What Should Rams Do With the No. 6 Pick? Analyzing Options

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: What Should Rams Do With the No. 6 Pick? Analyzing Optio

for those first 4 who read this, my apologies for the grammar errors, etc. Had a rough night/morning (poor excuse) and they have been corrected.. thanks for your patience..

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I have to disagree on one thing you mentioned: Fisher and Snead reaching for a player. Fisher has reached for several prospects that were slated to go lower than they did (Pacman Jones, Michael Roos, David Stewart, and Chris Johnson being the most notable). If he feels that there's a better prospect in an area of need, he's going to take him.

Don't be surprised if they go for someone you don't expect with the number six overall pick.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve

Not sure what Fisher and Snead may be thinking? If Blackmon is gone or lower on their board and Richardson is not considered enough of a need (personally I really like him as the pick in certain circumstances). The wild card in all of this, that would not surprise me one bit is Coples at DT. He is a monster and could not be blocked at the senior bowl. He has plenty of very high quality snaps and experience at both DT and DE. His motor and motivation may not be what Long's was when he came out but his talent is off the charts. He is as good at DT as he is at DE. Lots of versitility with him and I'd take him over Poe and Cox. I'd bet Fisher is drooling over this guy's football talent.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

If Blackmon and Richardson are gone at 6, I'd love to see the Rams draft down with a QB hungry team like Miami or Buffalo at 8 and 10. They could still get that impact player and pick up a couple more decent picks. I'd imagine Floyd would still be there as well as a pretty good OT.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve

Ramhusker said:
If Blackmon and Richardson are gone at 6, I'd love to see the Rams draft down with a QB hungry team like Miami or Buffalo at 8 and 10. They could still get that impact player and pick up a couple more decent picks. I'd imagine Floyd would still be there as well as a pretty good OT.

Trade down is ideal perhaps if the value is there. What if they can't find a trade partner with adequate value and need to decide on someone?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

smram said:
Ramhusker said:

Trade down is ideal perhaps if the value is there. What if they can't find a trade partner with adequate value and need to decide on someone?

I have a feeling it would be Blackmon or Claiborne because I think Cleveland will take Richardson UNLESS one of those QB hungry teams gets antsy and trades with the Vikings,Browns,or Bucs. The Vikings could be sitting where the Rams were sitting a couple of weeks ago. Miami or SF, Buffalo, Arizona, and Tennessee all need a QB. If a trade is made ahead of the Rams, who knows who may fall to the 6th pick.

steferfootball

Starter

Ramhusker said:
smram said:
Ramhusker said:

I have a feeling it would be Blackmon or Claiborne because I think Cleveland will take Richardson UNLESS one of those QB hungry teams gets antsy and trades with the Vikings,Browns,or Bucs. The Vikings could be sitting where the Rams were sitting a couple of weeks ago. Miami or SF, Buffalo, Arizona, and Tennessee all need a QB. If a trade is made ahead of the Rams, who knows who may fall to the 6th pick.
I posted a link where the Rams wanted R. Tann.'s stock to rise so they could trade again. It is a bit of a precarious situation where they want his stock to rise, but not too much.

His stock rises too much, and Cleveland gets him or Min. trades him. Not enough and we don't get any bites and he is drafted or traded later.

I guess even more it has to do with how the cards line up. What do certain critical teams think of him? What do those teams know about each other?

The number two with RGII was simple to analyze...this is much harder now.

Plus I feel like we've used all our offseason luck. The Rams are habitually incapable of striking gold twice. :D