What team(s) did you dislike/hate before and now root for?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

y2joey

UDFA
Re: What team(s) did you dislike/hate before and now root fo

Used to Hate:

1.Dallas - My next door neighbor/cousin was an obnoxious Cowboys fan and my relatives friends down South were even more obnoxious and idiotic Cowboys fans. I grew distant from that after the 2009 season (the last season I truly disliked them) and even cheered for them to make a Super Bowl run toward the end of December. Since the 09 season I've grown a liking toward Dallas and I even feel bad for their fan base. The 2000's was the first decade that they didn't win a playoff game let alone get to the NFC Title Game, that's rough! I'd like to see Dallas win it all at some point just to silence the Redskin fanbase and give Tony Romo the ring he deserves (seriously, coaching is hurting them more than anything).

2.Seattle - Yeah, I know...division rivals. Hated them vastly from 2004 til last season. I hate admitting it but I really liked last year's Seahawks team. I wouldn't have minded them winning it all simply because I like Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, and Richard Sherman. Does that mean I'll cheer for them in games this season? Hell no, but I don't really have that same hatred I held for them in the Holmgren/Mora era. That may change, but for the moment, whenever the game has no implication on us, I'll cheer for them.

3.Baltimore - Between 2003 and 2007 there fanbase became obnoxious around here (Maryland). They were crowning them in the preseason, even though their defense wasn't that great and their offense sucked worse. I think the turning point came in the 2007 game against New England and subsequent hiring of John Harbaugh. Since then, they've become my Number 2 team and honestly if the NFL expands to 34 or more and the Rams are still in a different conference than them, I would make them my other official team in a heartbeat.

Teams I dislike now that I used to like:

1.Philadelphia - The McNabb era (1999-2010) Eagles were my 2nd favorite team. Always cheered for them (except against the Rams). When McNabb left and the team brought in Michael Vick, my liking went away. The Eagles now are a far cry from what they used to be to me. But for a decade they were right below the Rams to me.

2.Washington - This is a hatred that has grown stronger over the course of the last two years. Growing up, they weren't that bad. The 2nd Gibbs run from 2005-2008 was a pretty cool squad in my book. I even supported them after the Sean Taylor death. Almost considered making them my 2nd team in 2007. I decided against it, but still didn't mind them. Since the 08 season they've not been heavily favored in my eyes. 2011 they started getting a tad annoying, but 2012 took it to new heights and nowadays I just flat out hate them. RGIII is a pretty cool guy it seems but my goodness gracious I can't stand this team. Little Brother complex at its worse, especially with the back-to-back success of the Giants and Ravens.

Also, they've beaten the last 3 Super Bowl winners in the regular season and don't shut up about that statistic. Thank god the Colts, Steelers, and Saints didn't lose to them in 2006, 2008 and 2009 respectively or else it would be 7 straight years of this bullshit.

3.New England - Used to love their jerseys in the 90's and even liked Drew Bledsoe as a QB. That changed one day..

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

I always hated the 49ers and will never stop w/ my hate fest for them. I been a Rams fan since 1985 (Grade 5)...
Living in the north west never really respected the Hawks, then Realignment and listening to the local media about the local darlings is adding gas to my hatred fire for them they are closing the gap to the 49ers but I can't see them overtaking them at this point in time.

See I'm from Vancouver BC Canada and only 1.5 hour drive too the emerald city. And it's safe too say 1/4 of the season tickets are Canadian owned. In the off season the Hawks do many tours north of the 49th Parallel. Local media do a lot of training camp stops and we broadcast the hawks as if they our own team. So Hawks news is followed daily.
Now saying that thank goodness for Sirius Sat radio!!!
So these are the two teams I really like seeing my Rams beat as most of my friends are either hawk fans or Whiner fans (my high school 90s era produced a ton of them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

I hated the Tarkenton Vikings. The only reason they ever beat the Rams was because the Rams had to go to Minnesota in January; the NFC Central in those days was about the worst division in the NFC, guaranteeing the Vikings homefield in the playoffs.

Then Tarkenton would look foolish in the Super Bowl, running for his life because his overrated Oline couldn't protect him from the Raiders and Steelers pass rush.

Think of Denver and Cleveland in the 80's. Cleveland couldn't put away Elway, but those Broncos didn't match up in the Super Bowl.

But since then I've discovered a bit of sympathy for Vikings' fans. 4 Super Bowl losses and zero wins has to be tough.

I used to root for the Seahawks before realignment. I was disappointed they were moved to the NFC. I even rooted for them in their one SB appearance, but then Carroll wasn't their coach. Now I simply scorn (nice word TD) them. Still, they don't come close to the hatred I feel for the Pats and whiners.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i used to hate the packers with a passion. but in reality i hated favre with a passion because as soon as he left the packers and arod took over i suddenly found myself hoping the packers went ok.