What Texans fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we ever have opportunities to showcase a backup, maybe teams would want to trade for him. McVay missed a chance to showcase Mannion. Or so it seems. Maybe he has little faith in Sean to throw the ball. Or maybe he likes him a lot and wants to hang onto him, so he doesn't want people to know he can play well.
Yeah... when he's gotten in games, obviously the Rams are up by a lot. So, don't want to run salt in wounds... but I wish we could see Mannion throw the ball some more in those situations... of course, by then, the seconds are in the game.

Hope we never find out if Mannion can be productive with the ones when the bullets are flying but it might be interesting to see.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-some-work-with-texans-first-string-offense/

T.J. Yates gets some work with Texans’ first-string offense
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 9, 2017

870551456-e1510225190451.jpg

Getty Images

Texans coach Bill O’Brien has been known to have a quick hook with his quarterbacks, so the news that backup T.J. Yates was getting some work with the first string on Wednesday is eye opening.

With Deshaun Watson out for the season, Yates is the backup to starter Tom Savage, with Josh Johnson as the third-stringer. Since Savage has spent most of the season working with the second team, it would seem to make sense to give him plenty of work with the first team now that he’s starting. That Yates is working with the first string raises the question of whether O’Brien will bench Savage for Yates.

Yates started two late-season games for the Texans in 2015, and the Texans won both of them, helping them get to the playoffs. The Texans have lost both of the games Savage started this season. They were 3-3 in games started by Deshaun Watson.

Without Watson, the Texans are very unlikely to make the playoffs. But as long as they’re only two games out in the AFC South, they’re going to try everything they can to make a late-season run — everything except signing Colin Kaepernick, that is. So it wouldn’t be surprising to see O’Brien try giving Yates a shot.
-----------
T.J. Yates? Josh Johnson??? C’mon…they aren’t trying the OBVIOUS, let alone everything.
---------
My condolences, Texans fans. We saw him in the preseason with the Bills, and he was terrible. The 5th-round rookie QB, Nathan Peterman, completely outplayed him. If Yates starts, expect a loss.
-----------
Seriously? Let’s end this circus and give Kap a shot. At this point, it is unlikely they will make the playoffs. The top pick is gone, the defense is a mess. What’s the worst thing that can happen? They don’t make the playoffs and get a better draft pick? The upside? They rally, and make the post season. What will the fans think? Winning cures all.
----------
Texans were a playoff team with DeShaun Watson as there QB, now they have little to no chance with T.J. Yates and Tom Savage. Texans Defense is good but I don’t know if its good enough to overcome bad quarterback play!!
----------
I wonder what the players are feeling when they know the people running their teams aren’t going all out for winning. They’re asking the players to go all out 100%, but we all know this is a QB league, and there are way better QBs available. So it’s hard to try to get the players to keep their political feelings to themselves when the owners are sacrificing the season for their own political feelings.

You might hate Colin Kaepernick personally, but there’s no denying what he did in San Francisco. He took them to the super bowl the first year he got on the field, and back to the championship game the second. We also know that first and second year QBs haven’t reached their prime yet. Their best years come later.

So go ahead players. Go out and get those concussions. Go get those knee surgeries. Meanwhile, the owners aren’t even trying. I understand it all, but at least it’s out there for everyone of us to see. That’s difficult to look at, so I don’t blame those who will go right out and stick there head in the sand. It’s not a pretty look.
---------
Just had to get that CK shot in there. There must be a daily quota on this website. At this point I hope he gets signed and fails. These writers would have a lot to answer for of CK doesn’t play like a pro bowler. You can’t advocate for a player like this and then have them play like a 3rd stringer. A lot of credibility is at stake .

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/how-bad-is-it.112669/

How bad is it?

12 inches with no vaseline bad.
----------
It'll get worse before it gets better. One of the most alarming issues I see is that the Texans entire secondary is going downhill fast. K Jackson and Joseph are no spring chickens and K. Johnson is proving to be a liability because he's always coming back from an injury. Their safeties are awful. Tack on the lack of pass rushers and the defense is an unmitigated disaster.

