What should You Expect From Tavon Austin?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

After a disappointing rookie season, what should you expect from Tavon Austin?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I expect 1000 plus yards from scrimmage say about 750 recieving and another 350 recieving and a couple of punt return TDs putting the td total up around 10 or 12.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Am I the only one who wasn't disappointed in Austin? A few drops early and a fumble here and there, rookie mistakes mostly. Injury wasn't his fault, and he had great returns and big plays called back, still had plenty of other big plays.

I thought his rookie season was pretty solid, a good foundation to build on.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Am I the only one who wasn't disappointed in Austin? A few drops early and a fumble here and there, rookie mistakes mostly. Injury wasn't his fault, and he had great returns and big plays called back, still had plenty of other big plays.

I thought his rookie season was pretty solid, a good foundation to build on.

I blame a lot of lack of play calls from the oc.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I agree i thought Tavon had a decent season as well. I look forward to him being more explosive and comfortable in the system this year. Also possibly having more punts or kickoffs for TD's (had a few called back last year). I think we will see him all over the field and used in various ways and formations. Should be fun to watch.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Even IF someone is lucky enough to catch him this year, I expect He'll act like this....
images.jpg

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I want to see him get more carries running the ball, what was his yards per rushing attempt last year? I think it was very very high.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I thought he had an ok rookie season too -- injury was inopportune but he lit up some decent plays -- injury free I think he should be aiming to score a minimum 24 TD receptions for the season !!

I don't think that is too much to expect :whistle: (nflrecord)

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm still trying to figure out what was disappointing...:confused: The only disappointing thing in my book is that he had to miss the last 3 games.

What's disappointing about 40 rec, for 418 yds, and 4TDs??? Hardly disappointing.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He also had several HUGE plays in the pass/run/return game called back by penalties that would have put his total yards over 1000, none of them changed the play. Block in the back trailing the play... silly crap like that...

moonshyne

UDFA

After a disappointing rookie season, what should you expect from Tavon Austin?

Disappointing is a bit harsh. But he was taken number 8 overall so I get it.
Mark my words, Tavon will have a season for the ages. A season that will have Rams fans talking for years. Towards the end of the year when we are fighting for the playoffs, Tavon and Stedman will become the most dangerous receiving duo in the league and the Rams will go deep into the playoffs. Bradford needs to stay healthy, of course and I think he will.
Sorry or the homerism, but I've followed these 2 for years and I know what they can do. Schotty needs to play along, too. Surprise us with some innovation and imagination.
Go Rams! Can't wait.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let's not forget Quick and Britt in there. I think the foursome of Britt, Quick, Austin and Bailey will be a WR corps that the NFL pundits will be calling a "surprise" as the playoffs loom.

I won't be surprised. I expect great things from them. I will be disappointed if they don't do great things.