What the Cardinals fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have frequented this board for years as a Phx Suns fan and openly as a Rams fan(under the same username i have here). The majority of these Cards fans i would consider knowledgeable and old school(long timers).
I always find it interesting to read the rival fans' comments leading up to gameday vs our Rams.
Enjoy!

Predictions:
I see the Cards winning this one in a close one.
44 - 9. The wrong way.
28-13, bad guys.
33-19 Cards.
24-17 Good guys
Cards 31
Rams 10
31 - 27 Cards.
20-16 Cards.
24-13 Rams

This game will not be indicative of the season, it just that the Cardinals do not match up well with the Rams.

Carson Palmer sacked at least 3 times.
Rams 27
Cardinals 17
Bad matchup too early in the season.
Cards 23-20. I think this game will be close but we have Palmer to comeback and win the day for us in a nail biter.
24-10 Rams
27-26 good guys.
28-16 Stl
We're a long way off from our players being on the same page on both sides of the ball.

On the plus side, St. Louis secondary is poor, and I think they are trying to change their identity on offense, post Steven Jackson...

Recipe for a very dull game. We fall 19-13.
Cards 5 Rams 11.
Rams: 4
Cards: 2
17-12 Cardinals
Rams 20-16

Four trips to the red zone and we only come away with 1 touchdown.

However, if defense or specialteams score, we win 23 -20.
27-24 Cards win with a last second FG.
27-13 Lambs....Fisher will have the D flying around and Palmer will put a few up for grabs....We will also lament the fact we can't stop the Rams no name running backs....
Inept game by both which we will call a defensive battle:

Rams 10
Cards 9
Cards 27 rams 24

Palmer gets 325 yards and 2 TDs. Stepfan taylor gets the third.

Rams run on us all day but bradford throws two picks
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/cardinals-rams-prediction-thread-9-8-a-199013.html
------------------------------------------------------------
Other opinions:
Cant figure out why they get so much love. They had the best divisional record last year and that seems to be everyones only agruement. ESPN power rankings have Cards at #26 amd Rams at #15.

I cant think of a position other than pass rush that the Rams look better.

Cards>Rams: QB, WR, RB, TE?, CB, ILB, Safeties?

Cards are gonna thump them this weekend.
Their strength (pass rush) has been our kryptonite. That trumps any perceived advantages that we may have. If they sack our QB 10 times, nothing else matters. Let's hope we have some plan in place to avoid what happened last year in St. Louis. There were many times when their pass rush actually beat the ball back to Kolb.
While the divisional record is HUGE, this game is won and loss in the trenches and the Rams have a strong DLine and a good Oline. They also have pretty good team speed now. Especially, with the addition of the best playmaker in college football last year in Tavon Austin.

Carson Palmer has more experience, but I've got to see how Sam Bradford performs with weapons for the first time in his career before I give a possibly declining Palmer the edge.

Cardinals have the best CB, but I'd say the Rams have the better CB unit.
Comparing one MLB vs. two ILBs is a tricky comparison but I'd take Laurinatis over everyone but Washington who will miss the first 4 games.

And anyone who believes that the Cardinals are better at TE than the Rams or any other team in the league for that matter is really kidding themselves
This game will show if we have a coaching staff that knows what they are doing. If they don't give Levi some help against that Rams pass rush then we know we have an idiot for a coach.
Trying to use the Cardinals offensive line to stop the Rams defensive line is like trying to stop a F% tornado with a pinwheel.

THAT is why the Rams are getting our respect right now.

It is extremely difficult to do anything in football offensively when all four opposing linemen are having a continual picnic in your backfield .025 seconds after the snap of the ball.

And that is not as big an over dramatization as many of us would want it to be.

It doesn't help the Rams could win this game 12-10 and never get past the oppositions 40 yard line.
The edge is pretty thin at QB. But if you'd rather have a gimpy Rob Housler and Jim Dray over Jared Cook and Lance Kendricks, more power to you.

I love me some Patrick Peterson, but I don't think that Patrick Peterson + Jerraud Powers > Janoris Jenkins + Cortland Finnegan.
I think the game plan will have an effect on this game. If BA game plans correctly the Cardinals have a good chance. He is going to need to establish some sort of running game and possibly some WR screens and other quick passes to slow down what will probably be a pretty good pass rush from the Lambs.

He also needs to take a couple of shots down field early to at least have the threat of a vertical attack. This would at least have the Lamb safeties thinking about supporting the passing defense and not crowd the LOS to stop the run. Our TE production may be key in this game. Let's hope he kept it under wraps in the pre-season.

Levi is definitely going to need some help with at least a TE chip or RB chip on the DE. I expect to see the Lambs run a lot of stunts especially on the left side of our line as Levi and College seem to have difficulty with stunts.
No special love; just an objective look at what the Rams have done since last season. As I see it.

- All 5 receivers are formidable. Their starting tandem of Austin, the TE Cook and Givens have improved 2 of Bradford's 3 receiving weapons.

- Jackson he gone.

- Their OL (featuring Long and Saffold) as bookends) are better than last year. The interior guys are pretty good.