The Rams are going to expose just had bad the Texans really are. I expect Goff is going to throw deep often, especially early.
----------
Lack of a pass rush will make any secondary look bad
---------
This team is being run like it is still training camp and exhibition games. :firehair: Total and absolute chaos.
---------
http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/game-9-here-we-go-again-los-angeles-rams.112655/page-3

Game 9...Here We Go Again...Los Angeles Rams!

i really hope the rams drop 60 on us.
---------
This is the type of game where you just sit in front of the TV with a bottle of Jack Daniels and weed and just have a good laugh. What we did to the Titans, get ready for that to happen to us several times before this season is over with
----------
27-17 Rams
---------
Rams 48
Texans 7

This could be ugly ala Atlanta and Miami.
--------
I would have hope for an upset if anybody but Tom Savage were starting at quarterback. I just don't have a lot of faith in him to lead this team to a victory. Hopefully I'm wrong and I want to be wrong. But how much longer must I "try to believe" that Tom Savage is going to materialize into a decent pro quarterback?
---------
I'm only going to hope that O'Brien pulls the wraps off a new gameplan angle for Savage that allows this team to put some points on the board while forcing the defense to win or lose the game. I'd be ok with this.
---------
Even with Watson, your best hope at a victory here would have been 48-45 or something. This defense sucks. Watson was just putting up points like crazy. Now that he's no longer there to do that, the scores are going to be a lot more lopsided when you playa quality team (i.e., not the Colts).
--------
Ummm ya. At this point, not being totally embarrassed against quality opponents is a bonus. Unfortunately, embarrassed is what will happen Sunday. 44-10 Rams.
--------
The Rams beat that Texans ass in 2013 in Houston. And the Rams were terrible then, they are good now. This may be really bad.....
--------
It's an ill wind that blows nobody good. One 70-0 loss is all it will take to get rid of OB, even though it will be mostly the fault of the FO.
----------
https://www.battleredblog.com/2017/11/7/16621408/houston-texans-podcast-thats-all-folks#comments

How I feel talking about the Texans QBs...
giphy.gif

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jeeesh, if Mannion was as good as Goff, well he'd be starting
Of course he's not (as good as Goff)... I get that... but would he be productive enough... would the "system" be enough to elevate Mannion to where the Rams woujld still be successful?

Kind of a Bobby Buzzkill there don't ya think?
Just musing... not trying to kills any buzzes. ;)

Like I said, the comments about how much of an impact Watson had on HOU (and how they are pretty much resigned to failure the rest of this season) just got me to thinking.

I think the Rams would be in much better shape were anything to happen to Goff... and that's a good thing!

I don't think we'd be talking about it as a disaster, like the HOU fans are... I think McVay's system would elevate Mannion and the Rams would continue to be successful. As successful as it is with Goff? No, but maybe successful enough to continue winning games on a consistent basis.

I was just wondering if others felt that wold be the case as well.

nighttrain

Legend
Of course he's not (as good as Goff)... I get that... but would he be productive enough... would the "system" be enough to elevate Mannion to where the Rams would still be successful?
Hmm, dont think it's as much the system as the QB
train

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/What-Theyre-Saying-The-Houston-Texans-/5aee20ee-f8a7-4654-a8ff-374847021f42

What They're Saying: The Houston Texans
Kristen Lago/Rams Writer/Reporter

AP_17288777710565.jpg

Heading into Week 10 of the regular season, check out what the Houston Texans’' coaches and players had to say about their matchup against the Los Angeles Rams at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum:

On what he has seen in terms of development from QB Jared Goff:

“Jared has shown a lot of improvement from last season to this season. The Rams are doing really good right now. I always told people that when he was a rookie. He was young and seeing Jared how he went at Cal, what he needed to do was get comfortable, get comfortable with his teammates, with the system. I talked to him. He really likes his head coach, his teammates and they got him Sammy Watkins.” - Texans’ TE Stephen Anderson

“Where do you begin? (Rams Head Coach) Sean’s (McVay) done a great job with this guy. Jared, I spent time with him before the draft. He’s a very bright guy, obviously drafted at No. 1 with great arm talent, intelligence, competitiveness. I think the things that Sean is doing with him make them very difficult to stop from a defensive point of view, whether it’s a quick passing game or the shots down the field with the different play-actions that they have.

