What Seahawks Fans Are Saying Before And After The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ofanities-at-officers-in-tmz-video-of-arrest/

Seahawks’ Malik McDowell shouts profanities at officers in TMZ video of arrest
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on December 13, 2017

648270626-e1507330392926.jpg

Getty Images

Police footage has now surfaced of Seahawks defensive tackle Malik McDowell being arrested in Atlanta in the early morning hours on Sunday.

Via TMZ.com, McDowell is seen being handcuffed and placed in the back of a police vehicle by a pair of officers. McDowell repeatedly asks what he’s being arrested for and is told “disorderly conduct” and “using fighting words” by the officers.

McDowell repeatedly lobs expletives at the officials and flaunts how much money he has while being detained by the officials outside of SL Lounge in Atlanta.

Police responded to a verbal altercation that involved McDowell shouting that he had $600 stolen from him. McDowell was initially allowed back inside the club with a friend, but was kicked out again after allegedly emptying bottles of liquor on the floor.

McDowell released a statement apologizing for his actions on Monday, saying he was “embarrassed” by the incident. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said he had spoken with McDowell about the incident as well.

“I did see him and he met with John [Schneider] also,” Carroll said on Monday. “He is very remorseful. He got in a situation and made a mistake, and hopefully this will be a learning experience for him. I don’t know more than that about it. We just talked about it a bit, but I know he felt really bad representing in that manner.

“I think we’re definitely going work to help him in every way that we can. We’ve already talked about that. And let’s hope that this isn’t an indicator of things to come. I hope that he has turned with this experience. He sounds very much intending to do that and we’ll see what happens.

McDowell won’t play this season for Seattle. An ATV accident in mid-July left McDowell with a severe concussion and additional injuries that has kept him from practicing or playing. He was the team’s top draft pick in May being selected with the 35th overall pick in the second round.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I'm not going to say the Rams will win this game after losing to Nick Foles and the Iggles....
I want a win in Seattle...
I NEED a win in Seattle....
The whole season is on the line for me at CLink, because I don't think I can bear a Hawk sweep of us and think anything good about this years Rams. Sure I want a playoff run, but I'm beginning to doubt that we are ready to go that far in the playoffs this year (hope I'm wrong). Winning the division comes first, and everything else is gravy for me....

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Well, I'm not going to say the Rams will win this game after losing to Nick Foles and the Iggles....
The whole season is on the line for me at CLink, because I don't think I can bear a Hawk sweep of us and think anything good about this years Rams. Sure I want a playoff run, but I'm beginning to doubt that we are ready to go that far in the playoffs this year (hope I'm wrong). Winning the division comes first, and everything else is gravy for me....
Totally agree with all that you said except two things:
a) we will win, I don't know how
b) I am not sad to lose twice to the Seattle. This would become McVay's bain or albatross, and he will think about it allllllll winter and spring and then have a plan to always crush Seattle. We will become better from that.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what if we lose twice to seattle and win the sb?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what if we lose twice to seattle and win the sb?
I don't know man...something changed for me last game. A good team runs with the Iggles as the Rams did last week. A great team, especially at home, beats a Nick Foles led Iggles team, no matter what...I can't shake that we are 1-2 against the best in the NFC...1-3 if we include the Hawks in that group. I'm in a funk right now.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know man...something changed for me last game. A good team runs with the Iggles as the Rams did last week. A great team, especially at home, beats a Nick Foles led Iggles team, no matter what...I can't shake that we are 1-2 against the best in the NFC...1-3 if we include the Hawks in that group. I'm in a funk right now.
i get it. the eagles loss was very disappointing.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The worst thing to happen to the rams was wentz not coming back onto the field. I don't care what anyone says, they relaxed when they saw foles. Just enough to let him move the ball down the field for a couple of fgs.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The worst thing to happen to the rams was wentz not coming back onto the field. I don't care what anyone says, they relaxed when they saw foles. Just enough to let him move the ball down the field for a couple of fgs.

You think? The 7 step drop back, Chris Long strip sack was devastating, and I can't see how that had anything to do with Foles

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was talking about the defense.

