What the Niners fans are saying(Rams draft)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

the Scourge that is the St.Louis Rams

http://forums.49ers.com/showthread.php?153484-the-Scourge-that-is-the-St-Louis-Rams

nothing has soured recent drafts (ajj and lmj don't count, i was blacked out) like the utter infestation of the top couple rounds by the rams.

we know who to blame for this, but what's done is done. oh wait, no it's not, it keeps going and going this gift. for all those years of suck why couldn't we have ever been presented with an offer like that? i guess we had the smiff deal so i'll leave the whining at that. either way, i'm over seeing prospects i really liked going to the stl. luckily they've missed on a couple of them (quick) or the nfcwest pyramid might look different.

SO…the former lambs have a laundry list of picks in a draft for the ages. they also have the 2nd and 13th picks in the first.
i'm curious what peeps see as the biggest concern for prospects at those picks. who do you not want to see in blue and yellow?

- them trading back is my biggest concern. so much depth that they could just keep this evil trick rolling, and still get the studs they want.

- watkins and matthews/lewan. other than accruing more picks this is the one that concerns me most i'd say. i think those two OTs are can't miss and watkins' has the upside to actually make such a high pick worthy. i wouldn't use that pick for a wr normally, but given their positioning it actually makes some sense.

- robinson and evans. the even bigger upside play OT and a beast of a receiver. this might be a what i see as the most likely scenario. i'm more wary of watkins game changing potential, but ****, that's a pretty nasty combo as well.

- robinson and dennard. oh boy. physicality. you have to think fisher salivates over that pairing. the best corner and OT in the draft. they can obviously get a great wr later in the draft. guys like jordan matthews or robinson aren't that far behind what evans is. oh ****, now i think this is the combo i'm least eager to see.

- they have a big safety need. feels early for that at 12. a trade back would allow them shots at pryor or dennard. jeez.

i'm not scared of the lambs. but the talent they are accruing is nasty. and to roll into this particular draft with that ammo is crayballs. really just nauseated by them at this point. one more draft and hopefully the nightmare that is the rg3 deal becomes history.

SO...who you got them taking, or more pointedly, who do you really not want to see them getting?
Pryor and any stud Olinemen will make me cry.
I'd be surprised if they didn't kill it yet again. Snead is a good young GM, talent evaluator. I'm just glad they reached for Austin last year.

If I were them I'd trade down from #2 if some team desperate for a QB wants to trade up. Otherwise I'd grab Robinson who can learn to pass block while playing RT early in his career and dominate in the run game, and then with their next pick take BPA. Whether that's a receiver like Evans, or if one of the LB'ers like Barr or Mosley is around 13 then take one of them. Or trade down a few spots and take a CB or S or WR. They'll have plenty of options and it will be hard for them not to hit on some of their picks. They could also take Donald at 13 and build up their beast Dline even more. Him and Brockers inside would be unfair
i'd be utterly disgusted to see donald go there. it'd be just like brockers all over again.
yeah that would be brutal to have to deal with. Donald is a BEAST.
A top tackle and Sammy Watkins... Mike Evans could be a real baller, but I think Watkins is a lock to be a prime time WR in thE NFL, IMO... plays bigger than his height, great deep ball skills and magic with the ball in his hands. The greatest players are the ones that make it look easy, and Watkins game is effortless.

A solid OT is important and all, but a great OT isn't gonna be the difference between a great and a bad team. OT's are too hit and miss, and in the grand scheme of things, they don't impact the game the way a top defensive or offensive playmaker does. Joe Thomas is a Top 5 OT and the Browns offense has been a joke for years. Staley and A. Davis are IMO as good as any OT's in the game and both of them came out of the Top 10.

Rams passing game is thirsty for a playmaker, and if you draft a QB like Bradford #1 and then expect him to excel with a contributing WR (Givens) and a gimmick playmaker (T. Austin), that's a fail.

Bring in Watkins, and not only do you add an elite playmaker, but now Austin just became much more dangerous.
Watkins is a pumped up version of austin IMO. No way they take watkins. They absolutely need to pass protect bradford. Especially with the defenses they have to face 6 times a year. Watkins will not make the difference if the QB can't get him the ball.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
More...

Worst case scenario: they trade down with ATL for their 1st next year, who takes Clowney, draft Jake Mathews then at 13 grab Dennard to replace Finnegan
As long as they have Sam I'm not worried about them...in terms of winning the div. They'll continue to be tough to play against. Just hope they don't draft Clowney. All others won't bother me. Well maybe Dennard @ 13 would.
Clowney and Quinn would be ****ing unfair.
With Long to rotate...I would be sick. Kaep would be running for his life every time he drops back.

ANd now that I think about it, As much as CLowney would be stupid, what about Mack? Forget clowney, they would now have a pass rushing STUD OLB that can cover ground in that defense. Talk about blitz issues. You could line him up anywhere and send him from there. Their D-line is BEASTLY as it is. That would give you, Long, Quinn, and Mack rushing the QB if need be.
Def. and people crap on Bradford but he's had literally no talent around him. The OLine was atrocious so he kept getting hurt and not much talent to throw to or much of a run game and their D wasnt too great either do they were always behind. Yet he didn't turn the ball over and had a few upset games along the way.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Why they knock Sam when their qb sucks! Sam's going to show those a-holes who's the best qb in the division this year!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I like that they seem worried about us, they should be.