Obviously, (RB) Todd Gurley (II) running the football – they’ve got it going. To me, they’re one of the best teams – they’re playing as one of the best teams in the league right now, so it’s a very difficult challenge for us.” - Texans’ HC Bill O’Brien

“Goff’s doing a great job distributing the football to everybody and it seems like you can’t really key on anyone in the offense. They are doing a great job of just having a balanced offense. Goff is definitely in a groove, their offense is in a groove so we have to disrupt that on defense in the backend and try to limit all that stuff.” - Texans’ CB Kevin Johnson

On what makes the Rams difficult to defend when it comes to their offensive weapons:

“If you look at their receivers, they’ve got a good mixture of receivers – they have good size and speed, they have quickness, all of them are very competitive, have great hands, very smart, instinctive route runners. The tight ends do a really good job in the running game and in the passing game – Gurley at running back. They’re strong in every area.

Their offensive line is playing well and they’re just doing a very good job. Obviously, Sean is doing a great job. Those guys are being put in positions to make plays and they’ve scored 50 points, they’ve scored 40 points – they’re doing a great job.” - Texans HC Bill O’Brien

“They have a very balanced attack. They have a ton of weapons and are just kind of distributing the ball to everybody. They have a couple good receivers, a good running back, good tight ends and the quarterback is doing a good job of getting the ball to all of them.” - Texans’ CB Kevin Johnson

“We have to stop them from scoring. They are a good team, having a good year so we have to go out there and play hard. Stop the run, build a wall from the line of scrimmage. We’ll try to focus on things we try to do every week, go out there and be able to stop them.”” - Texans’ DT D.J. Reader

On what makes a Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips’ defense challenging:

“I just think when you give Wade Phillips the players that he has he really knows how to create an attacking style defense where, when you line up you just feel like these guys are all over you. They’re close to the of scrimmage with the front and with their secondary and they play up in your face type defense. They’re an attacking defense. They’re a one-gap defense. I’ve been sitting here for a couple days now watching (DT) Aaron Donald. This guy’s one of the best players I’ve seen. He’s a great player.

But, then they have a lot of other guys: (LB Alec) Ogletree, (DT Michael) Brockers, and (OLB Robert) Quinn – I mean they’ve got guys up and down the roster that fit well with what he wants to do and he knows how to put it all together. He’s been doing it a long time. He’s been a pro football coach since he was basically 10 years old (laughs). He’s just been around a long time. He does a great job.”
- Texans’ HC Bill O’Brien

On what he sees from DT Aaron Donald that makes him so special:

“I just think the way that he plays the game, he’s got a very relentless playing style. He uses his hands well. He’s very quick. He’s an attacking guy, he’s tough guy. You’ve got to block him to the echo of the whistle. He never gives up on a play and he’s a great player.” - Texans’ HC Bill O’Brien

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
God I hope the Rams beat up BOB's team so much he'll get the Ben McAdoo treatment.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“If you look at their receivers, they’ve got a good mixture of receivers – they have good size and speed, they have quickness, all of them are very competitive, have great hands, very smart, instinctive route runners. The tight ends do a really good job in the running game and in the passing game – Gurley at running back. They’re strong in every area.

Their offensive line is playing well and they’re just doing a very good job. Obviously, Sean is doing a great job. Those guys are being put in positions to make plays and they’ve scored 50 points, they’ve scored 40 points – they’re doing a great job.” - Texans HC Bill O’Brien

this brings a tear to my eye. think back to last year, how helpless we felt looking at the wrs and the scheme they were in, the hc of the rams, the oc who didn't know anything but vanilla and couldn't fool fans let alone opposition dcs. now, it's just, bliss.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/official-texans-rams.286336/

[Official] Texans @ Rams

Announcers: Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts, Evan Washburn
---------
The massacre of the Bulls... 48-13 Rams... ;(
----------
I bet BOB is already working on his post-game conference losing speech.
---------
well john, we lost in all phases. We have to play smarter. We just didnt do that today.
---------
I don't want to hear any BS about clock management, the QB position, or the Rams kicking our ass. We're on to Arizona.
--------
LA gets their World Series revenge

Texans 7

Rams 38
--------
blowout loss
---------
I'm not sold on goff. The defense will have a chance to make some plays
----------
Watson would have been going for touchdowns no.25, 26 and 27. Just want to cry. Savage with 4 sack fumbles?
-----------
Mike Vrabel on plan vs Rams: play great early and win it in the 4th quarter.