Our defense was probably getting tired on the field too...I'm trying to find the stat, but dimly remember the Eagles offense had possession, almost twice the amount our time of as our offense. Which also means our defense must have been dragging somewhat in the 4th quarter, which has to be factored in too.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I don't know how many times I've said it, this team needs to learn how to finish games.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-shoulder-everythings-good-and-ready-to-go/

Robert Woods on shoulder: Everything’s good and ready to go
Posted by Josh Alper on December 14, 2017

873383120-e1513255773154.jpg

Getty Images

One of the best days of wide receiver Robert Woods‘ career came in Seattle last season when he caught 10 passes for 162 yards while playing for the Bills.

Woods plays for the Rams now and that means he’ll be back in Seattle this Sunday for a game that will go a long way toward determining who wins the NFC West this season. All indications early in the week were that Woods will be on the field after missing the last three games with a shoulder injury and Woods confirmed he’s on track on Wednesday.

I feel like the movement, everything is there. Everything’s good and ready, so I feel like there’s no [sense of] not trusting it,” Woods said, via the team’s website. “I’ve been in practice a little bit last week, and then starting to go this week — I’m confident, very confident in it.”

Woods’ exploits couldn’t keep the Bills from losing that game in Seattle last year and the Rams lost the first meeting with the Seahawks this season, so it would be a good time for Woods to snap his personal losing streak against his new divisional rivals.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...pete-carroll-says-of-blair-walsh-hes-our-guy/

Pete Carroll says of Seahawks kicker Blair Walsh ‘he’s our guy’
By Bob Condotta

The Seahawks are standing by kicker Blair Walsh, Seattle coach Pete Carroll said during his weekly Wednesday press conference in advance of Sunday’s pivotal NFC West matchup with the Los Angeles Rams.

Walsh missed a 38-yarder late in the first half of Sunday’s 30-24 loss at Jacksonville and is 20-27 for the season after starting out 12-13. His misses include three in a loss to Washington and a 52-yarder that could have forced overtime against Atlanta, all in the last six games.

But Carroll has defended Walsh after past misses and did so again Wednesday.

“He’s a good kicker,’’ Carroll said. “He’s got a great leg. He’s got terrific mechanics, great habits, his mentality stays strong. Yeah he missed a couple here and there. But he does things right, gives himself a chance. So he’s our guy. He’s what we’ve got. We are hoping he’s going to come through.’’

Also part of the equation is that with three games left in the season and Seattle’s salary cap situation being what it is — the Seahawks are essentially maxed out — there aren’t a whole lot of other viable options.

Seattle signed Walsh in the off-season to a one-year contract worth up to $1.1 million after deciding not to re-sign Stephen Hauschka, who eventually signed a three-year deal worth $8.85 million.

Seattle’s hope was that Walsh could give them similar production — and it’s worth remembering Hauschka had two misses last year that proved critical in a tie at Arizona and then a late-season loss against the Cardinals — at a much-smaller salary cap hit.

It hasn’t helped the perception of the move that Hauschka is 22-25 on field goals and 24-24 on PATs with Buffalo.

But Seattle can’t bring back Hauschka now leaving it to hope that Walsh can rebound the rest of the season.

Here are a few other takeaways from Carroll’s meeting with the media Wednesday:

— Carroll said it was still unclear if linebackers Bobby Wagner (hamstring) and K.J. Wright (concussion) will play Sunday. “I don’t know that right now. K.J. is in the protocol and that’s up to the docs. And Bobby is going to go all the way through the week like he has the last couple of weeks. We are going to have to wait and see.’’ Carroll, though, said Wagner will prepare during the week as if he’s playing. “He is very upbeat and very positive,’’ Carroll said. “He’s planning on getting ready.’’ Neither practiced on Wednesday.

— Carroll also said both running back Mike Davis (ribs) and defensive end Dion Jordan (out the last three games with a neck issue) would practice Wednesday.

— Carroll said running back Chris Carson, out since having ankle surgery on Oct. 2, is able to run again after having a setback in his recovery last week when he turned his ankle. Carroll said had all gone well that Carson “may have had a chance’’ to return to practice this week. He said the hope now is that if all goes well the team could at least think about if Carson could return to practice next week.

“There was a bit of a setback but he is back working again so it wasn’t that big of a deal,’’ Carroll said. “But we were hoping to have none of those in the process.’’ Carroll has said Carson would need two weeks of practice before he could play so logically the team is looking at potentially having him available for the postseason if he can make it back.