- Their D-line can stop the run inside with Brockers and the other dude (backed up at MLB by Laurinaitis). Long and Quinn had over 20 sacks between them last year, and now they have Ogletree at OLB to provide extra pressure.

- They've got three capable corners in Finnegan, Jenkins and their #3 guy.

-Where they may be vulnerable is safety. They sucked there last year and both starters from then are gone. The only noteworthy replacement was rookie TJ McDonald (a better hitter than cover guy).

- Hekkers is a sub-average punter. Zuerlein is said to be all leg and no consistent accuracy. Austin figures to upgrade a previously sucky return unit.

This not to say that the Cards haven't improved in a lot of areas too. Only that the Rams look to be a formidable foe.
I think our best chance to win the game is the really gameplan against the Rams' D-Line and pass rush. Lots of outside zone runs, misdirection and screen passes to punish overly aggressive lineman and wear them out (especially early on). Then when they rotate to backup D-lineman, throw deep the Fitz, Floyd, or Peterson. If the Cards can get the StL defense guessing and at least respecting our option to run, I think we can hit them downfield with big playaction passes. I respect both Jennings and Finnegan at CB, but both Fitz and Floyd are way bigger than them and matchup well. We should have the advantage on "50/50" deep balls and corner fades near the endzone.
Reason #1 . They are a team on the rise.
Reason #2 . They got themselves a very good coach.
Reason #3 . They spent money wisely in the free agent market.
Reason #4 . Their new owner doesn't mind winning.
Reason #5 . They seem to have a plan at draft time.
The Rams beat us like a red haired stepchild on National TV in St Louis last year. Nothing lucky about it.

They are stronger on D and we have improved our OL and QB. The Rams will come out fast and belt us in the mouth. Will we fold or respond is the question. Just how tough is the Cardinal team? The D looked soft to me in preseason.

I don't know what to expect but I am not confident at all.

Cards are clearly steonger to me at:

QB - Palmer put up better numbers on a lesser team last season, nuff said.

WR - Our 3rd WR IN Andre Roberts is better than anyone on their roster. tavon Austin? What has he done so far?

CB - Janoris Jenkins is way too small and had 2-3 picks vs Cards last year because Kolb threw the ball directly to him every time. PP, Jerraud, Powers, Flemming, Mathieu?? Are you kidding me? Finnigan is a household name because hes nasty, he is not an elite corner.

ILB - Laurinitis is good but Dwash is top 3 in the NFL. Add Carlos Dansby and a promising rookie? Ill take our crop.

Safeties - while Cards arent dominant in this area, the Cards have the patchwork in place, the Rams do not.

RBs - Once again, superior talent level. Darrel Richardson, Isaah Peed? Really!?!

Rams clearly better:

OL - i dint want to hear this - "the game is won in the trenches." if they have no playmakers, the Cards keep Palmer upright, and the Cards contain the run, its not that big of an advantage. Ill take our QB amd WR domiance over their above average lines

DL - See above
I tend to agree with all the areas I have highlighted. Bradford has yet to prove he is in the elite class or even the above average class. At WR we are better and Austin still has to prove he can cut it in the NFL which I still have my doubts about especially once he gets blown up by a safety or a LB as he comes across the middle.

Finnigan is not really that good a CB and he has made a career with being a dirty player more than a good CB.

I believe our ILB are better than the Rams, unfortunately Dwash will not be playing. Hopefully Dansby can fill the void.

Our RB group as a whole is better than the Rams. If Mendenhall and Williams can get the run game going the Rams may be in for a long day. The question is can our defense stop what is really a very ordinary group of Ram RBs.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/why-so-much-love-for-the-lambs-198984.html

A55VA6

Legend
Atleast some of them are being realistic and giving decent scores. Saying the Rams will win or saying their team will win is fine.. gotta have faith in your team.. but saying the Cards will blow out the Rams is just dumb. lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thanks for the effort putting this post together, mojo. That was a lot of work!

Some good comments. Some bad comments. Some of those guys clearly don't know our team.

They have Peterson - best CB on the field - but they don't have a better CB unit.

I love Fitzgerald, but like Peterson, I'm not sure the sum of parts over there exceed the "potential" we bring this year. I guess we'll see.

Palmer is better than anyone they've had for a while, but Bradford behind our oline is the better bet.

Gotta love their optimism... but on the road week one is a tough assignment.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
A lot of them make good points, some don't, but i don't blame them.

A lot of us Rams fans have been doing the same thing some of those posters have been saying for many years now lol. They are at the bottom now and still having hope and using any excuse possible which we should understand pretty well.

Having said that, some of what they say is way off, but i am glad to see some with their head on straight.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I can't stand a delusional fan. They just spout off the wall bullshit with backing. Kinda pisses me off, even if its a rams fan. I appreciate those being realistic. I'm not saying that us winning means they are realistic, but those who actually acknowledged the pros and cons of the teams. That is to be respected in my opinion.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I stopped reading the quotes after this:
On the plus side, St. Louis secondary is poor, and I think they are trying to change their identity on offense, post Steven Jackson...