Mike Vrabel on Rams' interest in him last year before they hired Sean McVay: 'Bill [O'Brien made me the coordinator. Trying to do the best job I can here'

Mike Vrabel on Rams' Todd Gurley: 'Cutback, downhill runner, good challenge for us'

Mike Vrabel on Eddie Pleasant as a blitzer: 'Competitive, tough, plays hard. He has some versatility'
----------
savage is still at qb? another loss coming
--------
I hate to say it but this team will not win another game this season.
---------
If Josh Johnson starts the second half we have a real shot
---------

View: https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/928692685153583104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23928692685153583104

----------
Rams offense is pretty awesome, wouldn't be surprised if we got blown out.
----------
Texans are getting their azz rammed!
---------
Texans 6
Rams 52
---------
Texans 27
Rams 24

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This is the type of game where you just sit in front of the TV with a bottle of Jack Daniels and weed and just have a good laugh.
200.webp

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.battleredblog.com/2017/11/9/16629172/t-j-yates-already-taking-first-team-practice-reps

T.J. Yates Already Taking First Team Practice Reps
by Brett Kollmann

usa_today_10393448.0.jpg

Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports

Tom Savage, on the left, looks like Nicolas Cage with better hair. :)
Six days after the Texans signed journeyman quarterback T.J. Yates (who has been in Houston twice before during his seven-year career), Yates is already taking practice reps with the first team offense, per Aaron Wilson.

The last time Yates was with the Texans in 2015, he started two games (winning both), and in Week 10 he came off the bench for an injured Brian Hoyer to defeat the then-undefeated Cincinnati Bengals in primetime on Monday Night Football. Not only that, but Yates is the quarterback who delivered the Texans their first playoff win in franchise history in 2011 (ironically, also over the Bengals).

If there is one thing that T.J. Yates has excelled at during his multiple stints in Houston, it’s winning games that he absolutely should not have been able to win. Hopefully that magic returns to him this weekend to defeat the red hot Los Angeles Rams...of course that is assuming Yates is called upon to relieve Tom Savage at some point during the game (Spoiler Alert: he will be).
------------
Help us TJ Yates, you are our only Hope!!
Begin FORTH, the Bengals SLAYER!!!
----------
We are playing to get the browns a lower pick
---------
It wouldn’t be the first time TJ has come in cold.
He did it in 2011 and again in 2015. He performed well under the circumstances both times.

Weejay is never going to be anyone’s answer at QB: he’s inconsistent and his stat’s aren’t good. But we know has it in him to make big plays and win tough games, which is more than we know about Savage. Obie knows this too. The fact that he has TJ taking some first team snaps speaks volumes about how he views his QB situation.
----------
Where is RG III?
I hear he is available
----------
Probably in the hospital.
---------
like Yates but this is depressing
It’s like driving a Ferrari for a month only to wreck it and having to now ride a bicycle.
----------
Ok i was only able to listen to the game last sunday
And completely avoided most of the articles this week.

Was savage really that bad? I knew he was doing terrible the 1st half but it seemed like he had some chemistry building in the 2nd. I can only go by whats vandy says and he wasnt to impressed so if vandy was saying bad things about savage i should have assumed he looked like complete garbage.
----------
Yes. He played decently for a stretch towards the end of the game (though the announcers said that the colts started playing more conservative defense when that happened. Not sure if true or not), and then proceeded to stare down his first read and miss open receivers in the redzone, which cost us the game. Long story short, he is terrible.
---------
He was playing scared, like he was terrified to make a mistake.
He’ll always be slow and immobile, but he’s usually at least accurate. His fear made him inaccurate on Sunday.
-----------
Accuracy doesn't really matter when you are getting sacked 10 times though...
…and when you stare down a receiver…and when you hold the ball too long…and when you can’t stretch a play for the life of you…and when you are "slow"…or when you can’t read a defense and call a blocking scheme…and when you just suck at being an NFL QB.

So yeah…maybe he is accurate, but it doesn’t matter because he fails miserably at all the other necessary traits.
-----------
Yes, bad
I was at the game sitting pretty far up and saw that he wasn’t reading the field well at all. On almost all of his throws he made terrible reads. I mean there were guys single covered coming out of their breaks and were open but he never got to them because he was too busy staring down Hopkins.

