defended, are still forced into 3 and outs, and simply can't stop the sacks on your best day, you lose.

When the Rams sack, it will be because their pass rush is beastly. Forget about stopping it.

I see this as a close low scoring game for a Rams W. If I'm wrong, I'm probably underestimating the Rams O.

I don't doubt you've got a good pass rush. My hope is that we make it irrelevant by focusing on your run D. Effective run game=less pass rushes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MCO-Ther said:
I don't doubt you've got a good pass rush. My hope is that we make it irrelevant by focusing on your run D. Effective run game=less pass rushes.
Yep. That would be my game plan going in if I was (what's your HC's name again?). The best way to combat that, obviously, would be for the Rams to come out firing and try to build an early lead. I would hope our coaches are putting together a plan to attack through the air initially, but I'm not entirely confident they'll do it that way. Fisher desperately wants to establish the run. Now, that said, if we ARE successful running the ball, then your defense will be in for a long day. Your secondary is vulnerable.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
:sly:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 210

Graphicker

Starter
Good lord this game is going to be a dooooozy..
The winner will surely enjoy the week.. Hoping for a
Injury free game.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Going to be watching this game with one of my best friends, who just happens to be a Panthers fan. We are both just happy that our teams are not completely irrelevant this early in the season. Hopefully our teams realize how important this game is and give us a good, injury free show. I honestly have no clue who wins this one, wouldn't surprise me to see a blow out either way, or a 15-12 game. Go RAMS!!

Anonymous

RamzFanz said:

I'm not sure what you're saying here. What's the difference between a Panther sack and a Rams sack?

If you're saying we run a more aggresive scheme you'd be incorrect. We almost fully rely on just our front 4 to get to the QB. Last game was a rare occurance where we blitzed the Sam off the edge. When they decided to never adjust for it we kept doing it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Meow? Where's my scratching post? Can I get a little milk to go with my Fancy Feast?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hehehe I smell a bet emerging from this thread before this game is played. :cheers:

iced

Joat said:
RamzFanz said:

I'm not sure what you're saying here. What's the difference between a Panther sack and a Rams sack?

If you're saying we run a more aggresive scheme you'd be incorrect. We almost fully rely on just our front 4 to get to the QB. Last game was a rare occurance where we blitzed the Sam off the edge. When they decided to never adjust for it we kept doing it.

actually i've read that the Panthers have been running a 5-2 scheme defensively,relying on your LB's to make plays.

I can see us possibly going back to a bit more spread against you guys - i wonder about the speed of your secondary and your nickle cb...more than likely that's who will be on Tavon

Anonymous

I read that somewhere else but I don't know the accuracy, I'd have to go back and re-watch some games. Our nickel back is probably one of the better one's in the league. He played really well inside last season and with the emergence of Josh Thomas and Melvin White we have some flexibility.

We give up the highest completion rate in the NFL, but we keep everything in front and we are a very good tackling team. The average yards per pass against our D is 6.8, good for 10th best in the league.