What the hell is this?! - Strike on ISIS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If you watch the strike, it's two hits that opens the building. Then stop it at 11 seconds and you'll see second missiles going through the same holes that blow up huge. I've never heard of that.

It LOOKS like they tried to edit the second one out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It could be that they were opening up the building for better penetration by the follow up missile but I'm not really sure.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It could be that they were opening up the building for better penetration by the follow up missile but I'm not really sure.

Yeah, it's wild. The second missles go right through the holes.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure I've seen this on tv before. Just as you said, the first makes impact and provides an opening for the second to penetrate and cause more damage.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The precision is impressive. They can fly those things literally into the front door. Bunker buster baby.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The logistics of doing that. It's pretty badass. I wonder what the second missile tracks on?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
That's almost as much penetration as the defenses had on Sunday, wow

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It could be that they were opening up better penetration by the follow up missile but I'm not really sure.
tumblr_lsm1ramQq21qkaysoo1_500.gif

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some French bloke has had his head chopped off now by a Algerian jihadist group linked to Islamic State (IS). That'll be them surrendering then.

69superbowl

Rookie
That beheading stuff is brutal, but for fuksakes, why in the fuuck would anyone be in those high risk areas now?

69superbowl

Rookie
Broke, I understand the need for journalists to keep the world abreast of ongoing conflicts, atrocities, etc. but there has to be common sense. The recent French guy was a mountain guide - a tourist - in a sketchy area. Is self preservation not one of the most innate of all senses? These folks are rolling the dice that they won't get snatched up for the sake of a story that could likely be as well or better told through other sources. Journalists are supposed to report the story, not be the story. I wish they would all pull out and use other means. If they have a family to support it is just plain selfish. At least roll with well armed security.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Looks like we may be wasting valuable Tomahawk missiles that will soon be in short supply.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Those are JDAMS, a lot of times, depending on the type of middle (as the JDAM is a guidance system that makes dumb bombs smart) they will send two first so they can penetrate the building (especially if it's multilayered or has a basement) which allows the bomb that's actually supposed to do the damage, can be much more effective in the strike.

From my understanding, from talking to pilots who'd do our airstrikes, a lot of bombs are essentially using censors to find the target and goes to say hello. Using fins, they're pretty much gliding (bombs don't have means of propulsion like missles) to their target. Lasers, GPS, all that is taken in by the censors that tell it where to go. They are very precise, we are also perfecting artillery that self corrects and can hit a V17 panel (probably about 2x2 feet) dead center from 26 miles away, first shot. Which if you don't know how call for fire works, its very impressive.

After the second bomb hit they just zoomed out, they do that to look for squirters to pick off if necessary.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Looks like a school to me, if in fact the video is even a filming of a real event. No way to know.

So you can tell it's a school and not a hospital? (n)

LOL at the "real event" remark......come on dude there is video of the strikes all over, even poor Syrians have cell phones with cameras. Are you really going to belittle peoples efforts to stop tyrannical oppressive religious zealots?

I suppose the 130,000 people that are now homeless refugees because of ISIS are also a hoax right......

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Those are JDAMS, a lot of times, depending on the type of middle (as the JDAM is a guidance system that makes dumb bombs smart) they will send two first so they can penetrate the building (especially if it's multilayered or has a basement) which allows the bomb that's actually supposed to do the damage, can be much more effective in the strike.

From my understanding, from talking to pilots who'd do our airstrikes, a lot of bombs are essentially using censors to find the target and goes to say hello. Using fins, they're pretty much gliding (bombs don't have means of propulsion like missles) to their target. Lasers, GPS, all that is taken in by the censors that tell it where to go. They are very precise, we are also perfecting artillery that self corrects and can hit a V17 panel (probably about 2x2 feet) dead center from 26 miles away, first shot. Which if you don't know how call for fire works, its very impressive.

After the second bomb hit they just zoomed out, they do that to look for squirters to pick off if necessary.

I read that the effective range for Tomahawk missiles is several hundred miles with that kind of precise accuracy.......is that correct?