I saw several throws into TRIPLE coverage. Also several that were floated out of bounds on sideline throws. Even many completions (not that there were that many) were harder catches than they needed to be.

More than anything it just reminded me of how good Watson must have been. He took the exact same 10 other guys and gave us the top scoring offense in the NFL. Savage is too slow mentally and physically. I’m sorry to harsh on the guy but that’s the reality.
----------
Yes he was that bad

His throws were embarrassingly off most of the day, 95% of his completions we’re screen passes that got nowhere, and when he did start to play ok it was pretty much just Hopkins bailing him out of poor throws into double, triple, and quadruple coverage.

He was too scared to throw an INT so most of his passes were too far out of bounds for anyone to catch and he was staring down his receivers so badly I could telegraph every single throw like 5 seconds before he made them.
-----------
This is the worst season I’ve ever experienced as a Texans fan.
------------
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...les-Rams/4a78f55e-8e32-4e40-bf7d-85ab0b1f0ebc

Know Your Foe: Los Angeles Rams

John Harris/Texans Analyst

After a month of the 2016 season, their first in Los Angeles in decades, the Los Angeles Rams were 3-1 with one of the most physically gifted rosters in the NFL. However, the season started going off the rails with four straight losses after that start. A win over the Jets on November 13th delayed the inevitable as the Rams lost seven straight to end the season. That seven game slide was the final nail in former coach Jeff Fisher’s coaching coffin as the Rams wondered where to look next.

Enter Sean McVay, a 31-year old offensive wunderkind who has transformed this franchise into one of the best in the NFL in less than a year. He hired Wade Phillips to take over the defense. McVay gave second year, former number one overall pick Jared Goff a blueprint to follow to become one of the best young gunslingers in the NFL. He brought Todd Gurley back to life. He lit a fire under an athletic team that had been sleepwalking through previous seasons.

Case in point, after a loss to the Seattle Seahawks at home on October 8th, the Rams did the following…

Traveled to Jacksonville, beat the Jaguars, AFC South leader. Traveled to London and shutout the Cardinals 33-0. Traveled to New York after the bye week and beat the Giants 51-17.

This will be the Rams first home game in over a month. A group that left Los Angeles for Jacksonville back in October wondering what kind of team it had is now returning to Los Angeles for a matchup with the Texans KNOWING how good it actually is and will be for a while. That’s what McVay has done in LA. The good news for the Texans is that the Rams have only won once in the Coliseum in three tries this season. So, here’s hoping for more of the same on Sunday.

Let’s take a look at the NFC West-leading Los Angeles Rams.

2017 TEAM RECORD
6-2 (2-1 in the NFC West)
W, 46-9 Indianapolis Colts
L, 27-20 Washington Redskins
W, 41-39 San Francisco 49ers
W, 35-30 Dallas Cowboys
L, 16-10 Seattle Seahawks
W, 27-17 Jacksonville Jaguars
W, 33-0 Arizona Cardinals
W, 51-17 New York Giants

OFFENSE
2017 Team Profile (8 games)
Rush offense - 131.9 ypg (5th in the league)
Passing offense - 250.2 ypg (10th)
Total offense - 382.1 ypg (3rd)
Scoring - 32.9 ppg (1st)
3rd Down Percentage conversion - 49.1% (1st)
Giveaways - 12 - 4 INT and 8 Fumbles (T14th in most giveaways in NFL)

This is the Rams projected starting lineup for Sunday against the Texans:
WR - Robert Woods
WR - Cooper Kupp
WR - Sammy Watkins
TE - Tyler Higbee
LT - Andrew Whitworth
LG - Rodger Saffold
C - John Sullivan
RG - Jamon Brown
RT - Rob Havenstein
QB - Jared Goff
RB - Todd Gurley

Key Offensive non-starters
WR - Tavon Austin
TE - Gerald Everett
WR/KR - Pharoh Cooper

What’s the biggest concern for the TEXANS defense facing the LOS ANGELES offense?

Uh, everything? Quarterback Jared Goff hasn’t just taken A step in the right direction, he has taken MULTIPLE strides to be one of the best young quarterbacks in the league. He has plenty of help though with Todd Gurley moving back into his rightful spot as one of the three best running backs in the NFL. The Rams have a varied skill set of receivers, including Sammy Watkins who had one of the best games of his career against the Texans when he was with the Buffalo Bills in 2015.

