What Texans fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The despicable Mike Foolio and his underlings over at PFT continue to push the "Colin Kaepernick must get signed by someone or else" scheme every time an NFL team's starting QB gets injured. Actually it would make this Sunday's game against the Rams even more interesting if they did sign him but apparently the Texans F.O. and ownership has some common sense.
*******************************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/06/texans-are-sticking-with-tom-savage-this-week/

Texans are sticking with Tom Savage this week
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 6, 2017

870638366-e1509990719837.jpg

Getty Images

The Texans may talk about other quarterbacks this week.

But they’re sticking with Tom Savage as their starter.

Texans coach Bill O’Brien told reporters today that Savage can improve, and that “I do expect him to be the starter” this week against the Rams.

That’s not necessarily a surprise, as he’s been around there all year, and they went and retrieved T.J. Yates from the basement they keep him in last week to go with Matt McGloin, after Deshaun Watson was lost to a season-ending knee injury.

But as long as there’s a vacancy or a team that could otherwise be competitive if they had a real quarterback, the questions about Colin Kaepernick are coming.

O’Brien talked around them mostly, saying he and General Manager Rick Smith talk about everybody. But it didn’t take a long look between the lines to know where this one’s heading.

“I like the guys that we have and we’ll continue to try to coach them,” he said.

Later, he was asked again and said: “Colin Kaepernick is a good football player, hasn’t played in a while. These things are going to continue to be discussed.”

Of course, as long as Bob McNair owns the Texans, no one’s going to expect them to be the team to give Kaepernick an opportunity. But with the way Savage played yesterday (like crap, by his own admission), the Texans football department may come to realize the opportunity they have that’s being squandered.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Well let's welcome Mr Savage to LA and make it a Sunday he never forgets.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd find Houston to be more of a threat with Kaep than with Savage/McGloin/Yates so I'm good with their decision.
Heck, I'd be more worried if they signed Brett Favre this week than Savage/McGloin/Yates

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They'd be better off with the Macho Man Randy SAVAGE.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd find Houston to be more of a threat with Kaep than with Savage/McGloin/Yates so I'm good with their decision.
Heck, I'd be more worried if they signed Brett Favre this week than Savage/McGloin/Yates
Even if they did sign anyone else, they wouldn't be ready to start this week.

This is going to be a savage game... for Savage.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
They gave seatle their best o linemen, I say the job squad is all over him or whoever plays QB.

I can see them making a couple big plays but other than that our defense should stay hot

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather see us shut down Watson, but hey ho, lets go with whoever...
Let's not get cocky now...

Watson would have given us fits and that game is a dog fight.

Savage gives us nothing and greatly increases the odds of us going to 7-2.

I'll take whatever edge I'm given.

BTW... watching the SEA game? Rams better be ready to cage Wilson... the ONLY way they stayed in that game was him running around. Their offense sucked but he, single-handedly, kept them in that game.

I wanted to reach into my TV and tackle him myself (and, yes, it'd be a dirty hit)...

I HATE... HATE... HATE running QBs.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Let's not get cocky now...

Watson would have given us fits and that game is a dog fight.

Savage gives us nothing and greatly increases the odds of us going to 7-2.

I'll take whatever edge I'm given.

BTW... watching the SEA game? Rams better be ready to cage Wilson... the ONLY way they stayed in that game was him running around. Their offense sucked but he, single-handedly, kept them in that game.

I wanted to reach into my TV and tackle him myself (and, yes, it'd be a dirty hit)...

I HATE... HATE... HATE running QBs.

Not being cocky at all, I'd just rather we go up against the best players on the oppositions' rosters. Give me a tough matchup any day. I want us to improve against these players, not have it easy, then get blown away by a decent QB and O.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not being cocky at all, I'd just rather we go up against the best players on the oppositions' rosters. Give me a tough matchup any day. I want us to improve against these players, not have it easy, then get blown away by a decent QB and O.
They have proven they are improved... vastly improved.

Why would I pine to play their best player, when the situation has handed me a much easier task?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Take the breaks, take advantage and win a game. That's how I see it.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
They have proven they are improved... vastly improved.

Why would I pine to play their best player, when the situation has handed me a much easier task?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Take the breaks, take advantage and win a game. That's how I see it.

I always worry, the Rams have made backups look like pro bowlers in the past. I know this is a different Rams, but it's the years of frikkin' doubt and disappointment!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Need to take care of business again ensuring that Tom Savage is under duress like Eli Manning.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He better move around a little more in the pocket or he will get crushed.

https://boards.houstontexans.com/fo.../the-bull-pen/1250830-tom-“the-statue”-savage

Tom “The Statue” Savage

Well I guess this will be the last we ever see of the statue. Although that timeless pose before he get sacked will live in my brain ever. Pretty much nailed his own coffin shut after this game. Good bye and sorry I never bought your jersey but I’m sure know one else did too so I guess I don’t feel too bad.
----------
Savage will do fine on another team more capable of playing to his strengths. The current Texans O-Line and offensive scheme only spell disaster for him.
----------
Is he mobile anywhere near Watson was?? NO, but no reason to bash someone that was thrown into the starting role this week. I honestly think no matter who you get at this point, the playoffs are history more than likely.

Watson brought a lot of rhythm and confidence to the offense.....that's gone, but the players should be expected to step up and rally around no matter who is behind the center.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I like how he admits that Kap has more talent BUT the drama isn't worth it. love it!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Houston scores more than 10 points Wade should retire.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many wins does O'Brien need to keep his job??