They seem to be much more reasonable than the douche-sticks over at the Seahawks forum that are so far up in kukoo land, they think no-one can touch them...

jap

Legend
Worst case scenario: they trade down with ATL for their 1st next year, who takes Clowney, draft Jake Mathews then at 13 grab Dennard to replace Finnegan

They wish that was the worst scenario. What'll they do if Cleveland trades both Round One picks to us to move up to the #2 overall selection. :sneaky:

As long as they have Sam I'm not worried about them...in terms of winning the div. They'll continue to be tough to play against. Just hope they don't draft Clowney. All others won't bother me. Well maybe Dennard @ 13 would.

Keep insulting Sam the Ram, morons. If our young receivers improve as expected, they won't believe what is hitting them. Look out for the scud missile barrage to Givens, Tavon, Quick, and Sted.

Clowney and Quinn would be ****ing unfair.

With Long to rotate...I would be sick. Kaep would be running for his life every time he drops back.

ANd now that I think about it, As much as CLowney would be stupid, what about Mack? Forget clowney, they would now have a pass rushing STUD OLB that can cover ground in that defense. Talk about blitz issues. You could line him up anywhere and send him from there. Their D-line is BEASTLY as it is. That would give you, Long, Quinn, and Mack rushing the QB if need be.

That's the whole point, suckers! And our DE's don't need any DT's holding
blockers to invade your backfield either. :ROFLMAO:

Def. and people crap on Bradford but he's had literally no talent around him. The OLine was atrocious so he kept getting hurt and not much talent to throw to or much of a run game and their D wasnt too great either do they were always behind. Yet he didn't turn the ball over and had a few upset games along the way.

A voice of reason & wisdom among the hordes of Frisco morons. Perhaps there's hope
for Frisco yet---not! :LOL:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I like that they seem worried about us, they should be.

They seem to be much more reasonable than the douche-sticks over at the Seahawks forum that are so far up in kukoo land, they think no-one can touch them...
LMAO I'm going to love after this years draft pummeling the ShitHawks. That fan base seems like they are about 72 cents short of a dollar.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
"With Long to rotate...I would be sick. Kaep would be running for his life every time he drops back.
ANd now that I think about it, As much as CLowney would be stupid, what about Mack? Forget clowney, they would now have a pass rushing STUD OLB that can cover ground in that defense. Talk about blitz issues. You could line him up anywhere and send him from there. Their D-line is BEASTLY as it is. That would give you, Long, Quinn, and Mack rushing the QB if need be."

This guy is right but so is the guy that says they really need to fix the line to protect Bradford.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I love anything that aggravates those clowns. Can't wait to hear their agony after the draft too.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I have to agree with most of what I read. They are smarter than I give them credit for, but being down here in So. Cal I am still going to water the hell out of my lawn and shower daily.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dam that was juicy as heck...

Keep this rolling, guys. Niners are sick with our pix, love it. Lol

Watkins would upgrade the whole core, agreed. I think I'm off the Robinson bandwagon and back on the Watkins train! CHOOO-CHOOOOO!!! Yeah! It's a a love train, boys! All aboard! ;)

SierraRam

Recreational User
I have to agree with most of what I read. They are smarter than I give them credit for, but being down here in So. Cal I am still going to water the hell out of my lawn and shower daily.

Don't give them too much credit. For every 1 true whiner fan, there's 10 bandwagon jumpers who can't name 5 guys on their roster. They rightfully sense their window closing because of all the off-field distractions and Hairball's ego-maniac behavior.

On the other hand, its uber-dry up here in NorCal. Please keep showering, but the lawn needs to go. ;)

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'd be surprised if they didn't kill it yet again. Snead is a good young GM, talent evaluator. I'm just glad they reached for Austin last year.

If I were them I'd trade down from #2 if some team desperate for a QB wants to trade up. Otherwise I'd grab Robinson who can learn to pass block while playing RT early in his career and dominate in the run game, and then with their next pick take BPA. Whether that's a receiver like Evans, or if one of the LB'ers like Barr or Mosley is around 13 then take one of them. Or trade down a few spots and take a CB or S or WR. They'll have plenty of options and it will be hard for them not to hit on some of their picks. They could also take Donald at 13 and build up their beast Dline even more. Him and Brockers inside would be unfair

This guy is pretty smart for a 49er fan.

SierraRam

Recreational User
This guy is pretty smart for a 49er fan.

Yeah - I work with a guy who's followed them since the early 60's. He's "pretty smart for a 49er fan" too. But I'll stick with my 10/1 fan-to-shithead ratio

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Don't give them too much credit. For every 1 true whiner fan, there's 10 bandwagon jumpers who can't name 5 guys on their roster. They rightfully sense their window closing because of all the off-field distractions and Hairball's ego-maniac behavior.

On the other hand, its uber-dry up here in NorCal. Please keep showering, but the lawn needs to go. ;)
Copy That sierra I wil try and run the sprinklers at a minimum.