There are two keys, though, to the Rams offensive output in 2017. One is the diversity in the offensive game plan and the other is the play of the offensive line. That quintet isn’t well known, but the addition of Andrew Whitworth was a major one during the offseason. He’s been worth every dime and that unit has come together relatively seamlessly.

What’s the biggest concern for the RAMS offense facing the HOUSTON defense?

Again, it’s to occupy Texans star defensive weapon Jadeveon Clowney. He’s shown moments of completely wrecking the game throughout the past two seasons and he’ll move around the defense to force the Rams to have to account for him in a different spot on every play.

Offensive X-Factor

Left Tackle Andrew Whitworth - when he signed with the Rams, I thought it was a good signing, although the former Bengal stalwart turned 35 near the end of the 2016 season. I wasn’t completely right; it’s been an outstanding signing for this Rams offensive line, a unit that has yielded only ten sacks in eight games.

DEFENSE
2017 Team Profile (8 games)
Rush defense - 121.6 ypg (26th in the league)
Passing defense - 205.4 ypg (9th)
Total defense - 327.0 ypg (16th)
Scoring Allowed - 19.4 ppg (9th)
3rd Down Percentage conversion allowed - 38.3% (14th best)
Takeaways - 15 - 10 INT
5 Recoveries (7th most takeaways in NFL)

This is the Rams projected starting lineup for Sunday against the Texans:
OLB - Robert Quinn
DE - Michael Brockers
NT - Tanzel Smart
DE - Aaron Donald
ILB - Alec Ogletree
ILB - Mark Barron
OLB - Connor Barwin
CB - Trumaine Johnson
S - Josh Johnson
S - Lamarcus Joyner
CB - Kayvon Webster

Key Defensive non-starters
CB - Nickell Robey-Coleman
OLB - Matt Longacre

What’s the biggest concern for the RAMS defense facing the HOUSTON offense?

Can the Rams cornerbacks handle the Texans receivers one-on-one? If the Texans can have success running the ball against the Rams 26th ranked run defense, the safeties will be forced to come into the box and assist in that realm. That leaves the Rams cornerbacks on an island with DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller. The run game can really set up the pass game this weekend.

What’s the biggest concern for the TEXANS offense facing this LOS ANGELES defense?

Aaron. Donald. The Texans have faced their share of potential game wreckers the past few years, but they’ve all been edge players - Justin Houston (Chiefs), Khalil Mack (Raiders), Von Miller (Broncos). But, they now get a taste of their own medicine with the way that Donald can create issues in the middle of the defense. His get off is unreal and he’s a powerful keg of dynamite at 6-0, 295 lb. Doubling him is a must, but to do that on an interior player isn’t as easy as it sounds.

Defensive X-Factor
Cornerback Trumaine Johnson - he might be the second best defensive player on the Rams roster. He’s long, physical and fast, so he'll present a multitude of issues for the Texans receivers.

Fatboy

Rookie
If they need an experienced LT, I hear Greg Robinson is available ! -- the Fatboy

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HomRxs_HWXg

Rams 45/ Texans 13
------------
Rams fans stay humble. I don't even want attention. Let us be under dogs every week. One game at a time. Horns UP
-----------
Rams win 31-17
----------
Rams win 45-10
-----------
Easy blowout for the Rams
----------
True they are as good as the pats!!
----------
Rams 47-10 -Depressed Texans fan
----------
Texan fan 45-10 rams
----------
Rams in a blowout win 45-6
------------
Rams 62-0. Rams going to win super bowl. Bradys days are over. Rams new boss in town.
----------
rams are the new dynasty
----------
Rams win 35-14
---------
Rams 42-13
----------
40 Rams /Texans 23
----------
Rams, they playing like a super bowl contender.
-----------
Rams 48 Texans 10 /Savage will throw 3 INTs and no TDs
---------
Rams - 48 Texans - 21
----------
For the Hawks sake will you PLEASE win this Texans! Who am I kidding, Rams win 42-17.
---------
Los Angeles Rams beat Houston Texans 28 to 0
----------
Rams win in a blowout 45-10
----------
Texans play a good game but still lose 17-0
----------
Rams 55-9
----------
Two weeks ago I would of said the Texans. But Rams are goliaths this season their growth has been incredible and Texans are without their rookie of the year QB. I have the Rams winning, 40—27
----------
Rams going to the Super Bowl
---------
RAMS are looking like the unstoppable beasts!
---------
I have the rams winning 55-14.
---------
From a Texans fan, Rams 42, Texans 20. 10 points in garbage time.
---------
Man, if the Texans do manage to pull off an upset, do you know how many Rams fans are gonna be livid? Myself included. Seahawk fans will be happier than pigs in mud. Last week, I was worried about my Rams coming off a bye week, and playing against the Giants hoping that wasn't a trap game for the Rams. To my relief, the Rams took them seriously. It seems like the Rams are gonna take the Texans seriously too, so I think the Rams win this one 37-9. Now if Watson wasn't injured. Rams 35, Texans 28.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just had to get that CK shot in there. There must be a daily quota on this website. At this point I hope he gets signed and fails. These writers would have a lot to answer for of CK doesn’t play like a pro bowler. You can’t advocate for a player like this and then have them play like a 3rd stringer. A lot of credibility is at stake .
It's hard to imagine that CK isn't better than what the Texans have....and after watching last night, I'm sure he's better than anything the Cardinals have too.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
giphy.gif

