What team(s) did you dislike/hate before and now root for?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This isn't a bandwagon type topic...just some teams you rather like to root for, but once could not stand. Also vice versa, once liked rooting for but now can't (for w/e reasons).

For me, disliked before but now rather root for:

1. Bengals- I just think Mike Brown finally got it together and got rid of Chad Johnson, Cedric Benson, Larry Johnson, etc type and now built a class team. After Pittsburgh, these guys are all around good guys and are a fun team to watch.

2. Vikings- When AP first got drafted, I thought he was a little immature, then the whole Brett Favre hoopla, and finally I just didn't like Brad Childress. Something about that guy just didn't seem right. But now I think AP is an amazing player and more importantly person, and overall their players are a likable bunch.

3. Cowboys- Used to hate them, b/c it's the "thing" to do. I just don't believe in all the crap Tony Romo is taking is warranted. Plus, as far as I know there aren't any criminals or thugs on this team (Dez Bryant doesn't count). Just good, hardworking guys. How can you hate on guys like Jason Witten, Sean Lee, DeMarcus Ware or DeMarco Murray? Yeah, Jurrah does make this team seem worse, but as far as on field stuff goes, their fine in my book.

Like before but now I hope lose:

1. Eagles- Loved watching them during the Donovan McNabb/Brian Westbrook hey-day. No I didn't root for them when the played the Rams. This was a fun, fun team. Then they get rid of Donovan, and sign Michael Vick. That totally made me do a 180. Plus w/ the Riley Cooper thing and he only getting a slap on the wrist when he should be suspended from the team. At least get rid of Michael Vick, that will alleviate some animosity.

2. Jets- For some reason, I liked the Chad Pennington Jets. Of course, the Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez media frenzy has made me dislike them. I don't hate them; just don't feel like wanting them to beat teams anymore.

3. Redskins- Obvious reasons.

Again, this isn't some bandwagoning type topic. I just have teams I'd rather see win than lose and vice-versa.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: What team(s) did you dislike/hate before and now root fo

The Rams. Disliked.
The Cardinals. Loved.

bluecoconuts

Legend

None. I just find myself hating more and more teams as time goes on.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I used to like the Patriots right before Superbowl XX. That was obviously before the bellyfat/marcia brady reign. I just wanted to see someone take the Bears down. Them and their stupid "Super bowl Shuffle video." Mehhhhh. Now, CLEARLY, I have nothing but disdain for that Organization.

I used to hate the Saints when they were in the Rams' division, but now I kinda like 'em.
Never really cared for the Giants either, but since they shut down the patriots twice, they kinda grew on me.

Lesson

Oh, really?

I had the Lions in the Browns category for sympathy, but Suh and their current regime make me dislike them.

I guess the Falcons have become more likable without Petrino, Vick, the Dirty Bird, and Jackson being there.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Angry Ram said:
2. Vikings- When AP first got drafted, I thought he was a little immature, then the whole Brett Favre hoopla, and finally I just didn't like Brad Childress. Something about that guy just didn't seem right. But now I think AP is an amazing player and more importantly person, and overall their players are a likable bunch.
Having watched all those 70's playoff loses to the Vikes, I used to despise them. But now, especially with AP on board, I certainly enjoy watching them play.

I hate the bears, redskins,pats,steelers, raiders and niners....and the freaking jets

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

ironmaidenrams said:
I hate the bears, redskins,pats,steelers, raiders and niners....and the freaking jets
And Ironmaidenrams comes in swinging!

Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom! :box:

Welcome to the party, dude.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

ironmaidenrams joins the party:

Hey Ironmaidenrams! Welcome to the ROD! :zomg: :ja: :dancin: :wewt: :clap:

So you liked the Cowgirls? :lol:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

easy for me used to hate the rams and love the titans now not so much i hate the titans love the rams lmao and welcome aboard iron

jjab360

Legend

Rabid Ram said:
easy for me used to hate the rams and love the titans now not so much i hate the titans love the rams lmao and welcome aboard iron
Jeff Fisher... is that you??

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

I hated any team, man or woman that hated or disparaged the Rams.

They know who they are, and they know I hated them back.

Initially, I used to hate the Cowboys and Vikings the most, then the Niners, then the Saints. Mostly now I hate the Pats.

And I don't like any of them now. They all stand in our way of winning another SB.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

Despise the cowboys always. Like the Steelers

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

I currently hate 31 teams in the NFL, pending any future expansion. The team I hate the most, and have since childhood, is the cowgirls. After spending the worst 9 years of my life living in the hell known as Dallas/Fort Worth, I hate them even more. They are closely followed by the niners, patriots, seahawks...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I too hate all NFL teams other than the Rams, some I hate more than others,,, but I HATE them all.

I will only root for another NFL team if it helps our Rams in some way.

I have only changed my loyalty to a team one time in my life. Before Orlando had the Magic, I was a diehard laker fan. When the NBA made sure it's biggest draw (Shaq) went to it's biggest money maker... any and all love I had for the lake-show went in the same dumpster that my love for pro wrestling sits in. I should mention that I did thoroughly enjoy watching the lakers season last year though. Karma mother fuckers.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I only dislike a few teams, and really the worst of them is SF of course.

The Vikings used to make me mad when I was younger because as a little kid they beat the Rams in the playoffs a couple of times and then lost SB's the Rams would have won. Now I don't have any feelings towards them.

The Seahawks are under my skin lately because I don't like the turd HC and all the dickheads they have added to the roster. I used to not care because they were so rarely relevant. The last decade has changed that. Watching MH miss the pass in the 2004 wild card game was fun! Remember that play?

I think most teams will just have to live with the fact that I don't care about them one way or the other. :razzed:

Oh one other........Im from CLE so fuck the fucking Steelers right in the fucking eyes. Forever.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

I really don't hate the Steelers all that much.

I know a lot of Steelers fans and they are fairly knowledgeable and fair in their assessment of the Rams. Most of them are classy and not the dirt bag types like the Seahawks fans.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

I grew up in the Tampa Bay area and i always hated the Buc's, had not an ounce of love for them, even when they won the superbowl i didn't care. Then about 5-6 years ago i finally decided to change that. Since all my friends are die hard buc's fans i decided to cave in and root for them finally. I like them now and root for them, but i don't follow them to much. To busy loving and engulfing myself with everything having to do with the Rams.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

albefree69 said:
The Rams. Disliked.
The Cardinals. Loved.

Yeah ,IMA homer I admit it.

Once upon a time I disliked the Rams when they would play the Cardinals but ya know I never hated them.I always rooted for them against the Cowboys, 49r's ,Giants, Redskins, Packers,Vikings( even though I'm a Viking descendant ) ,was a fan of several of their players.

Hate is a strong word though for me ,I love this game and when you root for teams like the Cardinals ( no more ) and the Rams (all but the GSOT St.Louis years) once they are inevitably eliminated , the rest of the season is a waste/torture if yoiu hate them all.
Scorn is a better word for me.
Some of my best football memories are of the Broncos who I will probably always be a fan of since I regard CO as my second home,prolly cumulatively spent 2 of the last 30 years there, circa 100 trips.

I really dislike the Chiefs,except "The Mentor"

Saints. I was so bitter after that '01 playoff loss, but once they moved out of our division and got Brees, I enjoyed watching them.