— Carroll said cornerback DeShawn Shead “made it through’’ returning to practice last week for the first time since suffering an ACL injury last January in the playoff loss against Atlanta. But he said it remains unclear when or even if Shead will make it back this year. “Really, he just survived his first week back. This week and next week would be his two weeks to really get going,’’ Carroll said.

“We are just looking for indications of how far along he has come. He is able to go, he is running fast, he is working hard. But each day at practice is really big for him and so we don’t have much time to take. But we will take all that we can to figure this out.’’ Shead can practice for three weeks before the team has to decide to either put him on the 53-man active roster or on season-ending Injured Reserve.
-------------
Sometimes I get the feeling this season will end poetically with a Walsh missed field goal
-----------
Hawks will miss the playoffs by one game.
-----------
He sucks...hes just awful...these guys are paid to be consistent not just show up once in a while
----------
I can't recall the last time I saw him kick it deep enough for a touchback on kickoffs, let alone make a 50+ yard field goal
------------

View: https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/941158324786962432

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Simply put, " The Hag's are going Down!!!" 42-17 NOT EVE CLOSE!!

ausmurp

Starter
This ^^ is a Flat-Out LIE!!
* the Rams Beat them in there House Dec. 27th 2015 - 23-17!
Also
* At there House, in the Playoff's Jan. 8th 2005! 27-20!
* And (in the Same Season as above^) At there House Oct.10th 2004 - 23-12 I consider this with 13 Seasons!

I don't know which I hate more, the Hag's or there Idiot Fans!!

The OP is correct bc that playoff win was part of the 2004 season dude..

…..

Legend
I have no doubt we can make Seattle's offense suddenly successful looking. That's what we tend to do, make other people look good.

Can we start fast and stay ahead of them, that's the question.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comments/7jt7ne/to_anyone_going_to_the_game_on_sunday_please_tell/

To anyone going to the game on Sunday: please tell everyone around you that they need to be loudest when the Play Clock is between 40 and 15 seconds

That's when Jared Goff is getting his instructions from his puppet master. McVay is feeding Goff all of the information through the headset during that time, so we need to be loudest during that period so Goff can't be spoonfed all of the audibles and tendencies that he can't see on his own.

As soon as the play is over and the clock begins to run, McVay can start pulling on Goff's strings. Any disruption that the 12s can do at that point could have a legitimate impact on the game.
-----------
This works not very well against our defense. We do the same thing 90% of the time.
------------
This makes the vocal chords bleed. The stadium would be silent by halftime.
-----------
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/12/...ussell-wilson-jared-goff-nfc-west-todd-gurley

Seahawks-Rams preview: Pressuring Jared Goff and more to watch for
By Alistair Corp

863111432.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Harry How/Getty Images

The L.A. Rams will head to Seattle to face the Seahawks for the second and final time this regular season, with both teams coming off disappointing losses. Seattle lost the game and subsequently their composure in a grueling fight against the Jacksonville Jaguars, one of the league’s most physically imposing teams.

The Rams, on the other hand, fell short against the Philadelphia Eagles, 43-35. The loss allows the Seahawks the opportunity to retake the NFC West lead on Sunday, as well as win the season series against L.A. and ensure themselves the tiebreaker against the Rams. The division lead, and perhaps title, is on the line on Sunday in Seattle. Here’s what to watch for:

Can the Seahawks’ revitalized line hold up against L.A.?
In the first five years of Russell Wilson’s career, the Rams were an entirely maddening opponent. Under Jeff Fisher, they were noncompetitive and uninspiring, yet they always found a way to play their best football against Seattle.

Despite the talent-gap separating the two teams, L.A. was always a tough matchup for the Seahawks. Seattle struggled to protect up-front, and the Rams seemingly only had talent in their defensive front-seven. And so Wilson’s career against L.A. paints an ugly picture: In 11 games, Wilson is 6-5, has turned the ball over nine times, sacked 42 times, and hit 89 times.

In 2017, the outlook has changed for both teams. The Rams are a promising team, full of young talent and innovation on offense. And for the Seahawks, well, they can actually keep their franchise quarterback upright — at least since a mid-season trade for Duane Brown. Since his arrival in Seattle, Brown has allowed just nine total pressures - three hits and six hurries - while not allowing a sack.