https://www.battleredblog.com/2017/11/10/16635034/texans-rams-predictions

Texans-Rams Predictions
BRB predicts Sunday’s game between the Texans and Rams in Los Angeles
by HoustonDiehards

859150908.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images

The Tom Savage Era continues Sunday with a difficult matchup against the NFC West-leading Los Angeles Rams. Houston will also say hello to an old friend, Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips who probably hasn’t lost a lot of sleep this week preparing to go against whatever that thing is the Texans are doing when they aren’t on defense or special teams. You know, that thing - from last year - that may or may not be worse than last year with Savage at the helm instead of [UNPERSON].

Let’s get to the sadness...

Tim: Rams 33, Texans 14.

The Rams' offense is explosive. The Texans' defense has been severely weakened by injuries and is a shell of what it once was.

The Rams' defense is good, and Wade Phillips will surely bring the heat as much as possible. The Texans' offense is positively wretched with Tom Savage at the helm. I predict the highlight of the afternoon will be when Bill O'Brien yanks Savage and T.J. Yates enters the huddle.

Even with all the injuries on Houston's defense, this game would have been a legitimately fun shootout if Deshaun Watson was playing. Instead, it'll likely be one of the worst games of the week in the NFL.

DiehardChris: Rams 27, Texans 13.

We already know what the rest of this season will bring. This figures to be one of the uglier games left on the schedule. Beyond that is there really a need for analysis? Tell you what I’m going to do Sunday while I’m watching football - Duroc spare ribs on the smoker. Two racks, pecan smoke. No amount of bad football will deter my enjoyment of these ribs.

Capt. Ron: Rams 34, Texans 3.

This might have been one of the top offensive shootout games of the season for the NFL, but with Watson out, this will be a one-sided tilt in favor of Los Angeles. Wade Phillips is licking his chops this week.

KennethL: Rams 37, Texans 13.

I cannot find a reason for us to win this game. Goff is going to put the Rams on the map for the next 10 years. Their offensive line is the most improved in the NFL. Who will be able to guard Robert Woods?

Their LBs are a very cohesive bunch. They have one of the best passing defenses in the league. I do think we can run the ball on them, but I cannot see us matching their explosive offense. Sorry guys, it is a season of "what could have been".

BFMF’nD: Rams 52, Texans 10.

The LA Rams, or whatever the hell they're named this week, had the 30th best DVOA in football in 2016. In 2017 and thanks to major scheme changes on both sides of the ball thanks to Sean McVay and Wade Phillips, they have the best DVOA in football. It's amazing how scheme changes can bring out the best in a young QB.

The player to watch this game is Aaron Donald, who might break Tom Savage in figurative half.

MDC: Rams 42, Texans 6.

There is no pain, you are receding...

Matt Weston: Rams 45, Texans 10.

I'll have a rotted Wurstfest gut with bloody cold brew eyes, the perfect solipsistic mood for this sh*tty team with the worst quarterback in the league. Can't wait!

Mike Bullock: Rams 38, Texans 13.