It's one thing to say the safety play is a question mark, it's another to debase the play of the CBs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Damn! Thanks mojo. That was a true board effort right there.
I award you two kudos.

:star: :star:

iced

lot of hilarious comments in there.

i saw some comments where they think they have better running backs, tight ends, cb unit, and qb? Those really made me laugh.

Palmer is a pick machine who constantly threw because of the defense in oakland sucked, and he put up the majority of the numbers in the 2nd half.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The perception from the Cards fans that i've been mostly reading and finding amusing to digest is the perception that Tavon Austin is the guy that they must fear the most in the passing game. Personally i feel that its going to take some time for Tavon to get comfortable and find his groove running routes and getting YAC.

Peterson is a good corner,but IMO Givens has progressed very quickly. More quickly than many opposing fans have noticed(not opposing coaching staffs btw :ww: )

I could only HOPE that the Cards coaching staff tries to key in on Tavon this weekend. Big mistake IMO.
Givens will see PP and still find a way to make a big play,and they have NO ONE who can cover Cook.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mr Secondary Sucks, meet Ray Ray and his friends. Hello, I see you have a ball, sorry, it's mine now, goodbye.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
RamsSince1969 said:
Mr Secondary Sucks, meet Ray Ray and his friends. Hello, I see you have a ball, sorry, it's mine now, goodbye.

i really love this comment

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
OK, they talk about our pass rush but what about their horrendous OL? That applimplifes the pass rush of any team. That's either ignorance or denial... maybe both.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Carson Palmer..

Two years ago, due to injuries, I had to start Palmer in the the 2 rd of fantasy playoffs. I lost the game by less than 2 points where Palmer tallied -2 for my team. Think about that... :shock:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
mojorizen7 said:
The perception from the Cards fans that i've been mostly reading and finding amusing to digest is the perception that Tavon Austin is the guy that they must fear the most in the passing game. Personally i feel that its going to take some time for Tavon to get comfortable and find his groove running routes and getting YAC.

Peterson is a good corner,but IMO Givens has progressed very quickly. More quickly than many opposing fans have noticed(not opposing coaching staffs btw :ww: )

I could only HOPE that the Cards coaching staff tries to key in on Tavon this weekend. Big mistake IMO.
Givens will see PP and still find a way to make a big play,and they have NO ONE who can cover Cook.
I think Tavon is why the "honey fucker" was drafted.

They are drafting to compete with US in the future, and not the other skanky teams in the NFC West.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I remember 2008-11 being delusional, thinking the Rams were much better than they were. I was delusional then. I know that now.

And I can say with total undelusional thought that the Rams are a much better team than Arizona. I might be biased, but...the Rams DL is better, the Linebackers are better, the CB group is better, the safeties might be a little worse (but I really don't know because we haven't seen them play). The Rams QB is better, the O-line is better, the RB might be equal, the TE are better, other than Fitzgerald I think the Rams WR group is better.

The only way, and I mean only way, the Cardinals can win this game is if the Rams come out flat (unlikely being that it's the first game and at home), the Rams are unprepared for a new coaching staff's preparation/scheming, the Rams rookies are exploited, the refs are completely unfair, and the Rams turn it over multiple times. Otherwise, I don't see a way in Hades that the Cardinals can win this game, especially after losing Cooper.

If I were a betting man, and I'm not, I would bet a serious hunk of money on the Rams -4.5 I would be surprised if the Cardinals were within 7 points of this game

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The things that I laughed at:

Finnegan is only known because he plays dirty.

Andre Roberts is better than any Receiver on the Rams

The Cardinals TEs are better than the Rams TEs

The guy who gave zero respect to the Rams backup DLinemen

I hope:

Richardson and company can get something going against the Cardinals D. It sounds like some of their fans see the run D as a liability.

Sam does not throw dumb picks in this game, especially to Peterson.
If he does it would be what loses the game.

The Rams pass rush does not start the season slowly. They did last year, esp. Chris Long.

The safeties don't get burned by Fitzgerald

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I remember back when I was delusional about the Rams. I hope I'm not still delusional about them. I can't fault the Cards fans for thinking they have a better team than what they have. They have a new HC who will bring them to the promise land. Of course they're excited.

nighttrain

Legend
Tron said:

A lot of us Rams fans have been doing the same thing some of those posters have been saying for many years now lol. They are at the bottom now and still having hope and using any excuse possible which we should understand pretty well.

Having said that, some of what they say is way off, but i am glad to see some with their head on straight.
what I don't understand is the lack of respect for Jenkins, way to small? this is laughable
train

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
nighttrain said:
Tron said:

what I don't understand is the lack of respect for Jenkins, way to small? this is laughable
train

Haters gonna hate

WvuIN02

Starter
There is more honesty in those comments than you would find on 99% of NFL message boards. Browns fans think they are going to win the SB every year and talk trash constantly.

It's easy for fanbases to get apathetic after a few years of major suckage, and cant fault people for being excited for hiring a coach who has succeeded everywhere.

That said, Rams 28-Cards 17