The nine pressures are the fourth-fewest of all qualifying tackles over that span, and it’s extended across the offensive line. Since week 9, the Seahawks’ pass block efficiency has gone from 30th in the league to 9th. And so now a g..g..good (!?) offensive line faces yet another test, in the shape of Wade Phillips’ L.A. defense.

Against a fearsome Jaguars front, Wilson was pressured on 17 of 35 dropbacks, being sacked just twice. The pressure numbers aren’t great, but a marked improvement from where they were just a couple months ago. And so now they’ll face the opposition who has given Wilson and Seattle more trouble than anyone else over the last five years, in the biggest game of the year.

Can the Seahawks pressure Jared Goff?
Jared Goff is enjoying a career-salvaging season in 2017. Saved by Sean McVay and a fresh set of offensive weapons, his game and numbers have improved in every area. In 2016, Goff was a historically poor rookie quarterback: completing under 55-percent of his passes, finishing with a QBR of 22.2, 34th ranked passer by DYAR, an ANY/A of 2.82 and a passer rating of 63.6.

Through 13 games in 2017, his numbers tell a different story: He’s completing 62.2-percent of his passes, has a QBR of 53.6, has the seventh highest DYAR among quarterbacks, an ANY/A of 7.75 and a passer rating of 99.2.

Of all the acquisitions made by the Rams this offseason to aid Goff, none have been more important than the improvements made along the offensive line. Left tackle Andrew Whitworth has been outstanding, as has center John Sullivan. Like Brown in Seattle, their additions have improved the entire unit.

Rodger Saffold looks settled at left guard for the first time in his career, and right tackle Rob Havenstein is back on track as one of the game’s premier run blockers after a down year in 2016. If the Seahawks are going to impact the game defensively, they’ll need to win against a strong Rams offensive line and pressure Goff.

Rooted in Goff’s step forward this year is the massive step forward their offensive line has taken, and it’s reflected in his numbers as well. Without pressure this year Goff has excelled, throwing for 16 touchdowns and 2482 yards, with a passer rating of 108.8. Under pressure, his efficiency drops: Just six touchdowns, 901 yards and a passer rating of 68.

He’s benefited from great protection, a superstar in the backfield and a host of weapons — L.A. receivers are averaging 7.2 yards after the catch this season, the second best mark in the league, and are dropping the second-lowest percentage of passes.

If allowed time, Goff has the ability and the playmakers to pick apart a depleted defense and move his offense. To make up for the missing pieces in the secondary, Seattle’s defensive line is going to need to get home versus the Rams.

Slowing down Gurley despite injuries at linebacker
While it’s still unclear as of Wednesday whether Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright will play on Sunday, the outlook doesn’t look good. Wright remains in concussion protocol, and Wagner is dealing with a hamstring injury that’s different from the one he’s been dealing with for several weeks. Injuries have hit the Seahawks’ second level at just the wrong time, with do-it-all ‘back Todd Gurley coming to town.

Like Goff, Gurley is enjoying a career-salvaging season. He’s trailing Le’Veon Bell by just 47 yards for the league lead in yards from scrimmage, and is leading the league in rushing/receiving touchdowns. His devastating track speed has been on full display this year, averaging just over five yards per carry on outside runs, while averaging a healthy 3.8 yards per carry inside.

More importantly the ghosts he was seeing in the backfield and in the hole last year have seemingly vanished; he has the fourth highest success rate by Football Outsiders, and the team’s 4.32 yards per carry on first down is the eighth highest in the NFL..

In addition to his revitalized running, McVay has unlocked the playmaker in the passing game. He’s already surpassed his career highs in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns, and he ranks fourth among all ‘backs in yards per route run. McVay and L.A. are getting explosive plays out of their superstar in both the running game and passing game.

Not allowing Gurley to turn the corner on outside runs is imperative to slowing down the big play, and a hampered Wagner makes that task much more difficult. Nobody goes sideline-to-sideline quite like Seattle’s DPOY candidate, and if it’s Michael Wilhoite in his place, they face a serious downgrade.

In the passing game, Gurley gets in space via screen passes, and using misdirection with Tavon Austin before releasing into a pass pattern. Wright, like Wagner, excels in coverage against running backs. Both of the Seahawks’ linebackers are crucial against opposing 'backs. Facing one of the best in the league, Seattle could be missing both of them.