Rick Smith and Bill O'Brien seem to have done nothing to help the situation since last week when Houston lost to the abysmal Baby Horses. Now they're playing a team that's a legit playoff contender - fuggetaboutit.

Luke Beggs: Rams 42, Texans 10.

Will Fuller and DeAndre Hopkins deserve better.

UprootedTexan: Texans 14, Rams 10.

I have no reason why I think this, and I may just be trying to reverse jinx it but someone's gotta say the Texans will win despite all evidence to the contrary.

Brett Kollmann: Rams 40, Texans 13.

This is going to be a slaughter, and I am thankful that I never ended up buying tickets to this game. Deshaun was our only hope.

Maybe a better prediction will be - at what point will we see T.J. Yates on Sunday?
----------
Rams 38 Texans 13.
10 of those points come in garbage time.
---------
Normally with these obvious miss matches it ends up being closer than I think
I’ll go 24-35 Rams.
--------
I just want to see most of the young guys getting snaps
Decoud, Davenport, Foreman, etc.
----------
I'm in the same boat as Weston
I live in LA, and was really excited about the Texans playing nearby, but I can’t bring myself to go watch this…

Having said that I think Savage bounces back or gets benched Rams 32 Texans 17
---------
Texans win!
This game is winnable even though it looks like a horrifying mismatch on paper. I will say 20-14 Texans. Goff needs Gurley something bad and I think our run D is up to the task. I think our pass D makes Goff make mistakes and the O does just enough.
---------
The Only People Who Might be More Downcast Than Texans Fans About This Game are NFL Executives.

Prior to Black Thursday, the prospect of the two most explosive offenses in the NFL (yes, you read that right, the Texans and Rams were 1 and 2 in scoring offense) facing off, helmed by 2 of the youngest, most explosive quarterbacks, with two of the largest media markets…wow. For a league that needed some good on-field action, this could have been it.

Instead, aside from the revenge factor of Wade Phillips looking to go 2-0 against his former team, there isn’t a lot to like per se. Not that I put it past BO’B to cook something up for this game and the team to pull off a stunner from an overconfident Rams, but all things considered, and a defense that isn’t the force it has been…Rams 38-Texans 13 (or oddly enough, about the same score as the last time we played…but the Rams won’t need a pick-six to get that number…but they may get it).

NOTE: Texans players, if you are reading this, feel free to prove me wrong. I will be happy to be wrong on this prediction.
---------
The Rams are probably due for a let down on offense.
Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re the team it’s gonna happen against. We just give up too many big plays, and the Rams have too many guys who can score from anywhere on the field. I think the defense will nut up and keep it close in the first half, but the offense won’t do them any favors and we’ll give up multiple big plays throughout the day that seal it.

Gurley goes off in the passing game, Watkins and Gerald Everett each haul in 50+ yard touchdowns, Kayvon Webster comes up with a pick six, and Barwin picks up two sacks. Nothing eventful happens on our side.
---------
Bad
I think we will do badly. At football, and all football related things.
---------
Rams have the 26th rushing defense. That might the be only potential spot of attack.
---------
Rams 48-12! Who cares!
There’s more to football than just the score… I want to see our young guys do well, and not just in garbage time
-----------
The only consolation
The only consolation is that we will not be the only crippled team in the NFL. Aye yi yi, this season is rough on fans everywhere.

It is still possible that Savage improves. And O’Brien gave him the specific directive to just cut it loose and not worry about anything; just play ball and damn the consequences. I’ll take the under on him matching Matt’s six, but it could be a wild one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
For some reason, I think this increased productivity is "system" driven. Sure, Goff has to be accurate... but he's struggled at times with that and they've won nonetheless.

Could Mannion keep the offense going?

That's the kind of thinking that got the Redskins where they are now with Cousins.

Truth is Goff has improved so markedly that he's on the verge of being elite, and is running a no-huddle pre-snap read approach like a veteran. There would be significant dropoff from him to Mannion right now. Let's hope we don't need to find that out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Houston will also say hello to an old friend, Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips who probably hasn’t lost a lot of sleep this week preparing to go against whatever that thing is the Texans are doing when they aren’t on defense or special teams.

:rolllaugh:

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
They should of signed Orlovsky if they were this desperate. He has a bone to pick with us anyways.
I hope they do! He was godawful in training camp! He made more completions to the defense than the offense.

Source: Went to nearly every TC.