Can the Seahawks take advantage of a depleted secondary?
The Rams lost one of their starting cornerbacks for the season last Sunday when Kayvon Webster went down with a torn Achilles. Slot corner Nickell Robey-Coleman shifted outside in his place, and the Eagles recognized the change. By the end of the game, Robey-Coleman had been targeted 10 times, allowing seven catches for 81 yards.

He’s been having a strong season at the nickel corner spot, but his struggles were apparent after moving outside. Across from Robey-Coleman, Trumaine Johnson suffered a stinger versus Philadelphia. He claims he’s “Good to go,” but Seattle of all teams knows how complicated stingers can get.

Already down a starter and with his replacement perhaps unfit on the outside, the Seahawks would be smart to test Robey-Coleman immediately, and often on Sunday. A mid-game switch isn’t ideal, and it’s possible his play returns to the level it has been at all season with a week of practice under his belt. But it’s also possible he won’t adjust and by testing him early, Seattle could force Phillips’ hand to make another mid-game switch, and put points on the board along the way.

Jimmy Graham back on track and back in the endzone
After a scintillating stretch of games starting with the Seahawks’ first matchup against L.A. in October, Jimmy Graham came rocketing back down to Earth last Sunday. After scoring nine touchdowns in his past 10 games, Graham posted a 0/0/0 stat-line in Jacksonville, his only noteworthy act being a 15-yard penalty following a Wilson interception.

It was a disappointing performance, made even worse by the Jaguars’ terrific cornerbacks and the idea that Graham would be able to capitalize against a favorable one-on-one matchup.

Graham will look to return to his touchdown scoring, defender posterizing ways in another favorable matchup. Rams’ rookie safety Joe Johnson has had a solid year on balance, but is coming off the worst game of his young career. Missing Zach Ertz, the Eagles looked to third-string tight end Trey Burton against the Rams, and Johnson was the victim.

If only for a week, Graham’s Elite Touchdown Maker label was transferred to Burton as the fourth-year tight end enjoyed a career day, catching five passes for 71 yards and two touchdowns. He nearly doubled his career touchdowns while exceeding his single-game high in receiving yards, all of which was against Johnson. Seattle likely won’t get a career day from Graham on Sunday, but getting the ball back in his hands and in the paint would go a long way.
------------
42-41
This will be a barn burner of a game.
------------
If the Hawks lose on Sunday, they won't make the playoffs.

Here is why:

• Tied with Atlanta currently, but they have a tiebreaker. Atlanta will likely beat Tampa bay, so our loss would put us a game back with Atlanta having the tiebreaker. Divisional games against CAR and NO could allow them to win a game of those two depending on what the others are playing for.
  • GB is a game behind us, with A-A-Ron back at the helm. They will likely rally and win this week. If we lose, they own the tiebreaker over us and would have to win out. They play MIN, and DET to end the year. Possible for them to keep the lead.
  • DAL has a chance to rally and win out with Elliot coming back soon and the Eagles missing their QB. If they win out, that means they beat us in their house with Zeke back. Possible. They would then have a tie breaker over us as well.
  • DET is lingering around only a game back of us. They could still make a little noise.
I firmly believe this game is playoffs or bust for the Hawks.
-----------
Wagner's injury neither different nor new

Per coach’s interviews in Seattle on both Tuesday and Wednesday, Wagner is not dealing with a new hamstring injury but merely aggravation of the injury he has battled since game 5. He will be a game time decision but most expect him to start even if he cannot play the whole game.

Wilson will test Ram’s corners and Wilson is playing better now than he was early in the season. Richardson was able to pressure Goff early in the season. I expect his play will be even more important Sunday.

I expect a narrow Seahawks victory and a close, low-scoring game
----------
McDougald has been a great surprise for us

But I feel like this is a game where we will really miss Chancellor. I would feel a lot better about the Gurley screen pass threat if Bam Bam Kam were the one patrolling it.

Also, if we can’t get pressure against Goff early can we please, please try to generate some via a blitz from time to time? I know it runs anathema to our defensive philosophy but we can’t hope to win if we don’t get any pressure. Bortles had far too long to throw and it showed.
-----------
Am I the only one who doesn’t have a great feeling about our coordinator? I credit coach Carrol for promoting from within… However, I see alot of frustration and big gaps in consistency with our defense. I understand the injury bug. But even with healthy starters it seems like too many communication breakdowns and costly big plays given up.